3.1 Issues

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

RogueSoul

3.1 Issues

Post by RogueSoul » 03 Mar 2015, 23:39

Hello! After updating my server with the 3.1 hotfix, I have noticed some lingering issues. The biggest issue that items seem to still be decaying even after adding a config line as directed on the wiki. The hotfix notes said a line would be added to the config, but mine appears unchanged unless it is identical to what I added. Campfires and animal snares are vanishing in the morning two days after being placed. I've tried placing them both inside and outside the protective radius of the guild monument. I've tested this several times now and it keeps happening. I don't know if this is related to decay or is an issue with the update. I've reset the server a few times and revalidated files without any improvement. I read other people are having huts and tanning tubs vanish, but so far the ones I have placed are still there after several hours.

Also, the influence radius for the guild monument isn't changing on upgrade or server reset. I even replaced the monument that was created in between patches 3.0 and 3.1. I haven't seen anyone else mentioning this, but fishing seems to be acting up as well. There's an avid fisher on my server with 70+ fishing/hunting who went close to 100 casts in a row with no fish. They finally gave up. On a side note, is there currently a way to tell how much a building has decayed? I'd prefer to keep decay set to 0, but maintenance might be fun.

I'm sure the developers are hard at work. I hope having a broader picture of what is and isn't working will be helpful.

Big_Smokey

Re: 3.1 Issues

Post by Big_Smokey » 04 Mar 2015, 00:49

Yes we are experiencing the same issue with snares, campfires and huts. Looks to not be a decay issue but things disappearing when logging off while other 'still logged on' players can see and interact with the missing items.

See below the thread started yesterday.

[url][/http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/decay-bug-testing-t12114/url]

Ausrick

Post by Ausrick » 04 Mar 2015, 03:15

I have had an issue where people had been logging 100 quality oaks and stacking the logs neatly right next to the carpenter shop and now they are all gone.

I'm not sure if this is decay or not but they are upset because it was a lot of work, and as a side note, I don't know how to replace them as a GM.

The GM commands for summoning items or making buildings sure. but I don't know how to make 40-60 hardwood oak logs at 100 quality without anything sawed out of them and stacked neatly without planting 40 to 60 sapplings using the grow command a bunch of times and ruining everyone elses crops in the process, and then cut them down and drag them and place them one at a time individually.

That's a lot of work for a GM, let alone the players who had been harvesting for weeks. Does anybody know of a good way to do this AND if this is decay and how it effects items like that?

I'm thinking since the logs aren't crafted they are in another category.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 04 Mar 2015, 04:42

Yup, snares are still disapearing.. and reappearing a bit later after a relog....

Weird sound effect while claiming a building (if this is intented, fire that sound guy, just awful)

Forge and kiln are now silent...

Multiple global chat tabs... and no way to delete them...

Some graphical glitches with animals (half way into the ground)

Things seems more laggy...

Yup, lots of new bugs! :(

Der_Dekan

Post by Der_Dekan » 04 Mar 2015, 07:41

Ausrick wrote:I have had an issue where people had been logging 100 quality oaks and stacking the logs neatly right next to the carpenter shop and now they are all gone.

We have the same issue. After the patch 0.3.1.0 I cutted down some trees and placed the logs in my camp.
As all my logs were gone with patch 0.3.0.0 I did this with only 3 logs, luckily.
Result: All are gone. The server have a decay of 0, as we did not modify this value.

Sebas555 wrote:Weird sound effect while claiming a building (if this is intented, fire that sound guy, just awful)

I am totally with you!

Sebas555 wrote:Forge and kiln are now silent...
Things seems more laggy...

Not to mention the steam of tanning tubs is hardly visible anymore, as well as the shining of flames in Kiln/Forge...

NotDot

Post by NotDot » 04 Mar 2015, 09:51

Big_Smokey wrote:Looks to not be a decay issue but things disappearing when logging off while other 'still logged on' players can see and interact with the missing items.

Thanks to you we finally caught this bug! We really appreciate it!

RogueSoul

Post by RogueSoul » 04 Mar 2015, 16:12

That is very interesting about those types of objects not decaying, but becoming inaccessible on log out, but coming back with a state change. Would that mean that since snares can change their state to full, they will definitely reappear later and things like campfires and huts will remain invisible until this bug is fixed? That is good news for people sore about losing their items. Fortunately, no one on my server has had any problems with huts, logs or tanning tubs.

When I logged in today though, the guild claim monument had a red flame coming out of the top and a large blacked spot on the blade. Is this the graphic for when the monument decays due to lack of upkeep points? It is strange, because when I logged out last night, the monument had sufficient points to keep it going for a couple of days and I was only gone for 12 hours. Maybe there is also an error with the points indicator for required upkeep and total points available? I know the progress bar for upgrading moves erratically. As guild leader, I can no longer interact with the monument - except to destroy it.

Degrath

Post by Degrath » 04 Mar 2015, 20:01

Is anyone able to process Flax since the update? I do not get any options for flax on the dying tubs anymore.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 04 Mar 2015, 20:49

Degrath wrote:Is anyone able to process Flax since the update? I do not get any options for flax on the dying tubs anymore.

Anything I know about crops in general is that I don,t see anything growing... but I can harvest it when it's ready... but all I see see is plowed soil all the way through the process...

Degrath

Post by Degrath » 04 Mar 2015, 20:57

Sebas555 wrote:
Degrath wrote:Is anyone able to process Flax since the update? I do not get any options for flax on the dying tubs anymore.

Anything I know about crops in general is that I don,t see anything growing... but I can harvest it when it's ready... but all I see see is plowed soil all the way through the process...

I see the initial planting of the seeds. and if I use the grow command 4-5 times I will see them grow. I will plant some new and let them grow natural to see if they change

RogueSoul

Post by RogueSoul » 04 Mar 2015, 22:30

Everyone's gardens have been growing like normal on our server. I don't know about the flax issue since we only just got a crop of them going and the tanning tub has been taken up with leather.

Nachtschatten

Post by Nachtschatten » 05 Mar 2015, 01:35

@Sebas: Check ur grass distance in video settings...if its 0...raise it

since the update, all tubs and racks with q<100 have gone, same with loom.q100 still there
Bloomery has no sound, like killn and furnace.
Had half and total invisible animals, but this bug is gone since the last hotfix.

Nickg4000

Post by Nickg4000 » 05 Mar 2015, 13:44

Hi. Since the update I'm also having tanning tubs, drying racks and snares disappear. The first two are in game - I built a couple of racks and put on some hides, then set some flax to tan (no visible steam or bubbling sound although definitely there as it gave a time to finish on checking). I then part built a loom. When I turned back the racks and tubs had gone...

Building sites for racks (i.e. the X sign) have also disappeared between games.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 05 Mar 2015, 17:20

Nachtschatten wrote:@Sebas: Check ur grass distance in video settings...if its 0...raise it

since the update, all tubs and racks with q<100 have gone, same with loom.q100 still there
Bloomery has no sound, like killn and furnace.
Had half and total invisible animals, but this bug is gone since the last hotfix.

Oh! Yes I lowered my grass setting since I was getting a bit more lag lately... I didn't thought this would affect crops also... thx man! :beer:

HawkeyeDavid

Post by HawkeyeDavid » 06 Mar 2015, 03:39

I have not been able to keep a single item built on the server for more than 2 days since the update. Decay is set to 0 and after 2 days poof gone.

Polrena

Post by Polrena » 07 Mar 2015, 05:32

Anything built is gone. Warehouses, with everything in it, houses, walls, fences, monument, lampposts, furnace, wheelbarrow, kiln, coop, stacked logs.. everything inside and outside the guild claim area. The only things remaining are paved roads and buildings still being constructed.

Decay was at 0 for our sever.

I'm completed devastated, since I'd assumed with decay at 0, we'd be ok. Is there a fix to this?

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 07 Mar 2015, 05:42

Polrena wrote:Anything built is gone. Warehouses, with everything in it, houses, walls, fences, monument, lampposts, furnace, wheelbarrow, kiln, coop, stacked logs.. everything inside and outside the guild claim area. The only things remaining are paved roads and buildings still being constructed.

Decay was at 0 for our sever.

I'm completed devastated, since I'd assumed with decay at 0, we'd be ok. Is there a fix to this?

Did you backup your database regularly?

Polrena

Post by Polrena » 07 Mar 2015, 05:46

It auto-backs up, but we haven't manually backed it.

Is there a better or more reliable system of information that we need to know about, if this was a thing I needed to do?

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 07 Mar 2015, 05:56

Polrena wrote:It auto-backs up, but we haven't manually backed it.

Is there a better or more reliable system of information that we need to know about, if this was a thing I needed to do?

What do you mean by auto backups? I do hot backups every 30 minutes on my server and cold backups on every manual restart. But your best bet would be to restoring a previous backup before everything went to crap.

Polrena

Post by Polrena » 07 Mar 2015, 05:59

No idea how to do that. And even if I restored it to what it was before, how do I prevent the decay from deleting everything again?

Starstripe

Post by Starstripe » 13 Mar 2015, 15:30

Sebas555 wrote:

You have to turn the grass visuals on in your graphics menu.
Crops are rendered as grass, and when your grass distance is set to 0.00 you wont see them.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 13 Mar 2015, 19:22

Starstripe wrote:
Sebas555 wrote:

You have to turn the grass visuals on in your graphics menu.
Crops are rendered as grass, and when your grass distance is set to 0.00 you wont see them.

Already answered on the other page... but thx anyways! ;)

Return to General Discussion