The Duchy of Wessex and the House of Wessex

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

The Duchy of Wessex and the House of Wessex

Post by Azzerhoden » 19 Jan 2015, 06:42

Fellow Feudalists,

I was recently asked in a private message whether the Duchy of Wessex was part of the Kingdom of England, so I thought it would be best if I would post a clear statement that we are separate entities and that there is no current affiliation between our guilds.

The Duchy of Wessex guild is led by His Majesty, King Manus Dei, and has been around since 1999. We have had a long, colorful history (and I do mean colorful). Spend some times on our forums and you will see what I mean. We have a feudal structure that attempts to mimic that of feudal society except that we want our members to have fun (as life in the feudal area was rather horrible). For most members, having fun means having an organized structured path for growth while building toward a common goal that includes meaningful PvP. We have a lot of information available that describes in more detail who we are, so please visit our recruitment thread and forums for more details.

The Kingdom of England is a new guild (I believe), formed for the release of LIF:YO. As part of their structure they are establishing the various real life houses that formed the initial founding of the Kingdom of England. These houses include the more commonly known Houses of York, and Lancaster. There is/was a House of Wessex as well (and many others). I am afraid that I don’t know much else about The Kingdom of England, so I’ll have to rely on others to provide more details.

As I stated previously, there is no current affiliation between us. That does not mean that there could/would never be at some point down the road, and if any formal treaty or alliance were to be made, it would be publicly posted, probably in these forums.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Greatjon

Re: The Duchy of Wessex and the House of Wessex

Post by Greatjon » 17 Feb 2015, 04:23

this should also help clear it up, Kingdom of England has now changed to Kingdom of Westeros, also sorry for any troubles this Duchy had on our account. have a good day.

Commander Harold Godwinson

Order of the Knights Templar

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics