Silver Sun Republic Presents: LifeisRoleplay.com

All your fan creations go here!
Krevente
Alpha Tester

Silver Sun Republic Presents: LifeisRoleplay.com

Post by Krevente » 25 Dec 2013, 18:41

All,

Silver Sun Republic has been involved in RP-PvP coming up on 15 years since MMOs like Ultima Online, Meridian 59 and The Realm. As part of our ongoing commitment towards contributing to the communities in which we game we are unveiling a new service called "Life is Roleplay." Our main focus will be supporting the RP community in LiF, but we hope to offer a wide range of content to appeal to the larger online RP presence. Our hope is that we can support a heavy RP community in LiF that will draw people into the game and show them what immersive gameplay can add to an MMO.

Some of our services will include:

College of Arms

Resources and consultation regarding heraldry in a medieval context. Our goal is to provide a collection of graphics, background and information for those wanting to develop their own heraldic devices.

Do You Even Strategy, Bro?

A discussion on military strategy and tactics in a historic and modern sense. Many of our military service members hold various degrees and real world experience in dealing with military organizations and the application of doctrine in both real world and MMOs.

How To: Nation States, Kingdoms and Fiefdoms

A collection of resources discussing the benefits and dangers of building massive governing structures. SSR's involvement in the Kingdom of Hyperion and many other player run 'nations' and alliances has led us to learn many different lessons on the Do's and Dont's of large scale organizations.

Roleplayer's Roll Call

Trying to find the right group for you? Trying to find the right players for your group? The Roll Call let's you recruit other RPers and serves as a way to match players to just the right kind of guild to call home. It also serves as a way for similar guilds to meet up and build their own communities.

This is LiF

Up to date news and exclusive information with an RP twist to help satiate your curiosity for all things RP in LiF.

The Rusty Codpiece

Collections of stories and accounts in many different formats from blog posts to YouTube videos to help showcase the talent of the RP community.

Other Stuff

We plan to support other communities including our very own ARMA III Life mod server that will serve as something else to do in the meantime while we wait for LiF to release. You'll find Mount and Blade mod servers as well to start building relationships in the RP community.

LifeIsRoleplay is our way of leveraging the years of gaming and real world experience that SSR has become well known for bringing to the gaming community. Our drive and motivation in RP is to add more to the games we play. RP has gotten a bad reputation over the years as being rigid and too controlled so we're out to push our flavor as a dynamic and practical system of gaming that creates immersion and doesn't hold guilds back being enslaved to some ridiculous set of rules.

If you'd like to contribute, please let us know! Our website will be up shortly, but now is the time to get in on the ground level and get involved!

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Re: Silver Sun Republic Presents: LifeisRoleplay.com

Post by Dailato » 25 Dec 2013, 18:53

very interesting, I'll be certain to check it out, as it may prove usefull for improving the functionality and interest in the vatican and papal states :)

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 25 Dec 2013, 19:35

Hopefully we can provide you with some extra support for your group. Our goal is to provide as much insight and background so that people can develop their own content based on the mistakes we've made in the past.

A lot of people think RP is way too rigid and tied to taverns and lengthy forum posts, but we've found ways to integrate it into our daily gameplay to make games that much more immersive and intriguing.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 25 Dec 2013, 20:28

Krevente wrote:A lot of people think RP is way too rigid and tied to taverns and lengthy forum posts, but we've found ways to integrate it into our daily gameplay to make games that much more immersive and intriguing.

I'll show up too :) I think I am not bad roleplayer, but this'll be my first roleplay in english, so I think more info can never hurt :)

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Post by Falke88 » 26 Dec 2013, 08:03

TBOC Members within? ;)

Radison
Alpha Tester

Post by Radison » 27 Dec 2013, 21:52

You'll have to forgive me TBOC?
===|Www.Silversunrepublic.com|===

Red1

Post by Red1 » 08 Jan 2014, 22:51

I agree TBOC?

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 31 Jan 2014, 03:39

I shall be looking forward to this. It's an excellent idea.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 05 Feb 2014, 01:04

Slowly gaining traction on this. Finally assigned and set up the admins who will be overseeing the initial go for LifeisRoleplay.com.

We have an ARMA III server and a Persistent World server for Mount and Blade: Warband up and running. The ARMA III server has been reskinned to reflect our RP setting and the Mount and Blade server should be ready this weekend, hopefully.

We're still looking for guilds and groups that are interested in getting involved. I know we've got a few RPers around here.

Return to Fan Zone