Leather guide for beginners:

Want to learn or teach others some of the finer details of Life is Feudal? This section is for the game guides, tutorials and FAQ's.

Saddamo

Leather guide for beginners:

Post by Saddamo » 28 Sep 2014, 00:17

1. kill moose, wolf
2. skin them with skinning knife
3. loot them with "open corpse"
4. put their hide on drying rack ( u will need one bone glue for that and some planks )
5. let it dry on drying frame
6. when dryed put it into tanning tub
7. it take about 60 minutes to be ready
8. pick it up from tanning tub

skinning knife:
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Skinning_knife

bone glue ( for drying rack )
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Bone_glue

tanning tub:
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Tanning_tub

Saddamo

Re: Leather guide for beginners:

Post by Saddamo » 29 Sep 2014, 21:23

so many views and not even ONE thank you...

Mortimer

Post by Mortimer » 29 Sep 2014, 21:34

Well you forgot to add that it's also 60 minutes on the drying rack, so all on all it's over 2 hours including the hunting time.

Also, by now people already know how to make leather.

If you'd explain to people how to make steel without a bloomery, that would be an interesting topic.

Hint: you can do it with only iron and flux, it takes a furnace to do it not a bloomery, also bloomery is bugged and doesn't give the product. It is useful for recycling old iron tools though.

Fear3213

Post by Fear3213 » 29 Sep 2014, 21:51

Sry to derail the topic. It is odd that the bloomery does not work for you. Our bloomery works and produces steel.

Back on topic a skinning knife is not required to skin an animal. Just a knife will work, even the primitive knife. Wolves and moose will yield thick leather. You need hares to get thin leather which seems to be the more used leather.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 14 Oct 2014, 21:30

my wolf corpse was empty, and i got no skin from it... :(

Light487

Post by Light487 » 19 Oct 2014, 23:53

As a newbie, I came into this thread to look for a bit more detail than what was given in the steps. Like... at what point does one begin to look for moose and wolves? Is there a specific weapon you need? Is there a weapon that is easier to kill them with than others?

And so on.. an actual guide, not just a list of what seems to be pretty obvious steps.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 20 Oct 2014, 00:38

i've tried to kill both the wolf and moos with a sling... nearly impossible took so long i think they were healing faster than i was doing damage.

i've found that the iron axe does pretty well against both.

you start looking and hunting when you get to the point that you need leather or meat for food.

i think if you're looking to do your hunting fishing skill, it may be quicker just to go fishing.

the wolf and moose both can be found on the south side of the lake near the center/westish area.

Return to Guides and Tutorials