Covenant of the Phoenix (CotP) | Int'l Gaming Community

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Damis
Alpha Tester

Covenant of the Phoenix (CotP) | Int'l Gaming Community

Post by Damis » 04 Mar 2014, 19:51

I. Intro

Contact Throne here on the LIF forums or at http://www.cotp.info for any questions related to membership, server status or alliances.

Covenant of the Phoenix is an international gaming community that maintains high standards of game play while still maintaining a close-knit family atmosphere.

The guild was established in 1997 on the Great Lakes server of Ultima Online and was founded on the principles of loyalty, honor, and brotherhood and thrives because on-line adventure games are more fun in the company of kindred spirits. We have consistently been involved in many of the most active MMORPG PvP servers, including AC's Darktide, SWG's Bloodfin, AOC's Doomsayer, Darkfall's EU and NA servers as well as PvP servers in Rift, SWTOR, Vanguard, CoV, EVE, Wurm, ArcheAge and PFO among many many others.

Since it’s inception, CotP has branched out into a wide variety of MMOs and other games. Visit our site to see all the games we are playing. We also run servers for FPS games, Space Engineers and our own Life is Feudal server.

We are much more than just a guild, we are a family. The community is very active in the management of the guild and the website. All members are viewed as equals and are not considered just another number.

Our membership ranges in age from teens to the late sixties and geographically spans the globe (although most are adults residing in the North American continent).

Most of us have jobs or college commitments and families, and therefore we support the premise that real-life has priority over game-life. That doesn't mean we don't do our best to be the top guild in every game we play; it just means that we don't set any ridiculous requirements for our members to live up to. Gaming should be fun, not work!

II. Guild Focus

We have a good mix of gaming styles from the casual to the hard-core, with our focus being to provide opportunities for all our members to participate in end-game events. We plan to be involved in all facets of game-play and provide support to our members in whatever path they choose to follow.

We don't force members to raid or play "x" amount of hours per week. Our community has an established and sustainable mix of style, talent and ability which allow us to accomplish our goals without burning out any particular group.

If you are interested in joining more than just a guild, in joining a family, then check us out at: http://www.cotp.info or contact Throne here on the LIF forums.

-~-
Last edited by Damis on 04 Feb 2015, 15:27, edited 4 times in total.

Elric

Re: Covenant of the Phoenix (CotP) | Int'l Gaming Community

Post by Elric » 04 Mar 2014, 21:32

I've been a member of COTP for the past several years, and I can honestly say that I've never gamed with a better bunch of people. I've enjoyed being with such a large gaming community that really does still feel like a smaller close-knit family. I can go from game to game and still hang out with the same friends, and so I never have to go through the process of "looking for a new guild" with every MMO that I play. Plus, COTP has been around for over a decade so there is a lot of history and stability that make the guild a comfortable place to be.

If you're looking for a gaming community to enjoy Life is Feudal with, COTP should be at the top of your list. :beer:
Elric
Covenant of the Phoenix
www.cotp.info

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 04 Mar 2014, 21:47

Warm welcome to the fellow UO veterans! :beer:
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Xugrel

Post by Xugrel » 04 Mar 2014, 22:34

I have been part of Covenant of the Phoenix for 6 yrs now. I used to join a guild in each game I played until I came to CotP, everyone is friendly, and helpful. This has become my internet family, my games have come and gone, but my friends are right with me in this community. We are always looking for folks who want to be part of something bigger than just a guild in one game.

Phyreblade

Post by Phyreblade » 08 Mar 2014, 23:08

I had already been a part of several different guild collapses in one of the games I was playing, when I responded to a guild recruit message from a COTP member. It was perhaps the best decision I made, to chat him up and ask for the chance to wear the guild tags. Just a plain awesome community, with people just sharing their enjoyment of the various games out there to be enjoyed! I can honestly say I've made some real friends. And there's nothing like knowing I have a "home" no matter where I decide to play. It's definitely a guild I'll be staying with for a long, long time!

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 09 Mar 2014, 14:20

I ran with you guys in Darkfall. Glad to see you coming to LiF.
Cimmerian Mercenary

LeahKell

Post by LeahKell » 09 Mar 2014, 14:56

I've been in many guilds along the way, and with CotP a long time. Because they are family, I make the effort to pull in old and new friends so they can also share the fun.

We hope you will become a new member, and look forward to getting to know you.

--Leah

DrDeath413
Alpha Tester

Post by DrDeath413 » 12 Jun 2014, 20:44

Hey iv bein looking around for a good guild to join and you guys caught my interest iv gamed in darkfall mostly befor unholy wars and never could find a solid group to game with or when i do find a solid group they are duece's and i quit eventually any ways becouse they dont care about there members or set standards way to high i am loyal and will lose every gear bag i got for the greater good.. i would like to join your ranks if you would allow me too if not then my search for the perfect guild will continue on

Throne

Post by Throne » 04 Feb 2015, 15:35

I have been a part of the Covenant of Phoenix since late 2000 and have watched it grow from a small group of friends on the Darktide server of Asheron's Call into the 1k+ member multi-game community it is today.

This community is truly a family who love gaming together in the toughest of environments.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions about the community or our server.

Weltsch

Post by Weltsch » 04 Feb 2015, 16:03

I have been a member of CotP for over 3 years now, and participated in several different games along the way. No matter what game you play, you will always find great people from all over the world to laugh and have a great time with. Come join us and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

send me a message if you have any questions. I would be happy to answer any of them.

PretosTeshdale

Post by PretosTeshdale » 04 Feb 2015, 17:51

Hi. I am actually pretty much an MMO n00b. Came over to CoTP when The Empyrean Order from PathFinder Online came onboard.

I have always stayed away from MMOs because of the griefers and a-holes (I get enough of that in RL). However, I have been playing Wurm for about a year and LiF for a month or so now with the CoTP folks and I can honestly say that they are a great group of folks.

Come join us and remember "Life IS Feudal" :crazy:

Zztong

Post by Zztong » 05 Feb 2015, 15:01

I joined CotP recently. So far I've found the members to be both welcoming and reasonable in their expectations of players who also have families and real lives.

Boarvat

Post by Boarvat » 09 Feb 2015, 21:59

MMO's since the days of Ultima Online launch. Recent joined CotP and can say its nice to find another guild of intelligent, kind, motivated, structured planning players.

Its going to be harsh game environment and its nice to know you will be able to count on your brothers and sisters to have your back.

Cndo
Alpha Tester

Post by Cndo » 13 Feb 2015, 16:28

Ran into your folks on Wurm Online and did not get along so well, hopefully that will be different this time around.
:good:
Cndo - Adminstrator/Elder of Northmark Guild

Atomsk

Post by Atomsk » 03 Mar 2015, 01:35

Been with COTP for a couple months now. Great group of people.
People always in mumble to talk with and everyone is really helpful.

Weltsch

Post by Weltsch » 04 Mar 2015, 15:29

Now is a great time to come join the CotP gang! We will be testing the new LiF patch, and watching to see just how many bites it takes a bear to get to the center of LiF clone! We laugh, we sing badly, we terraform madly!

Mooglebop

Post by Mooglebop » 05 Mar 2015, 07:21

I've been a part of CotP for only a little under a year now, but I don't see myself leaving anytime soon. This is the best gaming community I've ever been a part of! I've played LiF with other CotP members in the past, and it truly never ever gets old how kind and helpful they all are. :D

This is the way to go in LiF, for sure! :beer:

LeahKell

Post by LeahKell » 06 Mar 2015, 19:54

I've been playing online games since 1994 or so, starting with Meridian 59 beta. In that time I've belonged to many different guilds and groups.

In the years I've been with CotP I've never regretted joining. Just like a family, the ages range from teens to seniors, from students to professionals, from widely differing geographic backgrounds to nearby neighbors. CotP just sets a standard for me that is hard to match, and I am looking forward to the next big title not only for the game but for the opportunity to spend time with what has become my gaming family.

If you're looking for a home, check us out; you'll have a ready-made group of friends for all the future games to come.

--Leah

JonDM

Post by JonDM » 06 Mar 2015, 21:55

I have been a member of COTP for a couple of years. They have been some of the nicest and most supportive people that I have met. This is the first gaming guild that I have been a part of, but I can't imagine a better group out there.

Dansker

Post by Dansker » 11 Mar 2015, 21:12

I've been Gaming since SWG Beta and been a part of many really great guilds since in many games. Never seen a gaming community though like CotP. I joined almost 2 years ago now and haven't been disappointed in any of the games I've played with this guild since.

I have led many guilds and usually after a time get an itch to start my own again, but haven't had that since joining CotP. I'd highly recommend this community to anyone searching for great people to play LiF or any other game with.

Zztong

Post by Zztong » 12 Mar 2015, 13:52

I've been playing with CotP in their Life is Feudal server for a couple of months now. It has been a positive experience. It's been a great place to experiment with the game and develop working relationships.

Werty4231
Zealous Believer

Post by Werty4231 » 12 Mar 2015, 14:52

I have been a part of CoTP for around a week, and I've been accepted warmly. You couldn't find a more mature, joyful crew with which to roll.

Damis
Alpha Tester

Post by Damis » 12 Mar 2015, 15:29

The best decision that I made in 2004 was to join the Covenant of the Phoenix. It is a fantastic community of gamers who support each other in and out of games.

Guilds come and go, what sets CotP apart from the rest is that it has been around for a very long time and it is still going strong.

If you are looking for an active guild which is involved in a broad spectrum of games then you should check out Covenant of the Phoenix at http://www.cotp.info .

If you interested in joining a friendly community which feels like a family, then you should check out Covenant of the Phoenix at http://www.cotp.info .

We have an active LiF server in which you can meet some of the members and decide if CotP is a good fit for you. You are also welcome to hop on our mumble server if you have questions or just want to chat.

We have also started to create helpful tutorials and game guides, which you can view at:
http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/tutorials/category/32-life-is-feudal-guides/

If you are interested in joining more than just a guild, in joining a family, then check us out at: http://www.cotp.info or contact Throne here on the LIF forums.

Pirant

Post by Pirant » 13 Mar 2015, 14:45

Awesome Guild and a great game go togather perfectly!

I've been a member of this great guild since July 28 2008, they made me feel at home and I have never felt a reason to leave.

A great bunch of people, a great community, a great family! :beer:

Cheers
Grim
www.cotp.info/forums

Steelcamp

Post by Steelcamp » 13 Mar 2015, 18:08

What?! You cant find a good gaming community in which to team up and play games?....Check out www.COTP.info We have Mumble, forums, and awesome website and a dozen active gaming chapters. Give us a look and sign up for fun times!!!!

Steelcamp

The Covenant of the Phoenix www.cotp.info

Phyreblade

Post by Phyreblade » 19 Mar 2015, 02:31

You will never find a better group of gamers, than those wearing Covenant of the Phoenix tags. Best of friends, family, community -- make sure to take a look: www.cotp.info

Irishninja

Post by Irishninja » 21 Mar 2015, 18:22

Joined CotP a few days ago and I honestly couldn't be happier, one of the best group of people around.

Check us out: http://www.cotp.info

Dansker

Post by Dansker » 04 Apr 2015, 23:57

Just wanted to reiterate how great a guild CotP is for Life is Feudal and all other games out there.

This is a massive group of like minded gamers with a strong real life comes first attitude then enjoying time in games with people you want to game with. I'm currently playing 2 games with the guild and enjoying all the people I game with.

I highly recommend CotP for anyone that wants to have a great time playing in a pvp guild with great people.

See www.cotp.info to join us: just hit the join us button at the top left, then register to the forums. Once the registration is confirmed through your email, then log in and go to the join us button again for a short get to know you app to become a member. We welcome anyone interested in a great community that has a lot of fun together.

Throne

Post by Throne » 16 Apr 2015, 02:11

Our server is now open to new players as well as veterans. We're preparing for siege weapons and having a blast!

Ezierle

Post by Ezierle » 25 Apr 2015, 02:04

Hi folks, Ernie here. Been a heppy member of COTP for about 4 years now and look forward to seeing everyone in game.

Return to Guild Recruitment