[MOD] Life is Balanced, 12.12

Svenne1993

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, RELEASED!

Post by Svenne1993 » 05 Oct 2014, 14:18

Yoo harmin , tybalt hier , kan je aub eens me vriendverzoek accepteren , we heben problemen op je oude server , hopelijk snel antwoord mvg tybalt

Alucardy

Post by Alucardy » 05 Oct 2014, 17:01

Been playing on the server almoost since it started. thise mod is so mutch better than the normal game.

Hell yea love this MOD!!!!! :Yahoo!:

Pendanyk
Beta Tester

Post by Pendanyk » 05 Oct 2014, 19:15

Hello! I would love to try this, but I am having issues with the server browser (Takes ages to load, never finds the servers I'm looking for and sometimes it's even giving me bluescreens :bad: ). Can you post the IP of your server?

KingOfHell

Post by KingOfHell » 05 Oct 2014, 19:34

Pendanyk wrote:Hello! I would love to try this, but I am having issues with the server browser (Takes ages to load, never finds the servers I'm looking for and sometimes it's even giving me bluescreens :bad: ). Can you post the IP of your server?

joinToRemoteServer("145.97.231.177:29000","lib")

Pendanyk
Beta Tester

Post by Pendanyk » 05 Oct 2014, 19:38

Thank you, good sir!

Patienceyeah

Post by Patienceyeah » 05 Oct 2014, 23:56

How long before you guys make a english hosted server?

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 06 Oct 2014, 00:13

Do you mean located in the UK or a server where you can talk English? Because on the current server everyone can talk English as far as I know, although they may speak in their native languages when they are among themselves.
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

Adamld85

Post by Adamld85 » 06 Oct 2014, 00:44

I'm interested in this mod but in we're in Australia so joining your server isn't really a possibility.

When would you be able to release the server files as I'm running a LiF server in Australia right now and I'd like to change it over to your mod.

I can be contacted at admin@7gamers.com.au if you'd like to contact me.
LT.
7Gamers.com.au

Patienceyeah

Post by Patienceyeah » 06 Oct 2014, 05:42

I meant a server hosted in the U.S that way i can play it without lag.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis » 06 Oct 2014, 07:35

Sounds cool, when I am finished with the server I am playing on, I will probably take a look at this :D

Puschpa

Post by Puschpa » 06 Oct 2014, 14:50

Made a separate fresh install, moved the unpacked modified files into this install, tried to login from another server with the joinToRemoteServer command, but only came to the "Waiting for Server" message :(

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 06 Oct 2014, 14:57

Puschpa wrote:Made a separate fresh install, moved the unpacked modified files into this install, tried to login from another server with the joinToRemoteServer command, but only came to the "Waiting for Server" message :(

Odd. We are playing with 6 people on the server now. What do you mean with "from another server"? I recommend to join from the Join Game menu, or trying to find it in the server list.
My Modding Guide

Puschpa

Post by Puschpa » 06 Oct 2014, 15:14

Maegfaer wrote:... What do you mean with "from another server"? I recommend to join from the Join Game menu, or trying to find it in the server list.

I'm logging in to another server, where I open the console and enter the command joinToRemoteServer("145.97.231.177:29000","lib") - I've never seen the server in the browser list, not even after refreshing and waiting for long time.

NVM - I got it, was not aware the console could be opened in the start screen too :oops:

Niistokeppi

Post by Niistokeppi » 06 Oct 2014, 17:06

How can you edit the weapon damages? cant seem to find em?

Adamld85

Post by Adamld85 » 06 Oct 2014, 20:12

Do you intend on releasing the Server files so other servers can run your mod or is the plan to continue to use the mod to promote 1 European server?

Its up to you of course but I don't see the point since you are excluding entire countries who won't get a good ping to your server.. :(
LT.
7Gamers.com.au

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 06 Oct 2014, 20:18

Adamld85 wrote:Do you intend on releasing the Server files so other servers can run your mod or is the plan to continue to use the mod to promote 1 European server?

Its up to you of course but I don't see the point since you are excluding entire countries who won't get a good ping to your server.. :(

I'm going to release the server files within a few days. I'm still modding them heavily right now.
My Modding Guide

Adamld85

Post by Adamld85 » 06 Oct 2014, 23:03

Maegfaer wrote:
Adamld85 wrote:Do you intend on releasing the Server files so other servers can run your mod or is the plan to continue to use the mod to promote 1 European server?

I'm going to release the server files within a few days. I'm still modding them heavily right now.

That's good news. I look forward to the release.
LT.
7Gamers.com.au

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 07 Oct 2014, 10:34

So, im going to guess this gets broken everytime theres an update and everytime you tweak something and ppl need new files.

It's a great first step into the right direction, but i'm really waiting for proper tools dev or player made that allow us to truly mod this game.

M&b combat please D:

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 07 Oct 2014, 10:40

Frontal wrote:So, im going to guess this gets broken everytime theres an update and everytime you tweak something and ppl need new files.

It's a great first step into the right direction, but i'm really waiting for proper tools dev or player made that allow us to truly mod this game.

M&b combat please D:

The mod will require an update after every patch, true, but I use professional tools and workflows with which I can instantly see the revelant changes of a new patch that conflict with the mod's changes. That way, releasing an update after a patch won't be much work for me.

Also, in the server name I keep track of the version number, and from now on also in the welcome server message. That way people will get two notifications to update their client to the latest version, which is nothing more than visiting this thread, downloading the archive, extracting and overwriting.
My Modding Guide

KingOfHell

Post by KingOfHell » 07 Oct 2014, 16:10

devs need to add all these features in to the actual game.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, v1.1

Post by Maegfaer » 07 Oct 2014, 16:49

Pretty major update is now available!

Change log:

v1.1
  • Outfits (casual clothes) are now available for crafting under Tailoring! Cheaper than advertised on the Wiki!
  • Two Cooking recipes have been moved to level 0 to re-allow Cooking XP gain since official patch 0.2.1.0.
  • Barrels can now be used for storing and transporting Rocks/Ores/Soil. For real this time.
  • Snare Trap Grass Fiber cost halved.
  • More temporary Wool ingredient replacements, either with Linen or Silk, both Cloth and Hanks.
  • Cheaper higher level Padded Armours.
  • Moved "Use Bellows" again, this time to General Actions.
  • Some small fixes to earlier changes.
My Modding Guide

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, v2.1

Post by Maegfaer » 07 Oct 2014, 17:49

v2.1

Fixed a stupid typo that broke the GUI. Thanks to King of Hell for spotting it.

:D
My Modding Guide

Sugam

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, v2.1 - Now with Outfits!

Post by Sugam » 07 Oct 2014, 20:10

Its good that some one is making the game a lot more easy for others. the official alpha LiF is a little stiff for some folks, other then the 10X+ skill servers as a choice there is this one.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 07 Oct 2014, 21:39

Shut [Censored] up.

After over a decade of being subjected to [Censored] developers in the niche sandbox MMO community, I honestly feel like ones that are actually competent have arrived.

These guys are a godsend, at the speed they address the issues, and the clarity by which they approach the problems with the game.
Last edited by Arrakis on 07 Oct 2014, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Censoring swearwords

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 07 Oct 2014, 22:52

I think the developers didn't really have the option to delay release of the alpha to fix all the stability issues. Time is money and all that.

I do hope the devs will pay more attention to exploits now, because since patch 0.2.1.0 the servers are ten times more stable than before. Server stability is nice, but if the game itself gets ruined by griefers it's worthless.
My Modding Guide

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 08 Oct 2014, 00:31

I'm not saying the developers aren't sent by heaven and doing a formiddable job!
What I'm criticizing is the fact that they seem to exclusively focus on the server stability due to "being a small team". And yet they don't seem to be interested in the help of those skilled folks in the community who - apparently - would be able to help. You know, helping with the things that need to be changed to balance the game for instance... the little things here and there, the little tweaks that this guy has apparently managed to fix himself. If you involve guys like him here, and let them help (I'm sure he / they'd love to) we would all benefit from it... I'm not a programmer, so if there is a solid reason for why not (e.g. you don't want to mess up your code with some stranger's snippets or such) then explain it to me, and I'm all ears. :good:

P.S. Stormblade: Cussing around and insulting those who speak their mind in a polite manner, ain't going to bring you anywhere in this forum but to the ban list :) Perhaps think about it for your next reply. Constructive discussions - sure! Insulting: Grow up.

Psyanara

Post by Psyanara » 08 Oct 2014, 02:36

Richard_Smith wrote:P.S. Stormblade: Cussing around and insulting those who speak their mind in a polite manner, ain't going to bring you anywhere in this forum but to the ban list :) Perhaps think about it for your next reply. Constructive discussions - sure! Insulting: Grow up.

Richard,

If Stormblade's censored words up there contained the F word (and he's american), then his original opening remark of "Shut the ... up" are oftentimes used in the states as an exclamation like "rock on" or "super!", and necessarily wasn't intended as insults.

If it was a word beginning with H, all bets are off. :oops:

IzznO
True Believer

Post by IzznO » 08 Oct 2014, 12:01

So whats the number of flux needed for steal and flax number for rope? There is no way to tell :P

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 08 Oct 2014, 12:04

10 Flux for a Steel Ingot instead of 12.
2 Flux for a Steel Bar instead of 6. (6 was weird, since you can make 5 Bars out of an Ingot)
20 Flax for one Rope instead of 25. In the next update it will be 10 Flax, I think.
My Modding Guide

IzznO
True Believer

Post by IzznO » 08 Oct 2014, 12:07

Maegfaer wrote:10 Flux for a Steel Ingot instead of 12.
2 Flux for a Steel Bar instead of 6. (6 was weird, since you can make 5 Bars out of an Ingot)
20 Flax for one Rope instead of 25. In the next update it will be 10 Flax, I think.

My man, im playing on your server from now on :) Ooh, since its only one char, maybe increase the skill cap a little bit, to 1k perhaps? Makes it a little bit easier if you are a smaller group like mine :)

Return to Modded Servers