MMO Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Chavoda

Re: Interactive FAQ

Post by Chavoda » 28 Aug 2011, 00:53

34: Will we be able to sit on chairs%ledges (most games got chairs,but you can never sit on them :P )
35: Will there be chat restrictions or not ,like Spam alot global chat, region or local chat.
36: PvP/Conquest will there be a game mechanic that says/shows this area is yours and your enemy owns this part (perhaps based on some kind of building radius)

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 28 Aug 2011, 15:09

34. Maybe yes, maybe no. It's not our priority for sure.
35. Sure, we will try to keep public chats clean.
36. Yes, there will be actual visible kingdom borders in our world, and messages when you will enter or leave some kingdom or private territory. And ofc global announcements about territory battles or sieges.

Mr_FauxPas

Post by Mr_FauxPas » 28 Aug 2011, 20:23

37) Is role-playing going to be supported with some in-game mechanics, like owning your own character sheet, or being able to auto-translate smiles and "lols" to *smiles* *laughs*?

Furanku

Post by Furanku » 29 Aug 2011, 02:15

38) Will be allow to Grief Role Players, if wanted ?

*I felt I had to clarify my question since the troll has followed me to the FAQ Topic

*In Ultima Online, Gm's turned a blind eye to character greifing and harassment as it was apart of the game. Will you allow the same system where players can find a target, hunt them, ruin their gaming life by not only killing them ,but stealing their property and destroy their kingdom completely. Since most games would consider this [Harassment], however in this game type of Open Pvp Sandbox everyone and their little [e-feelings] will be hurt if they are killed repeatedly, or killed for their shinny and felt it was unfair.

So To Restate my question

38) Will a player be allowed to handle his/her in-game interactions without GM or Staff interference unless it crosses the line into Sexual, Racial and or Biblical Harassment ?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 29 Aug 2011, 06:40

37) Don't think so. Maybe in a later post release stages.
38) Yes. I'm pretty much sure we won't babysit everyone, unless a certain line is crossed. That line is pretty common in most games: sexual, racial, religious harassment, cheating and bug exploiting and such.

Vansar

Post by Vansar » 29 Aug 2011, 18:32

39: In previous FAQ topic you said that water will be Wurm-like 1-level everywhere. My question is: will there be possible way to build castle on high-ground, dig moat around AND actually fill the moat with water? Or is it going to be just moat-like hole around castle?

40: You also mentioned that if you screw up with digging your mine it's hard to "patch it up". What if, let's say, someone siege my castle and make tunnel under my walls. I defeat this scum, but tunnel going right under my walls is not satisfying me. Especially when the same guy (and everyone else) can get into my town again, and now he doesn't even have to do anything.

41: One more thing I'm not sure of. What I read is that you can master one skill (for example be a legendary blacksmith) and be not-the-best in other skills (alchemy, leatherworking). Let's say I start playing with friends, we all are newbies and must work together on mining/woodcutting/building/hunting. After some time we want to give everyone a role so he can master one skill, for example I'll be blacksmith and someone will provide me high quality ore. Is there any reset option, so I can maximize stats in one profession?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 29 Aug 2011, 19:37

39) 2nd option - if you want to have a moat filled with water - you'll need to dig it at the sea level.
40) I think we will amke it possible to patch up tunnel entrance and exit, so it become a surface back again. With som kind of tunnel decay implemented later - that will do.
41) It will be pretty much like in UO. You could switch every skill in 3 states:
locked - no skill level change,
arrow up - skill level will rise, when used,
arrow down - skill level will decay when skillcap is being hit and another "Arrow up skill" level should be raised.
So you can play with those locks and unlocks and respec anytime.

Azarah

Post by Azarah » 30 Aug 2011, 15:32

42) What do you mean with "with som kind of tunnel decay implemented later"? Do you mean after the release? My biggest fear is that LIF will turn out into one big grief fiesta with tunnels and all kinda stuff left behind by players that arent even playing the game anymore.

43) A follow up question; How limited will terraofrming be? Will you be able to terraform other players land in a matter of minutes or will it be time and resources consuming?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 30 Aug 2011, 18:59

42) By later , i mean in beta stages. That feature definitely needs to be done, we just simply on't have it in current state of our terraforming engine (and we moved to melee combat development and other tasks).

43) I've mentioned somewhere, that you won't be able to terraform blocked cells (blocked by building or by other kingdom/player property right).

hasaosan

Post by hasaosan » 31 Aug 2011, 00:30

44.) sense we are the only people on the forums currently how about letting us in for a pre alpha test :D jkjk(enless u really want to) BUT in all seriousness now 1 of the biggest sandbox features id like to see implemented is a wicked pet system (linkreals is the ONLY mmo or game for that matter that has made 1 even similer to what i am lookin for aka millions of possiblitys threw breading) (so will there be breading/taming is my question

45.) i do now this is exposed to be based on irl BUT you have to add some more races (it is a game after all :P)... plz Y-Y and if you DO i would suggest making race languages (it won't be that hard to make as it was in haz 2 witch waz made in byond) aka people wont understand you enless you talk in basic dialect(will there be multiple races and a lang system set up)

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 31 Aug 2011, 06:27

44) Can't say about fully supported pets and pet system, but breeding will be active for cattle, horses and such.
45) We plan to make 3 race archetypes (no names yet):
- western european like
- viking/slav like
- mongol/arab like

But TBH it's all about amount of art work to do, and if we'll see that it will delay us greatly - there is a chance that it will be only one race in a release.

hasaosan

Post by hasaosan » 31 Aug 2011, 20:11

will the game be F2P?

IF so what are some ideas for a cash shop?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 01 Sep 2011, 06:48

wongo007
Alpha Tester

Post by wongo007 » 01 Sep 2011, 10:08

46)will they be ships (i suggested)
47)will they be a life is feudal wiki
48)can you swim or learn to swim
49)will they musical instruments
50)what currency will they be
51)do you have to sleep in game or not
52)Bobik will you play the game with us or not
53)can you climbe mountains or only jump like in minecraft

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 01 Sep 2011, 16:23

46) Was asked already - we plan them in post release period
47) Sure - either fan driven or hosted by us.
48) Yes, both.
49) Yes, but not sure if we'll be able to implement good musician skill before release.
50) coins of bronze silver and gold.
51) Sort of going offline
52) Nope, i think i won't have time or moral rights to do so. But i will observe it for sure.
53) You'll be able to climb mountains, some trees, maybe even walls with a good climbing skill level.

Garetheis

Post by Garetheis » 01 Sep 2011, 17:34

54)How do you guys plan on getting word of your game out? Cause this forum is kinda lacking in numbers.
55)Is it going to be possible to go solo or is being in a guild/clan essential?
56)You say you're going to use something similar to sb when it comes to sieges but will you be using other sb like things? ex.the rune dropers that drop runes that give you more abilities

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 01 Sep 2011, 19:48

54) I doubt we'll have a huge advertising budget. I hope that game will say for itself, when it comes out. Anyway - time will tell, no sertain plans ATM since it's too early.
55) Solo will be possible, but we will stimulate teamwork more. It's MMORPG and not a singleplayer game after all!
56) Nah, since there will be no PvE (axcept hunting) there will be no rune droppers, rune camping and such, as it was in SB. I think we'll get inspired by SB siege and political system - nothing else,

Waltheof

Post by Waltheof » 04 Sep 2011, 19:38

What time period(s) are you guys following? Or is it complete fantasy? (I had the impression you are going for a 14th or 15th century look.) - Read main page, please (Bobik)
57)What differences does the viking/slav racial group have compared to the western-European one?
58)Do the races have any major differences other than culture?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 05 Sep 2011, 06:41

57, 58) Differences will be designed later. Currently we plan to make it easier for some races to learn certain skills. For example, viking/slavs will be profetient with axes and 2H weapons, western europeans with 1H and shields and plate armors, and arab/mongols with mounted combat and archery. IT will be only skill progression difference and not some kind of limitations, so any race will be able to train and master any skill. It's just will be designed to make it easier.
Racial restricted weapons yet to be decided.

SuryaMonk
Alpha Tester

Post by SuryaMonk » 05 Sep 2011, 11:06

59a) No magic in that game? No heals and mainly - no other-heals? (except some regen from food and maybe pots?)
I play with a lot fps games with swords and bows (M&B/Ages of Chivalry, etc) and one thing this games miss to be very good - you cant heal your teammates and do good support to them :(. Bandages maybe for healing?
59b) What about other-buffs like in DF? In DF its very nice for teamplay. Other-buffs dont last longer and in fight you need
found sometimes to regroup, other-buff, healup and go again.
59c) Ressurect allowed or not?
59d) What about shields in pvp. If i will be shoot in ppl with shield i can hit in his leg/head? Or i just will be hit his shield every time? Shields will be drain stamina when rising? Or will be broken if they catch enought arrows? Or what? I mean - here is not will be infinite blocking? how i can interapt blocking?
59e) I mean, how do you imagine pvp without magic and especialy without support classes/roles? Its just will be "focus that guy", "focus that guy"? Its will be too fast fight as i can imagine. How you imagine teamwork? Focus on enemy? Cover by shield teammate what have low hp? Rushing on mounts from behind? Using territory for long fly arrows (more arrow distance if from rocks)?
60) How much ppl you imagine on your server? 3000 online? 10000? You will use claster technology or just one-standing server + SQL server maybe? Or one server - one game zone?
61) What about siege? How its looks? Ppl can bind at siege-stones? Or if ppl who siege dead - they will be must run again a lot to city what attacked (if no runestones here and such thing)?
p.s Hi Bobik! :D

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 05 Sep 2011, 11:48

59a) No instaheals for sure. Maybe something to regain softHP fast, but not hardHP for sure.
59b) Not decided yet. Currently we plan nothing but blessings before battles and weapon sharpening, armor fitting/patching between battles (while traveling or during siege pauses)
59c) You'll be able to help a knockdowned player to regain softHP faster, but dead man is a dead man - he will be ressurected at his bind point.
59d) Pretty much like it was in medieval times. Formation control, situation control, strategy control (like pikemans vs cavalry, heavy knights vs light infantry, cavalry vs ranged units and such). I got your idea, but it won't be like it was in DF - i hope it will be something new.
60) Hard to tell. OFC we currently plan cluster system for our world (like 1 server per 3*3 km block of landmass), but we need to do a shitload of optimization and tuning before we ever be able to collect and analyze any performance results. I have an experience from other Torque MMO developers of like 500sh online players per one server. So, in theory, we can have battles of 250vs250 on one terrain block, or 500*47=24 500 players. But it's very rough and i missed alot of details - real numbers will be way smaller i suspect :)

P.S. Heya Surya :)

ThaBadMan

Post by ThaBadMan » 05 Sep 2011, 17:01

Ok brace yourself for answers ;)

61) Will all aspects of combat be like M&B ? Like melee, archery and mounted combat ?

62) There will be no PvE, that means no old fortresses with mobs or anything like that ?

63) So with the kingdom thingy, you wont be able to build in other peoples territory, what happens then if you have a house somewhere and a nation pops up to surround your little estate ?

64) How will structures be, considering solo players, small guilds, big guilds, large alliances and massive nations ?

65) Will the combat be completely skill based, so that solo/small guilds actually with higher skill can beat overwhelming numbers with less skill and organisation ?

66) You might have posted something about this before but can you build underground and make big cities in mountains and under the ground ?

67) Will wildlife act like real wildlife and not the usual mob like acting ?

68) Will hunting be realistic as in skinning and such, so that you wont need to kill 30+ of this or that creature to get a armor set, or will it be kill one bear and you get a hide big enough for 1 perhaps 2 players ?

69) Will you be able to wear cloth over armor ?

70) Will there be a enviromental weather system like if you are wearing steel armor in snow you freeze or in desert you overheat ? And clothing like silk under armor in desert is better and hides in snow will protect you ?

71) Will there be any instances, like in sieges or can a third or fourth party come and conquer while others are fighting ?

72) Will the game overall be fast paced or more slow ?

73) Will it take like a day, week or month RL time to skill up if you are actively doing it for say 8 hours a day ?

74) will there be much grind ?

75) Will there be any unique equipment for people participating in Alpha/Beta tests, not OP shit but different from live equips ?

76) Will there be any big difference between starter equips and end level equips or will the game be mostly player skill based ?

Thats it for now, enjoy ;)
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jqJYYMM.png?1[/img]

SuryaMonk
Alpha Tester

Post by SuryaMonk » 06 Sep 2011, 04:19

77) Why ppl must fight for other territory? I mean, yeah, its very fun to fight. But, but what it give to ppl what win or lose?
In LA2 city give taxes. In your game can we set taxes?
In DF city give binds (nice to have city with good pve spots) and teleport around the world. And some resources in city (Timber, Rare ore mines, Farms). What motivation in gain or destruction of citis and in building kingdoms?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 06 Sep 2011, 05:43

61) It won't be a 100% M&B ripoff. But most of the things, like it is in M&B will be inspired by reality and we'll try to reproduce that.
62) Yup, no dungeons, old fortresses, hidden caves and such, until you want to dig them yourself and inhabit them with your friends :)
63) That nation will have more rights on your land. It can politely ask you to move somewhere else, join their nation and stay where you are, or simply force you to move by destroying your stuff, since it won't be protected, since it will be on their land. Kinda harsh, but life is feudal :)
64) I've answer about guild system somewhere earlier. In few words: solo player - property less guild - guild with property - alliance of guilds.
65) It is our aim to make combat rather player skill based, then ingame skill based. But it might be harder to combat overwhelming numbers in our game (since there will be no powerful buffs, 100500 AoE nukes and alot of heals). So better avoid being outnumbered or be outnumbered in a choke points.
66) Answered before. You can't build any solid structures underground, only small devices (anvil, forge, bed, wardrobe and so on).
67) I hope so :)
68) We will try to make hunting some kind of challenge and fun and so it will be rewarded accordingly. I'm sure it won't be like you standing in the middle of constantly respawning bears and killing them with a speed of one bear per 30 secs :)
69) I believe not. We might implement guild cloaks with emblems in game, or make some armors with cloth over it premodeled.
70) Thought about that. If we have any spare time for that - we will make it.
71) Sieges won't be instanced (everyone can come). But we plan to make territory battles. It will prearranged battles on a fixed territory, where every side should make a list of participants and only those player, who are listed will be able to battle there - rest players will be booted from that territory and won't be able to join battle, until it ends.
72) Something in between :)
73) Answered in a podcast. Like 1-2 weaks to reach lvl 90 in a skill, and like halfa year/full year to reach 100
74) NO
75) Don't think so
76) There will be a difference, but not that big
77) We will have taxes. So, reasons for waging wars will be: taxes, resources (especially metal mines) and don't forget about political and ego dramas :)

Niro
Alpha Tester

Post by Niro » 06 Sep 2011, 07:19

78) Will there be a separation of roles in the group, such as a tank, DD, support? Maybe based on equipment or skills/abilities.
79) Will there be some single/crowd control skills/actions(not a spells)? Maybe aimed hit to legs or hands and effect by weapon type.
80) Do you make some sort of selfheal(like a bandages in UO)?

ty (:

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 06 Sep 2011, 10:27

78) I hope that game will adopt close to realism roles: pikeman, cavalry, heavy cavalry, ranged units, heavy infantry and such. Those will be based on skills and equipment (armor and weapon types mostly)
79) Knockdowns, disarms, AoE with arrows are planned.
80) SoftHP - kinda yes - potions. Hard HP - only to stop bleeding from deep wounds.

Chavoda

Post by Chavoda » 06 Sep 2011, 12:52

81: What is soft and hard HP, what is is the difference between them. (not sure if it is mentioned anywhere else, could not find it)
82: Can anyone become a member of any [single]nation at any time regardless if they are in a guild or solo(assuming the nation accepts you)

Bergheer

Post by Bergheer » 07 Sep 2011, 10:47

83: I was reading some topics and it appeared to me that there will be no npc traders. How will the game developers add money in the game economy with no npc's? I think the only way that this could happen is adding different currencies for guilds. Or do you have other plans?
84:Will the developers prevent that one or two guilds will rule the world of "life is feudal" by restricting the amount of land you can conquer or directly control (for example max: 5% of the worldmap)?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 07 Sep 2011, 13:42

81) Written abit about that on our site. In few words: HardHP = actuall health, SoftHP = consciousness
82) Failed to understand that question
83) There will be NPC traders in a central NPC city and we plan player vendors but later, after release.
84) Amount of land per guild will eb limited, amount of guilds in alliance and their lands - no limitations.

Chavoda

Post by Chavoda » 07 Sep 2011, 13:53

85: Are Nations/Kingdoms a actual in game mechanic, (see Q64) or is it simply a other name for guild controlled land. (my 82 question is based on Nations being a separate mechanic were a guild or multiple guilds can start a single nation)

Return to General Discussion