!WE WANT IT LIST!

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Bhalin17

!WE WANT IT LIST!

Post by Bhalin17 » 22 Jan 2015, 16:15

This is going to be a summary of all the best ideas i came across that people want to have ingame!
(sorry for my misspelling :D )

Charaktercreation
- adjusting the charakter (size/weight/hair/BEARDS!!!ect.)
- different races with different boni
- tons of faces/hairs/and cosmetic stuff & WARPAINT!!!
- beeing able to write a BIO
- sex (male/female)
- Religion (christian/islam/pagan) with different boni

Buildings
- bell-tower (ringing alarms!)
- showing quality of buildings
- using furniture (bed / chair / ect.) giving you boni in resting & decoration increasing that.
- using the rooms individually... each room for itself so that more people can life in one building.
- diffirent furnitre (thrones/chairs/lightforces/ect.)
- different HOUSEMODELS (northmen /arabic / english) :beer:
- making cellars
- decoration (libraries/fireplace/fur on the ground)
- traps & moal
- drawbridge
- jousting (arena/fighting pit)
- Inventory Log
- Treasury
- doors/windows/curtains inside a house (individual claiming)
- roadmarkings
- jail
- landmarks
- huge tavern + kitchen + rooms
- SHIPS!!!! :Yahoo!:

Food
- wine/beer & other alcoholic drinks
- tons of recipes and different meals (are allready a lot!)

The World
- rivers flowing
- more wildlife (squirrels/rats/chickens/widder/pigs/horses ect.)
- smoother edges as they meet the outside world (tunnels)
- different weather (windy/stormy/snowing)

Features
- guild system (light version is comming)
- sending messages throw birds (need to have a landingplace in your room)
- needs and diseases (drink/eat/sexytime :evil: /sleep/flew/black death/scorbut ect.)
- weathereffects (freezing to death / harder farming )
- tavernbrawling (usable chairs and things to hit others)
- better hunting (winddirection / sneaking / beeing able to use the whole corpse/ect.)
- better fishing (using baits/minigame for fishing like Zelda:Ocarina of Time)
- beeing able to use pouches and bags on your body increasing capacity
- raiding features.. (burning a house / plundering / stealing / ect.)
- able to trade from player to player
- unarmed combat
- no window cursour... maybe a glove ?
- Wounds can get infected
- playing instruments (lute/flute/harf ect. LIKE in Lord of the Rings ONLINE) !!!!!
- burping/pissing/shitting
- TONS OF EMOTES!! Take an example on Age of Conan and all the others MMOS
- use warpaints for upcomming fights
- make crossair smaller or disable
- put visor of helmets up and down.
- put hood up and down from a Cape aka DAOC(game)
- dug pits decay
- better GM tools (adjusting times/NPCs/skill tree/ect.)
- making notes and nail it on walls or doors
- disable/enable global chat (immersion)
- getting back material when destroying a building
- have the quiver on the belt slot
- advanced terraforming (able to flat on Montains/ect.)
- pull out arrows from corpses :Bravo:
- more immersive dmg (post48270/#p48270)

Legend
green = is comming

Some comfirmed stuff that is comming over the year: https://lifeisfeudal.com/billing/roadmap.php

Note: August 2015=>Voted features implementation
So lets make sure to have a loot of good ideas here and maybe we see a few things in that upcomming voting list!

If you have any ideas please post it we will look it through and mention it in the list IF the suggestion is good!
What is your favourite from the list and what do you want to have on it!?

Yours,
Olafson aka bhalin
Last edited by Bhalin17 on 18 Feb 2015, 22:19, edited 7 times in total.
"I will gut your balls!"

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Re: !WE WANT IT LIST!

Post by LordWiese » 22 Jan 2015, 16:30

.......Little demanding

BB_Underhill

Post by BB_Underhill » 23 Jan 2015, 03:30

I agree with Bhalin17 on most of that list, so I'll only re-iterate 2:
- Doors inside a house can be claimed/locked.
- Cellars!

Adding to the list:
- Don't forget Mead in the Wine, beer and unarmed combat road marking!
- Claims/Locks are account based, not character based. Having to Un claim something immediately before changing characters is annoying.
- Smoother tunnel edges as they meet the outside world.
- Notes (as in currency, specific to a trading post or all trading posts within a city) using paper and/or clay. Set an exchange rate at the guild Treasury. (Oh... maybe a Treasury building too).
- Easy GM adjustable authority/claim rates ( from an hour up to a month - posted on server details )
- Easy GM terrain building (i.e. a tool to easily generate a landscape other that the island everyone knows so well)
- Easy GM re-arrangement of skill trees... for those of us that want more or less realism for the server. Turn on/off skills and/or abilities embedded with the skills. (Honestly, learning a weapon is not dependent on the armor you wear; No built in classes!).
- Disable/Enable Global chat, again for realism reasons.
- Could you make a program that helps GMs add NPCs/Creatures with their own model, behaviors and sound? Maybe furniture too... (I'd be willing to buy an expansion costing $$$ for this one)

Cedrian

Post by Cedrian » 23 Jan 2015, 04:37

Very good posts. The lists I fully support and hope that the developers will take a lot of it. The developers should never stop striving in their game. If you destroy a building, you should get back materials. That is important i think. :Bravo:

PS: Hope you find more interesting ideas :)

Cedrian

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 23 Jan 2015, 06:46

Thats some good ideas right there!
Lets forget this claiming thing and bring in Lock with craftable KEYS :D
*Updating the list*
"I will gut your balls!"

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 23 Jan 2015, 17:57

I am going to disagree with everything in your list that is not applicable to the MMO, because I want the MMO and the features that would translate in to the MMO as the top priority.

LIF:YO is a great concept and a success in terms of funding the MMO, but the MMO should always be the top dog in priority.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Allquixotic

Post by Allquixotic » 23 Jan 2015, 20:22

Azzerhoden wrote:I am going to disagree with everything in your list that is not applicable to the MMO, because I want the MMO and the features that would translate in to the MMO as the top priority.

LIF:YO is a great concept and a success in terms of funding the MMO, but the MMO should always be the top dog in priority.

This is a matter of personal opinion and perspective. First of all, there are a lot of people who want to play LiF:YO in a "sandbox" concept for many reasons:

1. People want to be able to use their own mods. No matter how awesome the MMO is, there are going to be things it simply omits for whatever reasons the devs choose. One set of game code cannot be satisfactory for everyone. Already some people say they hate hate hate the capitol city idea, among others. Just look at how successful Minecraft is. People want the ability to craft a personal experience.

2. The game is pricey. At $40, it's almost as much money as an AAA game, yet what we currently have is very very limited and buggy. Considering the sheer number of people who have ponied up $40 USD for this game, it would be very unscrupulous business practice for these guys to simply stop maintaining/developing LiF:YO just because they see dollar signs from MMO subscription fees / character entrance fees. People deserve to get what they paid for. LiF:YO should be actively developed for at least 2 years and heavily focused on, IMO. If they don't have enough people to make a great MMO and a great sandbox game at the same time, that's maybe an indication that they should spend their newfound fortunes on more employees, hm?

3. While there are a ton of features that would be mutually beneficial for both LiF:YO and the MMO (and can share the same code, so developing the feature once will help both projects), there are also more immediate needs that must be tended to in order to keep the LiF (that is, both YO and MMO) community alive. Currently, without things like improving server stability, fixing memory leaks, optimizing the client load times and fixing the worst quality of life offenders (inventory sorting, deleting buildings, flux...), people are simply going to abandon the project entirely and say "Life is Feudal? That thing is a piece of crap!" and never even try the MMO because they're so jaded about the devs' not paying attention to their customers' needs and wants. The MMO is still a very, very long way off, and people are not going to tolerate the awful game we currently have for two years or longer, even if the MMO turns out to be very good. They'll simply move on and forget that LiF existed at all.

Remember, the devs have committed to making A GAME out of LiF:YO. The product WAS NOT sold as a "donation for funding the MMO" that would be summarily abandoned when the MMO enters public beta. If that's how they're going to treat it, then they should be prepared for an epic fistful of negative publicity and widespread panning of the ethics of their company.

For these reasons, I hope that Bitbox does the polar opposite of what you suggest. While yes, there will be people within their organization working on "MMO-only" code that will never hit LiF:YO, and there will always be people working on "YO and MMO both" code that helps both products, they still need to have people spending time on "YO-only" code, because their reputation is absolutely on the line here.

To demand less of them is to say to them, "Yes, please feel free to abuse your customers; we actively like it when you do that to us!". As customers we have a responsibility to one another to hold these companies to a higher standard and live up to their commitments.

Also, I'm super curious to know how they intend to make this game scalable to tens or hundreds of thousands of people in an area that must be hundreds of square kilometers in area, if they can't even code up a server backend that can stay stable for 24 hours with 1-2 months of player activity accrued on a 9 km^2 island. You'd think they could use LiF:YO as a testing ground for introducing optimizations and scalability tricks that would benefit LiF:YO hosters while also laying the groundwork for the MMO. So in many ways, there aren't too many things that are an "either-or" situation, where it's *either* an MMO feature *or* a YO feature. They can definitely choose to do their work in a way that benefits YO in the short term while preparing for the MMO.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 23 Jan 2015, 21:38

Responding inline, but trimming most of the comments.
Allquixotic wrote:This is a matter of personal opinion and perspective. First of all, there are a lot of people who want to play LiF:YO in a "sandbox" concept for many reasons:

1. People want to be able to use their own mods.
Already possible.

Allquixotic wrote:2. The game is pricey. At $40, it's almost as much money as an AAA game, yet what we currently have is very very limited and buggy.
Did you ignore the warning that this is an Alpha for the MMO? Further, I didn't say anything about not continuing work on YO down the road, just that features found in both should have a priority. As stated elsewhere, YO is a stand-alone product, and will continue to be supported even after the MMO is launched.

Allquixotic wrote:3. While there are a ton of features that would be mutually beneficial for both LiF:YO and the MMO (and can share the same code, so developing the feature once will help both projects), there are also more immediate needs that must be tended to ...
You did see the road map right? Everything you listed there is in the road map. Further, it is a road map for YO, not for the MMO. However, what is not listed in the road map is a lot of the features listed as must haves by the OP.

Allquixotic wrote:Remember, the devs have committed to making A GAME out of LiF:YO. The product WAS NOT sold as a "donation for funding the MMO" that would be summarily abandoned when the MMO enters public beta. If that's how they're going to treat it, then they should be prepared for an epic fistful of negative publicity and widespread panning of the ethics of their company.
So, wow. How long have you been following this game? Because LIF:YO exists as a way to fund the MMO. Yes it is a stand alone game. Yes it will exist after the MMO. But there is a reason why everyone who purchased YO gets a free character xfer off newbie island (which is what we are playing on) to the lands of the MMO.

Allquixotic wrote:For these reasons, I hope that Bitbox does the polar opposite of what you suggest. While yes, there will be people within their organization working on "MMO-only" code that will never hit LiF:YO, and there will always be people working on "YO and MMO both" code that helps both products, they still need to have people spending time on "YO-only" code, because their reputation is absolutely on the line here.
Pointing back to the road map. All those things are related to fleshing out YO and making it a better product. What the OP wants though, is much more than that. You talk about reputation, but you forget that people bought this to help fund the MMO. Not to mention those who contributed before YO came out. What about that commitment?

Allquixotic wrote:To demand less of them is to say to them, "Yes, please feel free to abuse your customers; we actively like it when you do that to us!". As customers we have a responsibility to one another to hold these companies to a higher standard and live up to their commitments.
This is just absurd.

Allquixotic wrote:Also, I'm super curious to know how they intend to make this game scalable to tens or hundreds of thousands of people in an area that must be hundreds of square kilometers in area, if they can't even code up a server backend that can stay stable for 24 hours with 1-2 months of player activity accrued on a 9 km^2 island. You'd think they could use LiF:YO as a testing ground for introducing optimizations and scalability tricks that would benefit LiF:YO hosters while also laying the groundwork for the MMO. So in many ways, there aren't too many things that are an "either-or" situation, where it's *either* an MMO feature *or* a YO feature. They can definitely choose to do their work in a way that benefits YO in the short term while preparing for the MMO.

Again, do you follow anything related to this game? Bobik has already stated that the code for swapping in more servers already exists. There are several great videos on YouTube where Bobik shares information like this. Obviously this needs to be load tested with more players but that only pushes work on the MMO, which is what many players want.

Regardless, stop acting like a potential victim of corporate abuse. All of the issues being experienced in YO need to be fixed. NEW FEATURES need to prioritized, with those that are applicable to the MMO given priority. A lot of the GM tools are already being added by players (see the mod section of the forums). That is where a lot of the features in the OP can be added as well.

The OP put a lot of effort into their post, and wanted feedback, which I gave. I want priority given to those features that are applicable to the MMO. Which, frankly, a lot of them are.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 23 Jan 2015, 22:55

Azzerhoden wrote:I am going to disagree with everything in your list that is not applicable to the MMO, because I want the MMO and the features that would translate in to the MMO as the top priority.

Well what of the points is not ok for an MMO ?
Never played an MMO in a Sandbox style ? just think of ULTIMA Online.

Your point makes no sense....
"I will gut your balls!"

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 27 Jan 2015, 01:09

*Added a few ideas from Suggestion Threads*
"I will gut your balls!"

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 29 Jan 2015, 18:51

*added the BELL-Tower idea from the suggestion thread*
"I will gut your balls!"

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 29 Jan 2015, 19:16

Bhalin17 wrote:

Well what of the points is not ok for an MMO ?
Never played an MMO in a Sandbox style ? just think of ULTIMA Online.

Your point makes no sense....

Note the last comment in my previous post.

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 29 Jan 2015, 20:34

*nods* Seen and noted. Thanks for the information! :beer:
"I will gut your balls!"

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 03 Feb 2015, 12:32

*addet*
- haveing quivers on the belt slot. (having it on the back is a stupid hollywood invention...try once to run with a quiver on back and shoot at the same time...wont work)

Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk
"I will gut your balls!"

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 03 Feb 2015, 17:03

Bhalin17 wrote:*addet*
- haveing quivers on the belt slot. (having it on the back is a stupid hollywood invention...try once to run with a quiver on back and shoot at the same time...wont work)

Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Modern field quivers do not carry more than 7 or 8 arrows. Bucket quivers of the time used for archers in an army could carry 20 or 30, but you didn't run with them. I would think for a secured carry (so as not to make noise or fall out) you wouldn't be able to carry more than 5 arrows or 8 bolts.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 03 Feb 2015, 21:03

I think it should be based on the type of quiver. Right now bows are very superior to crossbows. So much so there is no point in not using a bow. I know that bows still need to be tweaked, but even afterwords, I think something needs to be done to give a reason to use crossbows.

One of my thoughts was to allow bolts to be belted on to the hip. The shafts for a crossbow are much shorter than those for a bow. From a balance standpoint, crossbows would allow a player to equip a shield or 2 handed weapon, where as a bow wielder could not.

I think that would force either style to make some hard choices.

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 03 Feb 2015, 23:24

Azzerhoden wrote:I think it should be based on the type of quiver. Right now bows are very superior to crossbows. So much so there is no point in not using a bow. I know that bows still need to be tweaked, but even afterwords, I think something needs to be done to give a reason to use crossbows.

One of my thoughts was to allow bolts to be belted on to the hip. The shafts for a crossbow are much shorter than those for a bow. From a balance standpoint, crossbows would allow a player to equip a shield or 2 handed weapon, where as a bow wielder could not.

Would be a great idea for balancing and choice for the weapons you want to carry. :friends:
"I will gut your balls!"

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 04 Feb 2015, 00:48

armor and weapon types should be balanced and

No skill progression:
at the moment you need 60 in one skill to progress past 30 in the next, this is taking skills away from people who want to progress one skill, but not those behind it, so why do i need to learn a whole skill, which i might never use again (or 2, or 3, or even 4...), just to unlock another skill that i want. Also, skill progression is just unrealistic, in real life i am fairly skilled in tailoring, especially leather, but i can not farm for the life of me. Yes this will result in people going for crafting builds and less gathering builds, but trust me in the fact it will even itself out fairly quickly due to supply and demand economics.

Fourth Skill Page/piety:
At the moment you need to level piety to maintain a positive alignment. I think, that Hunting, jewerly, piety, art, and tutoring should all be on their OWN skill page. At the least, piety needs to be on the third skill page, as it takes away vaulubler points from other skills, that can be used elsewere. if you decide against both, then the skillcap should be 700, to accomadate piety, and some skills in another one of these...

Levels for weapons/armor:
Any fool can swing a sword, or put on armor, but it takes skill to use it efficiantly. This is why i propose any person be able to use any weapon, and wear any armor, at any level. However, your skill level will increase its proficiency, after all you may not know much about fighting with a sword, but if something happens, its better than your fists.

as well as there should be no hard hp, but it should be based on wear you are hit, for example a headshot/wack should be instakill with a sword ect, but a leg hit not so much. There also should be a vital spot in the chest of animals to act as the heart, which would also be an insta kill (unmarked though). as what fun is shooting someone in the knee to kill them, when you can get headshots....

also, 1 peice of meat should be enough to cook with, why do i need 6 chickens for one fried chicken, when irl a chicken could feed me for a day... maybe even add food types, like chicken wing, chicken breast, leg ect...

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 07 Feb 2015, 04:55

1.Skillsystem.
Well i dont realy agree since they have to keep up a little bit of balancing and force the players to interact with others and you dont have a one man i can do everything type BUT
i agree that the skilltree has to be reworked since in my opinion there are parts hanging together that makes not really sense.

2.Weapon & Armour
I totally agree you should be able to wear all novice gears and starter weapons but be a greenhorn by using them and dont make sufficient dmg or so.

There are some good ideas flowing in leets keep this up! Hopefully we help to plan one of the best games on the market ! :beer:
"I will gut your balls!"

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 07 Feb 2015, 05:39

Azzerhoden wrote:I think it should be based on the type of quiver. Right now bows are very superior to crossbows. So much so there is no point in not using a bow. I know that bows still need to be tweaked, but even afterwords, I think something needs to be done to give a reason to use crossbows.

The Pavise was a shield often utilized by both light Archers and Crossbowmen, but primarily as a siege tool. They allowed a bit of cover while firing back towards archers on a protected wall.

Difficult to make the true functionality work in this game however. It would need of course to be an equipable item, however it would also need to be "placed" on the ground similar to furniture. Often made with a stand of sorts to hold it upright, the Pavise was placed in front of the crossbowman, allowing a bit of safety when reloading. Then firing from the sides or above the Pavise when ready.

As for Crossbow quivers, those were actually most often mounted on the crossbow itself. A popular detachable design consists of a main arm that is attached to the weapon, a plate on one end that secures four or more individual bolts at a point on their shafts and at the other end a cover that secures their heads. This kind of quiver is attached under the front of the crossbow, parallel to the string and is designed to be quickly detached and reattached. Other designs hold bolts underneath the crossbow parallel to the stock, sometimes on either side of the crossbow.

I feel that the real issue currently with crossbows, is the lack of special skills to go along with them at certain skill levels. One idea I've had about those skills would be:

Fortified:
Crossbowman is rooted in place, but while the skill is active receives 2x reloading speed. Primarily useful when defending walls or other fortified positions. Toggled on and off with a 10 second cooldown.

Septimus

Post by Septimus » 07 Feb 2015, 08:13

Willbonney wrote:I feel that the real issue currently with crossbows, is the lack of special skills to go along with them at certain skill levels. One idea I've had about those skills would be:

Fortified:
Crossbowman is rooted in place, but while the skill is active receives 2x reloading speed. Primarily useful when defending walls or other fortified positions. Toggled on and off with a 10 second cooldown.

I highly agree with this idea as well. It would be very helpful when defending a fortification as you have already stated. It would also make sense that the reloading speed would be faster because the individual would be heavily focused on reloading instead of worrying about being injured, especially since he's fortified.

I also like that it's not an overpowered skill as it simply increases the reloading speed while at the same time negating movement. I believe this balances it well.

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 09 Feb 2015, 12:49

In the Skilltree Combat preporation you can build stuff for increasing the fire rate.. its just not implemented yet :evil:
"I will gut your balls!"

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 18 Feb 2015, 22:20

+added land marks to the list.
"I will gut your balls!"

Mortdecai

Post by Mortdecai » 25 Feb 2015, 20:19

plz add
* Nooses and guillotines
*signs

Small amount but cool :)
"YE BEST BE KEEPIN IT TO YER SELF"

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 26 Feb 2015, 00:21

From what i read they dont want to put in stuff like this.... :/
Bunch of sissis... :fool:
"I will gut your balls!"

Mortdecai

Post by Mortdecai » 26 Feb 2015, 18:14

Hey I agree its kinda lame but I really just think it would be nice for looks I mean nothing says more medieval than a public guillotine. :

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 27 Feb 2015, 13:33

Um, no.

Guillotenes were invented in 1792 and used the most, historically, during the French Revolution. There were other beheading machines (most modeled after the Halifax Gibbet), but they weren't guillotenes. France loved them so much, the last one was used in 1977. Not very medeival.

Mortdecai

Post by Mortdecai » 27 Feb 2015, 18:11

Willbonney wrote:Um, no.

Guillotenes were invented in 1792 and used the most, historically, during the French Revolution. There were other beheading machines (most modeled after the Halifax Gibbet), but they weren't guillotenes. France loved them so much, the last one was used in 1977. Not very medeival.

Alright im obviously mistaken here but how about a noose those were defiantly around during the medieval era. :good:

Jcwilk

Post by Jcwilk » 27 Feb 2015, 21:35

Lots of good suggestions in the list, but IMO the only thing the game really needs to be playable right now is a better claim system that's built with raiding in mind (which you did note via your raiding item). That and to shoot the skill trees in the head and make it all flat like ultima online was.

From their "judgement hour" it sounds like they've given up entirely on getting claims right and instead chosen to drop all the rules for one hour a day which won't even affect established bases at all. The guild claims sound like the worst thing ever, gigantic claims where everything is untouchable? Hoping that's not how it ends up.

Bhalin17

Post by Bhalin17 » 10 Mar 2015, 06:28

Oh i came up with a good one...
I played Ultima Online for a long time and they made up a cool feature.
Playernames should be hidden and not shown only if the person "presents" himself, after that you see his name..until he has some kind of full helmet or something to hide his face.
Also when your attacking somebody it should not show who attacked you....

Im a big fan of immersion and hardcore roleplay :beer:
"I will gut your balls!"

Return to Suggestions and Ideas