Emotes before Combat?

Why this game is better than any other.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Emotes before Combat?

Post by Jezbelle » 01 Jan 2015, 20:42

Is it strange to anyone else that the devs are prioritizing useless "emote animations" over combat? That was what the last patch was dedicated to. It's very worrisome to me. Combat should be the number one priority right now.

Goltis

Re: Emotes before Combat?

Post by Goltis » 04 Jan 2015, 12:14

I guess it was just something that they were able to implement more or less easily compared to getting the combat right. The patch also brought decorations and jewelry.
For me, combat is the most important thing, too. But that doesnt mean they cant patch other stuff too.
I agree that it seems a bit silly to spend development time on "emotes" in Alpha, but as i said i dont think that ate too much development time. I guess its more like something they had almost ready and wanted to get it out of the way. Then again, what do i know ;)
Hope the combat/pvp turns out good after all and i hope to see something about the actual MMO this year. At least all those things like emotes, decorations and jewelry will carry over i guess

Edit: bzw, why is this in off-topic?

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 04 Jan 2015, 17:26

Yeah, certainly strange to me. The low priortization of combat is something that bothers me for quite some time.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 05 Jan 2015, 22:54

bzw, why is this in off-topic?

Because it's more of a complaint than a new idea... and I don't want to make a huge deal about it because they have already promised on numerous occasions that they will improve combat. This thread won't solve anything.

Rotnsoul
True Believer

Post by Rotnsoul » 09 Feb 2015, 05:51

Jezbelle wrote:Is it strange to anyone else that the devs are prioritizing useless "emote animations" over combat? That was what the last patch was dedicated to. It's very worrisome to me. Combat should be the number one priority right now.

Combat would be the priority if this game was based around combat. However it doesn't seem to be so I'm not sure why it should come first over other areas?
<- Our discord

Ravenhold
NA Server
Member of the Arkhaya Dominion

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 09 Feb 2015, 11:02

Rotnsoul wrote:Combat would be the priority if this game was based around combat. However it doesn't seem to be so I'm not sure why it should come first over other areas?

But it is:

LIF is...

... like Mount&Blade Series

in terms of melee, ranged and mounted targetless physics based combat.

BUT!

LiF is an MMORPG, while the Mount & Blade series have only limited numbers in multiplayer.
LiF has an innovative Formations system that brings new aspects into massive battles.
LiF has advanced combat aspects like full-body swings (hitting someone while standing, planted on both your legs is much more damaging than hitting someone while in the middle of a run or a jump), hit combos, activated abilities of different weapon skills, etc.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/Life-is-Feudal-like

There are other aspects to it for sure but in a game like this combat will necessarily play a vital role once people are done with building their castles and digging for ressources.

End game will be inter guild warfare.

Return to Off Topic