We need an auto stack option for herbalism.

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Frontal
Alpha Tester

We need an auto stack option for herbalism.

Post by Frontal » 03 Oct 2014, 10:58

Seriously, it's insane. Please add an auto stack feature that you can activate (tick box) regardless of quality.

Herbalism is such a nice system but the inventory management part of it turns it form enjoyable to terrible headache.

We seriously need this now.

IzznO
True Believer

Re: We need an auto stack option for herbalism.

Post by IzznO » 03 Oct 2014, 12:19

A auto sort button like in korean mmo`s would be great for all items, not just herbing. Even tough organizing the herbs once you get them is really not a problem.

And for some its important to sort out quality items when you try to make the best items possible, so there is positive and negative with this. Would i like that items harvested would lock in place instead of beeing placed randomly everywhere? Shure i do, but its not gamebreaking atm ^^

Uno

Post by Uno » 03 Oct 2014, 12:31

I'd prefer a special herbalist pouch with these functions. And maybe this pouch could be slotted instead of the classic inventory. In UO there were only a few reagents and no difference in quality.

Spage0987

Post by Spage0987 » 03 Oct 2014, 12:41

It doesn't auto stack probably because the herbs are different quality

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 03 Oct 2014, 12:53

Ofc its because of the quality and it is game breaking for any herbalist that needs to gather 200 flux.
AQ

Uno

Post by Uno » 03 Oct 2014, 13:07

isn't it a bit too much to ask from a single herbalist? It doesn't take much to raise gathering, it's only 2 skills and then the gatherers can give the herbalist the herbs he needs.

Spage0987

Post by Spage0987 » 03 Oct 2014, 13:26

I completely agree..it is a pain but its needed i think

Spongeknob

Post by Spongeknob » 03 Oct 2014, 21:03

I have to disagree with you Frontal. As others have said, only materials that share the same quality will auto-stack. Combining those different quality items averages their values such that the quality your better pieces is dramatically reduced, if not negated entirely. This, in turn, means any products you create with those materials will also be of lower quality. I prefer to keep the existing stacking rules as they are.

However, for those who don't care about the quality of their gear, perhaps an Auto-Stack option could be made available in the UI configuration.

TheInfestation

Post by TheInfestation » 22 Oct 2014, 03:40

Seriously, I don't think anyone cares about the quality. Try herbalism for an hour, your inventory turns into a mesh of colors and overlapping items, its impossible to organize. This feature is seriously needed, I don't want as much an auto stacking option, but for the love of god, don't make me constantly resort because of an infinite number of quality herbs to stack. keeping track of 66 herbs is plenty fine enough to organize.

Uno

Post by Uno » 22 Oct 2014, 06:49

Right now quality doesn't matter since devs have disabled potions in order to enable them later (I'm sure with a big development effort...).

When potions will be usable quality is sure to matter. Also I seem to read in the skill page that to make naphta bombs you will need a certain quality.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas