[MOD] Life is Balanced, 12.12

KingOfHell

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, v2.1 - Now with Outfits!

Post by KingOfHell » 08 Oct 2014, 13:02

IzznO wrote:
Maegfaer wrote:10 Flux for a Steel Ingot instead of 12.
2 Flux for a Steel Bar instead of 6. (6 was weird, since you can make 5 Bars out of an Ingot)
20 Flax for one Rope instead of 25. In the next update it will be 10 Flax, I think.

My man, im playing on your server from now on :) Ooh, since its only one char, maybe increase the skill cap a little bit, to 1k perhaps? Makes it a little bit easier if you are a smaller group like mine :)

i dont agree, you should not be able to get 2 trees at the same time, this game is meant to be played by at least 5 guys. 800 is enough, i mean u CAN still level 2 trees.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, v3.2 - Now with Outfits!

Post by Maegfaer » 09 Oct 2014, 09:09

v3.2
  • Pounce force reduced to prevent "super jump" exploit.
  • Swimming speed about halved.
  • Doubled Hank of Linen yield.
  • Bug fixes of earlier Silk and Cooking changes.
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 4.3 - New: Claimable Keeps as Ho

Post by Maegfaer » 09 Oct 2014, 21:12

v4.3
  • 24 hour claim time increased to 48 hours.
  • Keeps can now be set as homes. The Wooden Keep, Small Keep, Keep, and Large Keep now respecively have 10, 20, 30, and 40 home slots available.
  • Keeps and crafting stations with doors in them are now claimable as well.

I wanted to add Chests as Claimables as well, but weirdness may ensue since it's a carriable object.
My Modding Guide

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 09 Oct 2014, 23:31

I love what you are doing with this. Hopefuly we can get a launcher that can swap the files to make it more user friendly.

Ver interested in seeing the files once you release them to the public.
AQ

Ritoshi

Post by Ritoshi » 10 Oct 2014, 06:20

when released the server files ? about ?

Vadio

Post by Vadio » 10 Oct 2014, 06:43

be great you write one guide to how to make our own mod
Keep going .... i going look very close this project

Alucardy

Post by Alucardy » 11 Oct 2014, 15:20

This mod makes do mutch more sense than the normal game its more balanced and alot more realistic.

i have been playing on the server when it launched and i really like it how its growing. new ppl joinning just an alround great fibe going on in the server.

Keep the improvments coming !!

Cya in life is Balanced

Akita

Post by Akita » 11 Oct 2014, 17:51

I just got on your server after unzipping the file in the game folder. I do not see the changes to the skill tree. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Sorry, I didn't have the patience to read through the entire thread if this is FAQ.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 11 Oct 2014, 19:01

Akita wrote:I just got on your server after unzipping the file in the game folder. I do not see the changes to the skill tree. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Sorry, I didn't have the patience to read through the entire thread if this is FAQ.

Can you recheck if you extracted them in the right location, not one directory too high or too low?

Edit: Probably my mistake, looks like the current upload first has a folder "Life is Balanced Client", you should extract it's contents into your client's folder.
My Modding Guide

Akita

Post by Akita » 11 Oct 2014, 19:19

Ok thanks. It works now. but it was kinda a pain. I had to re zip the contents and then extract them into the game folder.

thanks!
Akita

Windvlaag

Post by Windvlaag » 11 Oct 2014, 21:09

what im interested in are the server files aswell, have been able to put in the recipe for a backpack and it shows up as a recipe, so far can't get it to work server wise.

Adamld85

Post by Adamld85 » 13 Oct 2014, 00:27

Windvlaag wrote:what im interested in are the server files aswell, have been able to put in the recipe for a backpack and it shows up as a recipe, so far can't get it to work server wise.

I have my doubts a) you will ever see the server files of this mod and b) they will be anything close to the mod itself.

I think this because the modder is simultaneously trying to promote his own server and has posted a few times asking why people really need their own servers.

If he ever releases anything it will be a cut down version of what is on his server.

What would be great is if another modder takes a more open approach and helps the game flourish by having many minds exploring new modding options. Just imagine how much variety we would have and new things uncovered in just the last week had this guy not taken a closed source approach. Such a shame.
LT.
7Gamers.com.au

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 13 Oct 2014, 10:17

You clearly didn't read my post concerning too many servers well, I clearly argued why it was for the good of the community rather than my own server.

Also, almost right after release of this mod you started implying I'm not going to share, followed by other posts that, at least to me, seemed passive aggressive. If anything would ruin my willingness to share, it is that.

I am going to release the server files. There are several reasons why I haven't done so yet.

First is that I'm still pushing out many updates per week, which would be more work if I also would need to release the server-side updates, especially since I sometimes make mistakes that need complicated manual fixes.

Second is that since the release of this mod there hasn't been an official patch update, and I first want to experience that to see if there are any unforeseen complications that might break things, both client and server side. I don't want the pressure of multiple servers being broken and offline because of my mod.

Third is that once I release the server files, a lot of people will start analyizing them, modding them, and will have tons of questions and problems because sometimes they break stuff, and I'm the only one they know outside of the dev team that would know how to fix it. Currently, modding LiF the way I do isn't just XML files and SQL DB changes, it's also scripting, reverse engineering and hex-editing compiled code (machine language). Especially the latter is hard to research, understand, and it's rather easy to break stuff.

Because of the third issue, I'm currently designing modding tools with a proper GUI to stop the expected troubleshooting swallowing my time. I'm just doing this for free you know, and to be honest, I just want to play the game. I only started modding because I want to play it without the most obvious flaws.

So please stop pushing me and be patient, or find another modder with the skills and time who is willing to take on all the responsibilities that come with sharing mods during alpha.
My Modding Guide

Adamld85

Post by Adamld85 » 13 Oct 2014, 13:26

No, by all means take your time now.

We have downloaded the Torque engine and someone in our community with the knowhow (can disassemble the dso files apparently - I don't know too much about it to be honest) we are now progressing on our own path.

Iil has shared some tips in the meantime which will help us start off some balancing and whatever new things we uncover we promise to share with the LiF community.

So thanks and good luck with your mod.
LT.
7Gamers.com.au

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 13 Oct 2014, 18:07

So was able to get time on the server this weekend (that damned road is done >.< ). Have to say, nice progression/skill changes, once you get up and running was no less stable than "vanilla".

Got a chance to talk with a few of the "vets" and so far everyone I've run into has been polite and rather entertaining (no matter we're from such different time-zones).

I could see this becoming a popular mod, like what happened in Rust add-ons, where it becomes at least a partial adaptation on private servers.

Had a blast and I plan to be back on over this week!
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 13 Oct 2014, 18:58

Glad you like it here. I agree that we have a nice server population. These past three days 33(!) new people created a character on our server! Of course not every one of them sticks around, but server activity is increasing significantly!
My Modding Guide

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 13 Oct 2014, 19:58

If you see Darrus <sp?>

Let him know he has a few new apple trees north and a bit east of the castle... I got bored after finishing that road :P
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 14 Oct 2014, 09:39

FYI, server is currently offline for the 0.2.2.0 patch merge with the mod. Shouldn't take too long now.
My Modding Guide

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 5.4 - New: Claimable Keeps as Ho

Post by Maegfaer » 14 Oct 2014, 10:20

Server is up again! Remeber to download the update!

v5.4
  • Official patch 0.2.2.0 compatability update.
  • Engineer's Outfit skill requirement has been changed to Construction.
My Modding Guide

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 6.5 - New: Crossbow exploit fixe

Post by Maegfaer » 14 Oct 2014, 14:23

v6.5
  • Crossbow bug/exploit fixed! Now you first have to load your crossbow after drawing it.
  • Ranged weaponry rebalance: Str/Agi requirements, speed, damage, weights, friction.
  • Arrows, bolts, saws can now be carried on the hips as well.
  • Weapon weight rebalance.
  • Chests now have 24 hour claim time after putting it down. Barrels and tree logs have no timers anymore.
  • Woodcutting time increased, uprooting time decreased.
  • Arbalest now requires 3 Steel Bars instead of 1 Metal Band.
  • Dull Arrows now cost Horn instead of Metal Band, for Dull Bolt consistency.
  • Server rules added to in-game welcome message.
  • Skills descriptions somewhat updated and clarified.
  • Monk's Outfit is now somewhat heavier to match the other outfits.
My Modding Guide

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 7.5 - New: Crossbow exploit fixe

Post by Maegfaer » 14 Oct 2014, 14:33

v7.5
  • Made a mistake packaging the new files, now the uploaded archive contains all the correct files. Apologies.
My Modding Guide

Darrus

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 6.5 - New: Crossbow exploit fixe

Post by Darrus » 14 Oct 2014, 16:51

Maegfaer wrote:v6.5
  • Crossbow bug/exploit fixed! Now you first have to load your crossbow after drawing it.
  • Ranged weaponry rebalance: Str/Agi requirements, speed, damage, weights, friction.
  • Arrows, bolts, saws can now be carried on the hips as well.
  • Weapon weight rebalance.
  • Chests now have 24 hour claim time after putting it down. Barrels and tree logs have no timers anymore.
  • Woodcutting time increased, uprooting time decreased.
  • Arbalest now requires 3 Steel Bars instead of 1 Metal Band.
  • Dull Arrows now cost Horn instead of Metal Band, for Dull Bolt consistency.
  • Server rules added to in-game welcome message.
  • Skills descriptions somewhat updated and clarified.
  • Monk's Outfit is now somewhat heavier to match the other outfits.

Very nice job! I am really impressed!

Keep up the good work!

Kafes

Post by Kafes » 15 Oct 2014, 12:42

Hello, i love and support this mod. Found out about it on reddit. However i am only just going to be starting on it. So i was wondering if there are any villages or groups that i could join. If you you can add me "Kafes" on steam or reply/pm here. I can be anything from herbalist to tailor. Right now i have no skills or tools. But i have been playing the game since release and know my way around. I'm from around EU btw.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 15 Oct 2014, 19:42

Kafes wrote:Hello, i love and support this mod. Found out about it on reddit. However i am only just going to be starting on it. So i was wondering if there are any villages or groups that i could join. If you you can add me "Kafes" on steam or reply/pm here. I can be anything from herbalist to tailor. Right now i have no skills or tools. But i have been playing the game since release and know my way around. I'm from around EU btw.

You can probably join us. I'm not online this evening - social obligations and all that - but I can probably catch you tomorrow. We have the castle North of the big mountain.
My Modding Guide

Rogerox
Alpha Tester

Post by Rogerox » 16 Oct 2014, 15:14

I am very happy with your MOD. Thank you very much for making this!

:D

The1ULost2

Post by The1ULost2 » 17 Oct 2014, 02:01

we built a wooden keep when i try to claim it the animation goes through but nothing happens..

Alucardy

Post by Alucardy » 17 Oct 2014, 06:05

The1uLost2 did you download the updates ? and installed them correctly ?
Whats your name in game ?

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 17 Oct 2014, 08:57

The1ULost2 wrote:we built a wooden keep when i try to claim it the animation goes through but nothing happens..

Thank you, this is a bug. I fixed the issue, it either works correctly right now or after the next server restart. Please let me know.
My Modding Guide

Rogerox
Alpha Tester

Post by Rogerox » 17 Oct 2014, 10:40

Hi there! I cannot login server. Invalid version as a window displays the text below:

Error code: (CR_INVALID_VERSION)

Noticed they have introduced a patch today, so probably you gonna need some time to update server and upload new mod, right?

Thanks and please, keep up with the great mod work!

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 17 Oct 2014, 14:51

That issue should be resolved since shortly after your post. Plenty of people on the server right now, everything seems to be fine now.
My Modding Guide

Return to Modded Servers