Something better than the tab button

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

JoeKauther

Something better than the tab button

Post by JoeKauther » 26 Sep 2014, 16:22

i never minded how you had to click the tab button to get a cursor, but recently i got attacked by a wolf and the tab system made it extremely hard to fight it and survive. i dont know what to replace it with but maybe try brushing it up

Scroll_Tro0L

Re: Something better than the tab button

Post by Scroll_Tro0L » 26 Sep 2014, 16:28

Most games with added functions that require cursors have you hold a button to use the cursor and will lock the cursor if you pull up any window (inventory, skills, character, etc.)

I also agree that the tab-toggle feels wonky.
ImageImage

Dods

Post by Dods » 26 Sep 2014, 17:37

I wouldn't mind the tab system of my inventory wouldn't reset to some position on the screen. Or if I could press I to open my inventory (go into cursor mode) do what I needed to do and press I again (to go into look mode).

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » 18 Oct 2014, 16:58

Dods wrote: Or if I could press I to open my inventory (go into cursor mode) do what I needed to do and press I again (to go into look mode).

I found a work around for this by opening inventory then any other window(skills/character) and just closing that window. This will bind inventory to tab, so when you go to cursor mode your bag opens as well.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 18 Oct 2014, 19:29

Really, free look mode should be the default... in every game play video I see when somebody is being attacked or does attack somebody he will get a message video (which they mostly just click away without clicking the remember box) after which they will be in the mouse mode.

Now precious seconds are wasted in which they couldn't move or strike.
It's just dumb...

Everything they need to know is in the system chat box. In an addition there could be a box opening at the corner of the screen not interrupting the game flow.

Tantail

Post by Tantail » 18 Dec 2014, 23:16

I'm also not a fan of the tab key, it seems to keep resetting itself every time I do anything which means I have to keep putting it back on to walk around properly. I'd prefer if it was always on by default unless you had a window open or something maybe.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 19 Dec 2014, 01:41

The game to do away with some of the pop up windows, namely the ones dealing with combat as they break the flow of a fight the first time you are hit or hit something. The ones from acquiring a special result from mining are annoying as well, and they serve no real purpose appearing on the screen instead of the chat box.

Almost all of the pop ups should be displayed only in the system chat box, by default. Only pop ups such as confirm exit from the game should appear on the screen as a pop up.

The chat UI could use an overhaul as well as most of the UI. Having the UI stay in place on screen where it is placed would be a great option. Tired of opening a crate, to have my inventory appear behind the crate's inventory. Also happens when opening a crafting building such as a furnace or forge. Even after moving my inventory to another location on screen does not always keep it in that location.

The map should not cover my inventory at times either. The map will need some rework as well at a later time. As well as a coordinate system, even if it is removed at a later time so that players can properly report the position of a problem or to allow a GM to locate them easier if they are in need of help.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 20 Dec 2014, 08:18

What Siegbert said..

+1

Ruphies

Post by Ruphies » 21 Dec 2014, 18:06

Please make an option to exit mouse mode on movement and another option to key bind "exit mouse mode" instead of a toggle. With those options people can configure as they see fit.

Wardenoffaith

Post by Wardenoffaith » 01 Feb 2015, 05:57

I'd have to agree, I just started playing and I feel it should default to free look after performing actions instead of the cursor mode. You end up having to hit tab 20 million times when you're just trying to mine/prospect/gather and don't need to constantly address context windows..

Nuubialainen

Post by Nuubialainen » 01 Feb 2015, 12:47

Siegbert and Orsus got it right, pop ups should be off by default, especially combat related.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas