Trading system and regional farming

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Arel37

Trading system and regional farming

Post by Arel37 » 02 Nov 2014, 18:35

Firstly hello everybody and Bobik
İ have 3 suggestions
1-about trading
2-about farming
3-ships
1-there should be 3 trade options: by a stall like thisImage that have an inventory for goods and If you want to buy that you have to keep equal amount of coins for lts price and click to good and click on buy button.
The second option is hand to hand trade. İts same as steam trade. Switch to peaceful mod click on a player and click on trade button. Like the steam trade:you offer something, your partner offer something, both select ready button and voila.(this option enables smuggling with more roleplay)
Third option is the market that have much larger capacity than stall. İt allows great trade guilds to dell their goods.
(Pls pls pls dont add something like auction mouse in wow. İ heard the trade post and it will destroy the roleplay. Villagers should produce goods in villages and sell them in city.)

2-the regional farming: in minecraft you can visit every biome and collect all of the seeds and plant them in 1 biome. İts something like planting rice on steppes or tundra. There should be soil types like chernozem and terra-rosa and all of the plants and seeds need specific soil type to grow. With this idea guilds will found colonies and fight for other resources.

3- there shuld be different types of ships like cog (medium speed, for both fighting and cargo transport) fishing boat and longboat (fastest sahip, for shock attacks on coastal villages)

Ba11istic

Re: Trading system and regional farming

Post by Ba11istic » 02 Nov 2014, 20:00

They're already intending on putting a trading system in use. Currently, a trading post can be build; it cannot, however, be used to its full potential. It will allow a user to put up an item for 'auction' and set a price that the user is willing to sell it for. This feature has, obviously, not been fully implemented yet.

Podj

Post by Podj » 02 Nov 2014, 23:59

Nice idea!

I remember something similar as a mod to minecraft.

There was this shop you could build and as owner you got a special option where to place what you sell for what you want.

So the steps in theory.
1 build the shop.
2 right click > claim
3 right click > get option to edit inventory
NOW
in this magical theoretical edit window you have 3 boxes. in the first one you place what you want to get so lets say flux. i place 1 flux in the first box, the second box i place lets say 2 ropes. and now in the big third box i place as many ropes as i want to sell lets say 10.

Now basicly i can sell my 10 ropes for 1 flux each ending up with 6 flux in the big third box. The 2 rope i placed in the second box should also be gone and i can reclaim the 1 flux i placed in the first box.

in the buyers view he would basically right click the shop and click an option like "trade" from the list and now have basically the same view with the 3 boxes showing 1 flux, 2 ropes (which he cant do anything with but just to know what is the trade) and then an third empty big box where he can now place 1 flux and press "trade" and baam the 1 flux turned into 2 ropes which he now can move into his inventory.

Solon64

Post by Solon64 » 03 Nov 2014, 02:18

To simplify that whole, rather complicated in my opinion, process, i do believe coinage will be a thing. Theyve said as much, with bronze, silver, and gold denominations. Clean that possibly messy and confusing interface up there for ya :p

Podj

Post by Podj » 03 Nov 2014, 04:21

i dont think it is so complicated. And just because i can i shall now show a photoshoped picture which tock me 30 minutes to put together to show how this would look as customer and manager

so this is after right clicking the shop building and selecting buy/manage. :crazy:

http://tinyurl.com/kajh9fw <--- picture

this would work the same for coins/money as you can just place as much money as you want to get for your rope. Altho i dont believe so much in money if people can actually forge their own coins. Maby if you could get lucky and find them around the map or get them by killing NPC's also trade with NPC's to get rid of the overflow of coins.

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 03 Nov 2014, 16:24

it should be like this(in stalls)
İtem Slot[(Goods type)(amount)] [(Good amount)=(Price)] [Buy buttun]

Silk Cloth,25 1=10S Buy
Rope,50 3=1S Buy
Carrot,70 10=5C(game will automaticly change it to 2=1) Buy

G=Gold Coin
S=Silver Coin
C=Copper Coin

100C=10S=1G

in stalls there is 3 item slots, in markets it will up to 20

Podj

Post by Podj » 03 Nov 2014, 16:29

i understand the idea, but if a black smith can make 300 gold coins just like that then the value of a coin would be very very low. i rather trade a object for an object unless there is a way to make sure the coin value stays the same.

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 03 Nov 2014, 16:44

a swap will cause problems
And gold would be very very rare
You saying If there is too much gold there will be a inflation
İ dont know how to prevent an inflation so you have to research about it :D

Solon64

Post by Solon64 » 04 Nov 2014, 00:00

Inflation happens when money enters the system. More gold means each gold is worth equivalently less. You fight inflation by removing gold from the system, i.e. give gold to NPCs for some shiny item, the gold goes "poof" and is gone forever.

I dont think smiths will be able to mint coins. Its likely some sort of npc vendor system will arise, "sell 1 carrot for 2 copper."

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 04 Nov 2014, 12:12

i searched a bit.
if you pull money to stock(bank) the price of the coin will increase. and if coins price is too high you have to make new coins to decrase price of the coin

Podj

Post by Podj » 04 Nov 2014, 13:07

Well i do belive the idea of a swap would be good tho. I mean you can always place coins there instead of a item. Now ofc the way im thinking of it would be a shop and not a live trade between two people.

The only good thing with coin/money itself is that you can buy what ever you want and sell what ever you want.

A trade of object would require me wanting what you have and viseversa. But i still think that option should be there.

When it comes to inflation one way of handling it would be treasure hunts. Instead of being able to print your own money you would basically be able to find them. So in theory the server would spawn with a given amount of coins (gold, copper and silver). That then players can trade between themselves. One way of doing this is though NPC by basically being able to sell like iron ingots/swords/tools to a NPC for coin and also be able to buy for them and the prices would be calculated by seeing how much coin is in circulation on the given server.

Or by having tressures laying around with some kind of obstacle (npc bandits, pack of wolves.. you name it) to get to them.

But how would it work if people stop playing? As long as the riches man is in game the money would go around but if he decides that he dont want to play anymore and logs out for good with the money on him then the coins would go up in value and as there is no way of telling if he will ever log back in with his money more money cant be added.

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 04 Nov 2014, 16:20

swap option should be in hand to hand trade(right click on player and press trade button). but if swap avaible in shops and stalls it will cause several problems.

Djashburnmn

Post by Djashburnmn » 04 Nov 2014, 17:50

There already are cogs in the game. If you look under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own\art\Models\3D\Construction\Misc".

It's a .dts file, which I can't open but I can speculate.

Looking at the folder, most of everything else in there is a finished product not a material and most building materials are in a completely different folder. So I doubt its the gear type of cog.

There is no mention of it in any other data file that I can find, so it's probably just a placeholder.

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 04 Nov 2014, 18:09

there can be banks for only guilds(hey I mentioned about faction building) that can players put their coins to there(all of the players,not only guild members).
it will also work as gold deposit for increase price of coins.(Guild miners go mine the ore, the guild mint minted it(another faction build :D) and instead of releasing on market, they can deposit the coins at there untill coin prices increase. İf coin prices go too high the bank will release on market and decrase the price.

I will rule all of the server economy :evil:

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 05 Nov 2014, 03:20

We really need to test out the trading post more. one of my servers has 3 built now. It really makes a difference to how trading on the server works. Some holes in the system but I think its workable.

When most of the playerbase first ran into the "flux wall" the forums and suggestions were full of ideas and demands for changes. After awhile youll notice there are not really any posts about it anymore. I think this is because people figured out how to "work" the system and the difficulty disappeared. much like learning how "flatten terrain" works makes terraforming a lot easier.

The Trading posts work servers just don't have the populations and enough posts built. When we see more older servers using the system I think a lot of trading suggestions will change.

having to travel to a post to make the trade is a bit meh. a Timer on trade that is longer the further another post is from yours would be better. Then again people having to leave their bases to trade is sorta cool aswell.

ps. Build Trading posts OUTSIDE walls!!!!

Podj

Post by Podj » 05 Nov 2014, 10:38

Arel37 wrote:swap option should be in hand to hand trade(right click on player and press trade button). but if swap avaible in shops and stalls it will cause several problems.

in what way is a swap a problem?.. if i want flux and nothing but flux and there is no one selling it then why cant i put up a shop swapping my shit for flux or swapping my coins for flux? Why wouldn't it be able to be a option?

You are basically saying that swapping currency for goods works but not goods for goods which without the icon and name is the same piece of code.

Jaxomadar

Post by Jaxomadar » 05 Nov 2014, 20:07

Until more is released by the devs on how the Trade Post and economy will work not much we can do.

I like the idea of mining copper, silver, and gold as it is now for use in this system. Means those mines are contested resources and people will need to guard them. Those that don't have it will have to barter or sell wares to those with the precious metals. This is how the economy of the world use to be anyway. Then we all left the gold standards and now its a paper money system.

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 05 Nov 2014, 20:12

Yep that mines are very precious and when a gold or silver mine discovered gulids will charge to there and start colonies there
and why you want swapping too much ?

Before the coins mint you have to swap items in hand to hand trade

Podj

Post by Podj » 06 Nov 2014, 00:27

Because we want same thing but you want to limit the trades to coins even if the coins are placed in the inventory just as anything else.
Dont limit people in a sandbox game.
Also you havent given me a good reasonen why there would be problems in swapping.

I might want to have a offline trade with people in different timezones and it its going to be your way we would have to set up 2 shops to do this.

I might want to trade unused steelsickles for used ones.
Or trade steel bars for 6 flux each or what ever.

Its not like the tradepost are some advanced soda machine where you place coins in a hole and pickup the product in a dropp apartment...

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 06 Nov 2014, 15:24

You have 1 sword and i have 1 armor. You want a armor but i dont want a sword.

Thats the freaking problem man !!!!!

Podj

Post by Podj » 06 Nov 2014, 21:42

Arel37 wrote:You have 1 sword and i have 1 armor. You want a armor but i dont want a sword.

Thats the freaking problem man !!!!!

Hey im not forcing you to buy my sword. If you want to sell your armor set up your own trading table and set so get money instead and i might buy it there. Whats the prob? Or just send me a online/offline message and il just change the deal.

but you have 1 armor and you want 10 coins for that. But i dont want to pay 10 coins for your armor. THATS A FREAKING PROBLEM ASWELL IN THAT CASE!!!!?!?!

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 06 Nov 2014, 21:53

Fairly sure the coins are going to be a building material for the monuments guys. files list them as an ingredient. Also most likely used as the "maintenance cost" on buildings and for upgrading your monument for more land control.

I think we will need an in game currency separate from that, But I still like the idea of a game trying to keep it just to a barter system. With the central city trading post/npcs offering a WIDE selection of trades so you if you didn't have what a player trading post wanted it means you have to trek to central city to tarde for what they want first or just trade for the item you want directly.

Podj

Post by Podj » 06 Nov 2014, 22:00

i just hope the trading post isnt some whole server thing like runescape tradeing place worked. I also hope that you can make a 1 square table for trading so you could set up a market area with serveral tables instead of having to set up 6 trading posts or something stupid like that.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 06 Nov 2014, 22:29

yeha maybe look at your stall idea as a scaled down version of the trading post available conmatprep instead of architecture like the trading post is. same functionality lower capacity.

question you should ask yourself is if it will be able to be raided like the post is. I mean if your building this for a village, im assuming you have a few mates with you. So your going to want a monument for land claim. If your building monuments then you should be able to build a post (monuments 90 masonry, trading post 0 architect)

If your stall doesn't fall under the protection of the monument claim/standing system then it can just be raided by anyone which would sort of break it. If you are suggesting that it wouldn't be able to be raided then that would break the trading post as everyone would just use stalls to avoid wartime losses of tradepost goods.

I think bands and orders should be able to declare a "trade" standing with all the other guild types. Then your stall could have a place. But it depends on how claim/sharing changes for trading posts. If you have to have ally standing to access a post then another building which doesn't require that will definitely be required.

If you don't need ally standing to access a post, then as a trader you just end up visiting all the posts in your area depositing your trade goods and have to return to check if they have been sold at a later time.

I like the idea of "trade" standing for orders and bands though so your could head over to another order and plead for a trade standing. Then if they accept you can set up your little stall for them to peruse !!

I think there will be a lot more bands and orders than countries and kingdoms so trade with them will need more looking into.

Podj

Post by Podj » 07 Nov 2014, 00:59

how about a low time claim like lets say 10 hours that would work like the house? as long as it is claimed the customers wont be able to raid it and shop keepers would have to be running to the trade stand more often to make sure it wont "unlock" itself?

Solon64

Post by Solon64 » 07 Nov 2014, 03:29

I dont know how i feel about afk trading in general, to be honest. In many ways its sort of necessary, but im afraid itll eventually end up like tales of pirates online or UO where everyone sets up some npc vendor with 5 billion units of dung and/or other stuff. It can be fun to browse all the 300 vendors standing around, but it removes the human interaction. How about rather than a claim system, trading posts always belong to an owner for good but any items up for sale require a maintenance fee? Most people would then trade by hand but someone who wants to hit up customers in a different time zone could do so at a lower profit margin?

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 07 Nov 2014, 17:08

yep ur right. Each trade stall and market claimed by one player. Owner put his items to it and log off, another player comes to stall and buy something and log off thats all.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 07 Nov 2014, 20:58

Arel37 wrote:yep ur right. Each trade stall and market claimed by one player. Owner put his items to it and log off, another player comes to stall and buy something and log off thats all.

Yeah but how does anyone else access it once claimed....

and where do you build it? You can't build it in another countries or kingdoms land as you get alignment loss for even walking on it. So if you are building it on your land you are just going to build a trade post anyway so theres no point.

only point of something less than a trade post is for trade from bands/orders to countries/kingdoms. I guess building it on the outside of their town claim would sort of fit into lore, like gypsies did in medieval times. Then decay would take care of removing it and it would need maintenance.

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 07 Nov 2014, 21:12

idk really if there is trepassing. But only owner needs to claim it other ones can look inside and buy something.

Arel37

Post by Arel37 » 10 Nov 2014, 19:07

what about this

Guilds can make agrements such as alliance and open border
With open border agrement guild members will not lose allegment when entering other guilds land

Return to Suggestions and Ideas