UBA's Feedback Thread

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

UBA's Feedback Thread

Post by Ubaciosamse » 27 Feb 2015, 15:53

I was thinking insted of posting my feedback in tons of different threads, I might just do it here over time.
Just some info about my gameplay for starters.
At this moment I have 534 hours of gameplay and I have the game for about 2 months, with that said I think I have a pritty good knowledge of the game and also all that I write here is strictly my experience and my thoughts / suggestions and such things, please just post constructive advices and such.
Last edited by Ubaciosamse on 27 Feb 2015, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Re: UBA's Feedback Thread

Post by Ubaciosamse » 27 Feb 2015, 16:02

Feedback regarding starting up when you get the game.
The game is at such a state and setup atm that it is almost impossible to be alone in it and have fun/even survive.
That is fine since the whole concept of the game is base building/guilds and such and progressing togather insted of soloplaying.
-Suggestion to those that are new to the game : Get a group asap! And dont feel shy to ask any questions that you have about the game, people love explaining the game mechanics :Yahoo!:
-Do not even try playing alone!
Most of the people I saw that were new were saying they want to learn the game trying it by them selfs, well the game is designed in such a way that you can not exactly know some things without help!
I think that its a good side of the game that you actualy need to be a part of a group, and it is aswell in some sense realistic.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 27 Feb 2015, 16:28

Geting resources feedback.
Well you got a group or friends and similar and now you are asking yourself how to get some resources?
Depending on what you are going for skill tree wise these are the things that you encounter/ get a bit annoyed with.
Lets start from the prospecting / mining tree.

This is all from my point of view and how things happen on servers that I was on.
Your group will give you food if they have any good quality one or high complexity one because that helps with leveling your skill.
Prospecting goes feirly simply you stand at one spot and prospect the hell out of the ground ur on for flint stone or anythin else given in the options.
Your skill will be done in some time depending on the server rates.

Mining -
Now that can be tricky, you get a pickaxe ok, depending on the server rules you will prob be geting your skill up to 60 to unlock the next one and getin a good quality ore to put on an infinite pile?!?!?
Infinite pile you ask? Google it, and the reason for not mining all the time realisticly is because it causes massive lag when making tunels and 2 many tunels even more lag
Servers have found a quick fix for that and they call it a tuneling script that actualy fills those tunels in and the lag is almost erased from those dig spots.
Future game developement will probably implement a similar system that will reduce the lag from such things.
Smelting is fairly easy get some coal get a furnace or a bloomery depending on what u have, make some coal in a kilm, put the coal in the bloomery/furnace and then dig ur ore out of an infinite pile...Realistic to some extent isnt it, also a bit grindy without many rewards, specialy the actual materials are on most server setups very simple to get. You melt your iron into ingots lumps and bars that you use later in forging and weapon/armorsmithing. Its all realistic to some point but at this moment some of the weapons are doing very bad damage and their hitboxes are sometimes not exactly accurate but the grining is real.
There isnt much reward for being a blacksmith -
In the future you will be able to make exceptional weapons easyer maybe some costumatization will be added wich will make it alot more fun.
-Opinion-
My opinion at this moment for blacksmithing and many other skill trees is its not rewarding enough.
-Suggestion-
There are many posts out there for customizing weapons/armor and many other things. My personal one is much simpler. Give each tree some unique bonus that other ones can not get. This will not work that well in the servers since most have a 3000 skill cap, but you may be able to do it either way.
It can be from anything to a stats buff like + 10 streanght if you are a 100 skill in blacksmithing tree over the 150 skillcap even. Or a unique weapon/armor and such that only they can wear. The outfits like the blachsmith one should be locked only for those with skills in blacksmithing and are mastered.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 27 Feb 2015, 16:54

Forestry/Logging skill tree.

You want to try to be a forester hmmm lets see....

Your friends explain that the best way is to eat good/high complexity food first (Surprise?) And go and inspect trees/collect branches sprouts and when you are able to plant them!
Seems realistic and prity fair. You get to the Logging part eventualy, you chop your tree and see a stump.
Your reaction would be cool how realistic! But dont fool yourself...ITS A TRAP!.
Uprooting stomps doesnt give you anything but a skillup. I wouldnt say it is enough. Most of the servers complain about stomps that people must remove them or it will kill the serverz!?!?
Reason for the lag about stumps is that when ever the new ingame day comes, the crops grow a bit/trees and alot of other things happen, so the server is a bit confused when it comes to a stump. It basicly thinks its almost like a tree but that cant grow back, Y U DO DIS TREE ? Y U NO GROW? And so the server chocks a bit on each stomp causing lag, also it causes lag during the whole time because the server is confused.

Some good servers countered that problem with an uproot script, that when they run it and the server has to be offline it removes all stumps from the database.
Some other servers are not so fortunate so they just made uprooting a bit faster and beg/threaten people to uproot stomps.
It is so freaking popular its even in the roleplay?!?!
Raiders that attack towns threaten the villagers there to uproot nearby stumps or they will kill them?!?!

Ok so you got loging/forestry done in a sense, and you are ready to try some carpentry! Yeah!
Now basicly its another trap, what you will mostly do is cut boards and building logs and drop them either on the ground or put them in buildings/walls and such! Oh the joy of being a carpenter!
All that you have been rewarded for your effort by now is that u can plant most of the trees 100q if u find one in game by geting a sprout and planting it, if you have the 100q skill it will be 100q!!!
Sounds logical? Well a quick trip to the farming for 1 thing here
In farming soil affects the crops, in forestry "forest soil" doesnt effect the tree almost at all. The higher q forest soil has a different purpouse at the game at this point and that is gathering mushrooms/barries....
Back to carpentry! You are a proud carpenter that basicly has no big rewards, you can make the barrels crates and many other cool things! Yes but still im pointing out that each skill should have a better reward when its mastered.
Examples that are maybe dumb maybe fun.
-Add some chance of some special masterwork of wood that can have a cooldown.
Its basicly if you have a 100q skill you can use up idk a daily chance of geting an idea
of maing something great! That can be from a special looking chair to anything in the carpentry.
-Maybe in the future a few skills will have misc items. Like wooden figurines that are collectables, or TOYS I LOVE ME SOME TOYS! Like a small wooden cart that u can drag tiny inventory space in it but its a toy one, or like a wooden horsie or god knows what wooden toy soldiers carved animals or whotnot.
You can make training weapons aswell and some other materials.
But as things go at this moment each group has a few training weapons stored somewere and you wont need to make them in a while.
There can be much more.
Next on the list - Bowcraft -
Oh how you have dreamed of making your own bow...
To make a bow you need a knife, primite or made by a blacksmith...
a knife and some bilets make arrows...hmm i somehow thought that arrows are better off made by branches but never mind. You can make bows/bolts/arrows/crossbows and thats about it for that skill.
It is very important but nothing much about it nothing rewarding except making a few weapons here and there.
In the future there will be fire arrows that will work, probably poisonous and similar.
The things I would like to see in it are many different arrow types in the future from iron to those with different heads, even those idk what they are called big arrows for big bows, maybe even stationary crossbows that you can place on the ground that are used in the siedge weaponry as a material and such.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 27 Feb 2015, 17:01

I will add more soon. :shock:

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 01 Mar 2015, 13:48

At the moment the guild patch

Seems broken....

Good sides - You now can share land with ur guild mates, defend without loosin aligment and such

Decay system -
It was set on the server I am on Norrath #1 on 0 as default
The decay still happens

-First things that dicepear each morning are snares not in claim area-
The area is pritty small when u get the monument -

Bigest problem atm until the juggment hour is -

-Bandits cant steal-

Only way to get some loot is unclaimed bases wich are usualy new people - sad news -
Or kill people around
But how do u get into bases with huge walls now when u cant interact with the objects at all on their ground?
Dig tunels? Hell no

Will update in the near future but these are the things that have happened so far....

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 01 Mar 2015, 15:35

Ubaciosamse wrote:At the moment the guild patch

Bigest problem atm until the juggment hour is -

-Bandits cant steal-

Only way to get some loot is unclaimed bases wich are usualy new people - sad news -
Or kill people around
But how do u get into bases with huge walls now when u cant interact with the objects at all on their ground?
Dig tunels? Hell no

Siege has not yet been implemented. There are several methods for getting into places with walls and gates that will become more viable with the actual mmo version (like pretending to be merchants from far off.)

This patch is indeed broken for the moment, but the bandit/theft issues for walled areas will be addressed in later updates (torches can be used eventually for burning burnable buildings, so it's not like bandits must always have catapults carted around with them!)

Hope this addresses the concern you have here.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 01 Mar 2015, 23:29

Also another quick update with a few things that have been tested.

First of all the decay seems not to respond to the default =0 , it still happens.
Seccond the claim area is both small and its a circle wich makes it hard to fit things in it to achive the max potential.
Third the values of the sacrafice things are broken, we simply put 90 iron ore in and got 35k of points and the maintenece req only 317 for the first monument.
Forth we upgraded the monument and what happend suprisingly the area didnt expand it even became smaller.
And since you allready replied about the thievery, it should not effect droped bags on the ground/crates/barrels/carts unclaimed coops and such things that do not phisicly have a good lock.
Maybe there should be another chest type with a lock that can be picklocked, put all the items listed above are stealable wich is redicilous to protect them all, also things like taning tubs and drying frames. Our entire server is just siting there not doing anything much because they cant expand at all at this point, because the decay cant be realy turned off.
Also the silver for the monument is a bad idea for the sandbox, because most of the servers dont allow diging and then they will get the silver from admins with or without trading something for it.
Upside is that I think that we felt a noticable increse in the games performance/smoother gameplay, bot unsure is it due to the massive decay of smaller items outside of claims even on =0 default.
I will try to adress any other issues aswell.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 01 Mar 2015, 23:32

Another thing, the juggment hour should have been updated with the guild patch, because fun fact now people will sit in their claimed area, though small but still all loot will be there and the pvp of the game as far as bandits and raids will not exist in this month. We are on our server exploring other action options by manualy changing the claim area/and the thigs it effects or making daily pvp events and allowing "bomb carts" to remove walls and such.....

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 01 Mar 2015, 23:40

Another bug that happened earlyer today.
We got the option to upgrade the monument after a server restart the bar was full, before the restart empthy.
I did upgrade it poped up to the fine one that req silver i was disapointed about the silver part, then I actualy saw the upgrade button still there on the green bar, i pressed it and it turned it back to a great one.
So I could have somehow skip an entire monument phase to a better one :crazy:

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 02 Mar 2015, 09:42

This should be fixed because it makes no sense that it works in this way.
When you select an action with right click it changes other default actions aswell, for example : I right click "Saw a board" and it changes later my default action for a cart from "open" to "move" and its annoying people keep picking up chests and carts because of that problem.
Same goes for cutting trees, you set cut as default for a hardwood tree, and it doesnt do the same for the softwood insted it sets the softwood to "get a sprout". So you change the softwood now to default cut, it changes the hardwood to "get a sprout". :%)

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 02 Mar 2015, 10:11

This decay system needs to be fixed aswell as the claim one, i jumped on tons of servers most of them abandoned or wiped, people say "we are not building in this tiny circle and we cant even raid...also we lost tons to the decay system its broke". Alot of big country based servers died out allready all of their things stolen/decayed away because of the broken claim and the claim back to 24h and alot of other things...

SantasHelper

Post by SantasHelper » 02 Mar 2015, 10:58

Idk if I am the only one that read this entire feedback but I think you should try to cover all of the things ingame because I agree with some and disagree with some of your ideas :D But in general I agree :friends:

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 02 Mar 2015, 12:57

A SIMPLE CHANGE IDEA FOR THE GUILD SYSTEM

-Make that the guild leader just rightclicks on a building and has the option "Guild Claim" so you just tag buildings ur guild can use/destroy.
-You cant do this on cheasts/carts/crates and such-
And you are basicly done with the guild claim system thats what we all wanted just to be able to use houses and werehouses and such/share them. Not this lunatic cant do anything with object at all....Keep the tresspasser thing and maybe keep the they cant interact with the ground/teraform BUT they SHOULD be able to HARVEST/STEAL crops and such.
If they needed more time they should have taken it. Because this patch is a disgrace and alot of people were waiting for it patiently and were excited now they stoped playing.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 02 Mar 2015, 18:32

First hotfix update.
Lifting logs does work properly and why not no reason for them not to.

The sacrafice is still kind of 2 easy just sacraficed 30 dirt got 1000 points
...Will update the thread if I find anything out about the rest.

Also it seems that the decay needs to be manualy tweeked in the database even after the hotfix.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 03 Mar 2015, 21:16

Logs dicepear after server restarts/is not server related, also campfires, other thigs dont and also we double checked that the decay is on 0.

Bigsteve

Post by Bigsteve » 03 Mar 2015, 21:33

Ubaciosamse wrote:This decay system needs to be fixed aswell as the claim one, i jumped on tons of servers most of them abandoned or wiped, people say "we are not building in this tiny circle and we cant even raid...also we lost tons to the decay system its broke". Alot of big country based servers died out allready all of their things stolen/decayed away because of the broken claim and the claim back to 24h and alot of other things...

A guild member has done a bit of testing andhis results suggest that the items are not decaying...they are just randomly not being able to be seen. He made a bunch if traps and logged out, while a friend watched them.
when he logged back in the traps could not be seen, but the friend could still see them. Then he re-logged, and were not seen, but ~30 mins later a few of the snare traps had caught something and where visable.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 03 Mar 2015, 21:41

That seems to be a seperete situation, for us for example, a morning occured ingame with like some traps that have been there for like an hour and a half and they vanished infront of all our eyes, and besides thats old news now they are fine they dont dicepear, but logs are gone after a server restarts/crashes wich makes no use for making log piles for resources = alot biger tree farms are needed atm until its resolved since u cant stock up on the logs. I am not 100% sure is it server/or patch related but the developer on our server says hes pritty sure its patch related since that started happening after the hotfix.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 03 Mar 2015, 22:01

I think that the next update is not worth it, an entire month to make an update to turn claims off for an hour? How long could that take...just fix the way it effects chests/and other movable objects that it doesnt protect them and ur done its fine.

Ausrick

Post by Ausrick » 04 Mar 2015, 03:57

Yes, A lot of people on mine are upset about the logs. had people stacking 100 quality Oaks on one side of their carpenter shop, 100 Pine on the other. and they are all gone.

They want me to GM them back in and I don't know of any commands or even if I did, what the parameters would be for if they had been sawed on any or what type of tree they came from. And I don't think speed growing 60-100 trees (as in planting them each individually and using /grow a zillion times to ruin everyone else's crops) cutting them and then dragging them and stacking them one at a time making sure they're straight is what I need to be doing to appease some ravenous players.

Does anybody know of a better way to do this?

I sure hope the chests and barrels and carts aren't next... If I have an angry hoard asking me to replace their trader carts and then complaining about me using the B key because it effects durability and they were pretty sure when they originally made it they used quality 86 nails and 3 of the 4 wheels were 100 but only one was 74..... I will need to be admitted to an asylum!

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 04 Mar 2015, 17:20

Lets just hope its fixed soon. Will update anythin else i see strange.

- YOU CAN PAVE WITHOUT A MALLET -
Im not complaining just it wasnt in the patch notes so it might be a bug.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 04 Mar 2015, 20:17

One of my regular feedbacks
I think I got up to gather tree atm. Well my thoughts are kinda not complete about that tree except a few issues.

The tree isnt thought out bad, its just taht the entire natures lore seems to be not needed as a seperate skill in a sense, could be a part of gathering. Gathering is fine just the herbs models need to be more diversitile because there are basicly 2 types I think wich makes it a bit boring if you plan on gathering them alot.

The healing is a bit broken, req u to click on it alot of times before it responds actualy.
Alchemy idk about that yet since its not implemented properly, but it seems like its well covered for now.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 05 Mar 2015, 15:34

Current way to raid bases with walls because of the claim, logs dont work anymore and we are not going to tunel into bases.
-Bombs-Bomb carts-
A cart with a specified ammount of naptha is brought to a wall/gatehouse. An admin is requiered to delete the wall/cart as if it were a bomb. The details of how much naptha and how long the cart needs to be near the wall is specified by the rules of the server.

Other possible ways for pvp.
Conquer mode - make claimable buildings - specified by the server/rules- that can be claimed each day and it can be like your own teritory in that way - the admins may also put some loot for each claimed building /conquered so there is a purpouse of claiming it.

A pubic arena
A public arena were each group/faction/house gives a fighter or more to fight against another and share a prize pool that has been predetermened by those 2 houses.

Another way to actualy pvp is to have the server ban monuments and set decay to 0 so old playstyle works.
This is by all means ways for the current patch because the claims protect 2 much. In the future these ways may but wont be the only options for pvp.

Current state of the servers - Most popular servers are new ones with bases without walls yet...Reason is that u can pvp with people that havent progressed to full protection of their claims. As soon as the server has most camps protected with walls and such, the server pritty much must rely on the other metods of pvp. Because it was supposed to be a pvp game. If they dont turn to other metods at that point they will slowly die out untill the new update after wich their fates are determined by other things.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 06 Mar 2015, 15:05

Should we have a map on "M" in the game or not?

This is a question I asked myself many times in a game that aims to be realistic. The whole map there seems like a feudal gps system.

-Makes it too easy to find spots of enemy positions and such things without any effort, and as the game is set now its also has fixed animal spawns most of the times so people just mark them on the map and they go and kill/tame them.

-Suggestion-
-Add a option within the artist or another off skill called "Cartographer"-

How would it work?
1. We will not have a map on "M" - realistic.
2. The offskill will need a simple material at first like a pice of hide skin to be used as the material for a map to be drawn on. Later he can use a proper skin for a better more realistic map with more details. And in the end even maybe on Papyrus or linen cloth or what ever u choose from such options.
3. The higher the skill the better the map with a luck bonus of making a potential treasure map of sorts.
4. The map will be a crafted item people will carry with them that they will have to realisticly open to see where they are.
5. It may also have an option to mark things on it by anyone of its users.
6. It can if its a skin one be marked with knifes wich when you open it will prob have only significant big places like mountains and rivers not smaller hills and such. If you get ur skill up you can make on a Papyrus with coal basicly and draw out an accurate map.

-Good and the bad side -
Bad side is it wont be that easy to get around wich is logical like if you want it realisticly done.

Good side
-Realistic reasons
-Another fun skill to have
-People could mark ingame enemy camps and send it to another player for attack plans or anything similar.
-Can even be used to mark special hiden spots for quests/hidden treasure of that person/guild - rp - realistic reasons.
-Will make it more realistic when people are attacking a base - a possibility of a "Map Table" for war plans that can be used in the guild hq and such.
-Many more things the sky is the limit.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 09 Mar 2015, 14:57

A simple feedback regarding - FOREST SOIL - that I forgot to mention.
The quiality of the forest soils unrealisticly only affects the quality of mushrooms/barries and such. While when you pick it up and drop it it has no effect on for example the actual tree u plant on it. I am not 100% sure does it effect it in some background minor ways, but it doesnt make it grow faster, nor affects its quality, or output of any resourcess of the tree.
Realisticly it should affect it. Nothing more needs to be said for that at this current time.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 10 Mar 2015, 11:52

Significant decrease in the ammout of players currently playing the game.
Those that still play are people usualy that recently found about the game.
I love this game and im a bit afraid ill be left alone playin it.
Usual reasons I got from people that used to play on some servers I was on (thats over 50 people I have asked within the last week or so)
Reason no 1. The new guild system and the way they plan on making us wait an entire month to resume pvp that will be at hours that will not work for everyone thus make some people not play at all.
Reason no 2. "Idk the game was fine and fun but kind of a grindfest, also the pvp is kinda stale the mechanics are not that good like we expected it to be..."
Reason no 3. If the mmo is gona be this hardcore as they suggest im not wasting my life this much, i dont mind grinding but still no reward for actualy doing so that much atm, so it makes me wana wait months until I actualy play again.
And some other minor reasons, from almost 50 of my steam friends that played lif with me they all took a break sayin "almost all servers are empthy except those that have people cursing at each other on global and some freash newbie ones full of tunels and rulebreakers" with those reasons above aswell.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 13 Mar 2015, 16:11

First thoughts of the new "Fix" is "Ooops they did it again..."
All the logs that have been dicepearing after server restarts due to that "bug" now spawned back in wierd spots all over the server.
Will add whatever I find more.

Eendar
Devoted Believer

Post by Eendar » 13 Mar 2015, 16:42

Lucky, still waiting for mine too boot. 31 min and counting

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 14 Mar 2015, 22:39

-Strange enough alot of people complain about taning tubs and racks. I have a test that shows picking the rack up and puting it back down allows the harvesting of the material.
-Another problem occured. When you make the small repair kit it doenst use up the materials you can make it infinetely...
-And the quality of the repair kit doesnt respond well to the skill/quality of the materials and such i have over 50 skill over 50q knife a 100q billet 60q nails the repair kit is 6q.
-Also the durability of the buildings seem to exceed its maximum using the repair kits not sure at this time is it just visual.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 16 Mar 2015, 09:16

Found a way (most people allready know about this) to make infinite small repair kits....
-Its as if it wasn't tested at all if they tried to make 2 repair kits they would have seen the bug/exploit....
You can also make any repair kit with a simple method, that im not gona revail in detail because of possible max exploits, and I mean any repair kit even the large one without any materials requiered and infinately.

Im just gona wait until they actualy notice what I am telling them, since its days now.

Return to Feedback Section