Post by Maegfaer » 07 Dec 2014, 10:11

No to all of them... :(
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

XFallenHeart

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 12.12

Post by XFallenHeart » 09 Dec 2014, 17:50

Thank you for all your contribution to the community of active and budding modders/scriptors and admins. I did have a question what are your terms of use on your LiB mod? Is it ok to grab this and modify for ones own server?

-XFallenHeart

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 10 Dec 2014, 11:14

XFallenHeart wrote:Thank you for all your contribution to the community of active and budding modders/scriptors and admins. I did have a question what are your terms of use on your LiB mod? Is it ok to grab this and modify for ones own server?

-XFallenHeart

The server files have not been uploaded.

Modding tools are in the works, when they are out I'll release the mod's server files.
My Modding Guide

Kass

Post by Kass » 16 Dec 2014, 17:37

new patch today maegfar we need a update.

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 16 Dec 2014, 22:12

I did not find this "stuff turns into other stuff when you lift it up" (log turns into a bench, etc) thing on the bug report forum (correct me if I'm wrong), so it is possible that is a mod issue, could you please look into it? Thanks.

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 16 Dec 2014, 22:46

Ponge wrote:I did not find this "stuff turns into other stuff when you lift it up" (log turns into a bench, etc) thing on the bug report forum (correct me if I'm wrong), so it is possible that is a mod issue, could you please look into it? Thanks.

With the new fortification modules and containers, a wild guess would be it's probably due to the custom item ids being updated in the core file vs the mod's item list.
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 17 Dec 2014, 07:40

Haladmer wrote:
Ponge wrote:I did not find this "stuff turns into other stuff when you lift it up" (log turns into a bench, etc) thing on the bug report forum (correct me if I'm wrong), so it is possible that is a mod issue, could you please look into it? Thanks.

With the new fortification modules and containers, a wild guess would be it's probably due to the custom item ids being updated in the core file vs the mod's item list.

I don't know, but this problem has been present since the patch that put the new kind of animals in, so your explanation is highly probable.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 17 Dec 2014, 14:33

I'm aware of the patch, problem is that the more overlapping changes of the official patches and my mod exist, the longer it takes me every time to re-merge them all. Right now I'm looking at well over an hour (perhaps two) of reviewing changes, merging and testing them at the test server. To be honest I can't afford that right now due to other responsibilities.

Another problem is me not having time lately to extensively play the game myself. As the devs rebalance and extend the game, their updates unbalance my previous balancing changes, and I don't have the time right now to review the new balance of combat and crafting after updates.

Concerning this server specifically, there have been complaints about too little GM activity, which I completely understand. A problem here is that I don't really know anyone on the server well enough who is both active enough and who I trust with GM status. I don't want the server be ruined by cheating either.

Another issue is that with the new fortification modules, I imagine that most people at some point want to redo their cities.

We should discuss what to do with this mod and this server. I understand many of you have hundreds of hours of work in this server, so I won't just shut it down permanently without consulting with you first.

In my view it's becoming pretty clear that I can't maintain this mod and corresponding server(s) on my own anymore.

Now, I'm lately working on something that will make modding drastically easier and faster. If it were up to me, I'd release it's first version first (which is almost done), and then gather a group of modders to do a reboot of 'Life is Balanced'. All the code and files would be published in a source control repository (like Mercurial, Git or SVN). Other modders would be given 'commit' rights as well, and together we'd review the balance and keep expanding the mod, with at least one public beta/test server. Anyone could run their own 'Life is Balanced' server, and the group of modders would release proper server update files after patches as well.
My Modding Guide

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 17 Dec 2014, 15:02

I understand your status, RL always should come before games.

Me (and perhaps most of us) do not want to see the server gone or wiped due to the work implemented as you mentioned. I hope there is a solution good for all of us.

Personally I think it would be best to update the server now, as I doubt the developers will make an other update till new year (holidays and all), so people can play around with the new containers, and work on that tool you mentioned then. As I said, this is my sole opinion.

However, if the new patch will be implemented into your server much later (I could not really determine that from your post), could you at least start up the server with the old version? Some of us have backups from the old client, so we could play and make progress with our base until you update the server and the mod.

XFallenHeart

Post by XFallenHeart » 09 Jan 2015, 16:58

I am astounded you were able to keep up with the release schedule and stay functional at such an early stage of development. I think everyone on your server will have to understand that server/mod wipes will happen at this early stage. Please update if you do develop a team to further the modding community as you have done so far.

-XFallenHeart
Escape Artist Gaming

Traeck

Post by Traeck » 17 Jan 2015, 11:18

Hey how do you change the timer for unrooting the stumps?

Id didnt find anything like that in my Database...

Greetings

Schattenfalke

Post by Schattenfalke » 31 Jan 2015, 22:29

Server anymore existing?
Can't find it and no log in possible due to the command window.

Who can help?

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 01 Feb 2015, 09:22

Sertver has been down since mid December 2014. The mod author has little time to attend to the updating of the mod with new vanilla updates coming out, and a lot of issues happened due to this. The mod and the server itself was not updated since december.

Schattenfalke

Post by Schattenfalke » 03 Feb 2015, 19:24

That is poor. I am very interesting how he did these modifkations.

Maybe he call back and I can help him as a modder or something else.

Remystemple

Post by Remystemple » 20 Feb 2015, 13:11

could you please upload the server side files? I'd love to use this in my server. mostly interested in the combat balances. the weapons are way op.

thank you.

Yaz

Post by Yaz » 01 Mar 2015, 04:10

any chance of someone getting a hold of these files and updating it? as well as making them public to use on other hosted servers? I would greatly appreciate the ability to use this mod on my server !!

Since i am not a modder I cannot do it myself :( at least not till i go to college for programming :P

Leaf

Post by Leaf » 25 Dec 2015, 15:17

Anyone have luck with this? Or is it now officially dead.

Dalmatan

Post by Dalmatan » 03 Sep 2016, 18:02

Leaf wrote:Anyone have luck with this? Or is it now officially dead.

quote!!!

Return to Modded Servers