We need the "guild" feature in LIF: YO

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Crazy_Viking

We need the "guild" feature in LIF: YO

Post by Crazy_Viking » 30 Sep 2014, 21:03

As far as i understand LIF's mechanics, we need to have a "guild" to claim lands...

Right now, almost anybody can "tresspass" our "territory", grief our lands, stole objects, and we can't do anything. We can't even defend ourserlve without losing alignment..

It's not even possible to share a gate or something else (coop for example), it's quite annoying for those who plays as a team.

Everburn3

Re: We need the "guild" feature in LIF: YO

Post by Everburn3 » 30 Sep 2014, 21:09

This is a pre alpha and now more important is to resolve the problems about the crashing and the bug that ruins the game experience.

It's normal that everybody needs the "system of guild" the claiming system.. but the point is i think that is not already done.. needs to be done.

Now we need only to play the game and understand the bug i think :)

Viik

Post by Viik » 30 Sep 2014, 21:16

The problem is that even without greefing you can be raided at any point. Loosing hours of work leads to frustration. Which leads to having more negative emotions connected to game than positive ones and people will start leaving. A dozen who are left are just not enough to test the game, as simple as that.

Rarp

Post by Rarp » 30 Sep 2014, 21:24

Viik wrote:The problem is that even without greefing you can be raided at any point. Loosing hours of work leads to frustration. Which leads to having more negative emotions connected to game than positive ones and people will start leaving. A dozen who are left are just not enough to test the game, as simple as that.

While I agree that guilds would be nice to have, that's quite the cynical retort.

If people can't stand the frustration of losing a couple hours work now, how do you think it will be when sieges start taking place where people lose thousands of hours of work?
ImagejoinToRemoteServer("lif.nightswatch.ca:28000","")
The Night's Watch is recruiting!
Web based skill calculator

Anchor4073
Beta Tester

Post by Anchor4073 » 30 Sep 2014, 21:55

I agree there needs to be a guild function even before leather is fixed. Not being able to keep anything safe is a real pain since there are always people out there with the sole purpose of trying to make you get mad. I've lost more than a couple hrs worth and my first village on one server fell apart because of this. I suggest this happens asap before people quit playing as I love the game and wish it to do well in the future!

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 30 Sep 2014, 22:33

You know, it'd be nice if people actually read about the game and wouldn't waste time with posts like these...

http://lifeisfeudal.com/LiFYO

please note under Your Own:
NO GUILDS, NO LAND CLAIMS

Crazy_Viking

Post by Crazy_Viking » 30 Sep 2014, 23:17

GrimmLiberty wrote:You know, it'd be nice if people actually read about the game and wouldn't waste time with posts like these...

That would be nice if people actually solve their own illiteracy before wasting time with stupid comments.

We never said that it will be implanted in YO, just that we ALSO NEED gulds in YO, for many, many reasons...

Josh007cl

Post by Josh007cl » 30 Sep 2014, 23:58

Guilds could be a good idea in YO. It would allow a way to share access to a castle such as the gate, buildings, and keep.

I know a lot of people are afraid of griefing in the game, but that's what admins are for.

For those who want sieging in YO, I think a good way to do that is to be able to destroy the gate to get in to an area.

Revv

Post by Revv » 01 Oct 2014, 01:51

They have stated in another thread they are implementing a "grouping" system so patience is key here. Also if you don't want to lose hard work then maybe try putting up walls and placing multiple gates so everyone in your "group" can have access? I know this works because we have set up our castle exactly like this.
Main gate on south side with an inner wall which has 3 more gates, person who has claimed the main gate (myself) is on almost all of the time and leaves that open unless under attack.
Inner gates are claimed by other members also extra gates on east and west walls.
It's not hard to work around until they add a grouping/sharing function.

Crazy_Viking

Post by Crazy_Viking » 01 Oct 2014, 02:13

Anyway, this doesn't solve the "griefers" and trepassers, who can invade your 'property' , stole and harass , and we can't defend oursleves without suffering alignment penalites.... It's a non-sense...!

Any group (or even solo player) should be able to claim some (proportionnal) piece of land, where he/they could for example, fight or kill a "tresspasser" (not a guy tag as group member) without suffering penalties. Self-defence, you know.

We absolutely NEED this kind of mechanics. I'm not against PVP, i like it. If some looters break into our defences, kill all my friends in a fair fight, well, they deserve some "reward". Maybe then could even claim this exact piece of land where we build our village.

But right now, building a village, a castle, it doesn't worth it, if you can't "defend" your property... Just find some iron mine and rush for weapons. If you get killed looting somebody properties, the other guy will be tagged as evil: you just have to come back later to "end the job", without any penalties...

Revv

Post by Revv » 01 Oct 2014, 02:33

They can't trespass if you put up walls so how does that not fix the issue for now? It's only a temp fix anyway as I said they ARE working on it already
http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/ownership-sharing-gates-and-houses-t2939/

Crazy_Viking

Post by Crazy_Viking » 01 Oct 2014, 03:50

Yes they can, using glitches (log ladder is one example), or moving forward when you are spawning, and i'm quite sure that you can dig a tunnel under a stone wall.

HUHUM. :Bravo:

Revv

Post by Revv » 01 Oct 2014, 04:17

If you can't stop someone from digging a tunnel under your own wall or if you can't stop someone stacking logs against your wall then it's your own fault not the devs fault. And as I said they ARE working on a grouping/sharing system and even when that is in you still won't be able to "claim" an area that is for the mmo, unless they change their minds and add it to LifYO. Also if you are playing on a server where people are deviant enough to do that while you are offline maybe then consider changing servers? There are plenty of servers around that are monitored by admins and don't allow such treachery.

PapaB_real

Post by PapaB_real » 01 Oct 2014, 04:42

GrimmLiberty wrote:You know, it'd be nice if people actually read about the game and wouldn't waste time with posts like these...

Cyka

Post by Cyka » 01 Oct 2014, 06:17

I agree, we definitely need the guild system in LIF: YO at some point.

I was very disappointed to read the comparison between YO and the MMO.

Why would they not add guilds? This will make cooperation between large groups and defending against bandits very difficult.

I hope the devs will reconsider this decision :)

Artis

Post by Artis » 01 Oct 2014, 06:20

Im hoping that the devs allow server owners the choice in terms of what can be built. I personally would take siege weapoms out and stage battles. If people wanted to siege then I would spawn them for use. Otherwise communities will not be happy. Just my thoughts.
Kingdoms 24/7|Settlements|Guilds|Events|ActiveAdmins

http://shadowrangers.enjin.com

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 01 Oct 2014, 10:36

Crazy_Viking wrote:

That would be nice if people actually solve their own illiteracy before wasting time with stupid comments.

We never said that it will be implanted in YO, just that we ALSO NEED gulds in YO, for many, many reasons...

Ok, so you Want a guild system AND land claiming in YO, and there are posts about sieges in this thread, another thing that YO is slated to NOT have, yet somehow *I* am the illiterate one? LOL
And the annimated picture just adds so much to the conversation, I can clearly see where this mindset is coming from, so I will move on, as I am certain the DEVs already have.

PapaB_real

Post by PapaB_real » 01 Oct 2014, 11:27

GrimmLiberty wrote:And the annimated picture just adds so much to the conversation, I can clearly see where this mindset is coming from, so I will move on, as I am certain the DEVs already have.

Argh... i cant resist!

And... for the conversation.

Yeah, it is LIF:YO, BUT.....

We have a running Server and... on a good day ~30 Players.
And we wanted to create two factions. Not possible at the moment.

So... if it realy should be a game only for your own, there should not the possibility to create Servers with many players.

Uno

Post by Uno » 01 Oct 2014, 12:37

Everburn wrote:This is a pre alpha and now more important is to resolve the problems about the crashing and the bug that ruins the game experience.

It's normal that everybody needs the "system of guild" the claiming system.. but the point is i think that is not already done.. needs to be done.

Now we need only to play the game and understand the bug i think :)

The OP doesn't claim that a guild system has higher priority than solving the crashes.
Maybe you aren't aware, but a guild system is not in the plans for Your Own at all, it's different from "not ready yet". Not even planned. You should read a bit more about future plans.

Crazy_Viking

Post by Crazy_Viking » 01 Oct 2014, 17:48

GrimmLiberty wrote:
Crazy_Viking wrote:

Ok, so you Want a guild system AND land claiming in YO, and there are posts about sieges in this thread, another thing that YO is slated to NOT have, yet somehow *I* am the illiterate one? LOL.

Yes. LOL

Cyka

Post by Cyka » 01 Oct 2014, 18:21

If it's not the full fledged guild system there needs to be at least some sort of community system where members of a village have access to locked doors, equipment, etc.

There also needs to be some way to stop people from just digging tunnels around your settlement/dropping items everywhere.

Thylbanus

Post by Thylbanus » 02 Oct 2014, 01:07

Alignment penalties? Really? Like it matters. It's an alpha. Besides, they said no guilds in LiF:YO. Guess you have to find servers that are a little more friendly.

Good luck.

:fool:

Cyka

Post by Cyka » 02 Oct 2014, 08:00

Find a server that's a little more friendly? Sure.

Even so in this type of game it's necessary to have some sort of land claim/keeping enemies away.

It seems a little silly that an admin would have to come take care of things if someone griefed you. The players should be able to handle this on their own without having to call for an admin.

Hopefully a mod is developed to address this if it's never implemented by the devs

Uno

Post by Uno » 02 Oct 2014, 09:19

I'd like to correct a bit Cyka's post.
An ownership system is needed in order to keep GRIEFERS away, not to keep enemies away. Enemies should be able to detroy your possessions with the proper game mechanics. Griefers on the other hand don't add anything to this or any other game. They are a curse and a plague that need to be avoided with prevention, since griefers can do serious damage to games.
Since day 1 this game version has been a festival for griefers, people that come into a village to reposition work tables up in the sky, destroy construction yards in one click etc., just for the heck of it. This kind of stuff doesn't add anything to the game, it is completely unneeded, as much as the cynical and pompous comments I've read in this thread from some usual, overly aggressive poster whose main intent on these boards is merely to attack others and show how l33t they are.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 02 Oct 2014, 10:25

big-stone-house-can-t-accommodate-more-than-one-player-t3113/page10/#p27636
Deantwo wrote:I wouldn't be supprised if a small version of the guild feature is added later anyway.
At least I am positive that the devs will change their minds a little on the subject later.

If not, then there is always modding.
Once modding becomes available, I am 100% sure that a "guild" mod will be made if the devs don't.

I am getting a little tired of repeating my self on this forum.
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Revv

Post by Revv » 02 Oct 2014, 10:33

Revv wrote:They can't trespass if you put up walls so how does that not fix the issue for now? It's only a temp fix anyway as I said they ARE working on it already
http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/ownership-sharing-gates-and-houses-t2939/

Yeah me too, I'll post this one last time in the hopes they actually read it this time then Im done with this thread and they can cry all they want as I won't be reading this anymore.

Thylbanus

Post by Thylbanus » 03 Oct 2014, 00:37

Cyka wrote:Find a server that's a little more friendly? Sure.

Even so in this type of game it's necessary to have some sort of land claim/keeping enemies away.

It seems a little silly that an admin would have to come take care of things if someone griefed you. The players should be able to handle this on their own without having to call for an admin.

Hopefully a mod is developed to address this if it's never implemented by the devs

In a full game, that is valid. Since it's not, it's being overly dramatic. Remember it's still alpha.

Bautista

Post by Bautista » 03 Jan 2015, 10:23

I know this is an old post but I did get a chuckle out of this whole thread. First of all I bought this game when it released. Running a LIF Yo server to me was a great idea until I actually got in the game and saw all the problems it would have. The restrictions it has was over the top. To sell a product and say.. oh you cant have this or cant have that.. was a bit absurd to me . So I pretty much stop supporting the project and moved on to more better projects. If the Devs were smart they would sell a full rights projects yearly to have full access such as guilds and such. I personally would pay 2000.00 usd yearly to have such rights. I am not asking for server or client codes but just the rights to have guilds, more lands, etc as their regular server. I would never ever play on their regular server. I am pretty much sick of playing mmorpgs with sets of rules as other peoples because in my personal opinion its a bit Nazi to me. Anyways my two cents.. If you dont like their restrictions.. leave the project and find something better.. begging for an option that they will never do.. is just useless and a waste of time..

Return to General Discussion