My game will not start

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Ravenflyte

My game will not start

Post by Ravenflyte » 29 Mar 2015, 16:19

I've just got the game, and I ran it for the initial setup which is did, and then it instantly closed down. Now whenever I try and play it, it doesn't do anything. My friends say that is says I've started playing the game and then instantly i'm off it. I've looked online and tried reinstalling the C++ Visual files etc and I have also tried deleting the daemon file and verifying the game cache. I have tried updating my graphics card, and my friend has even sent me his whole Life is feudal file which i pasted into my SteamApps common file, it works for him but the same setup doesn't work for me.

I'm not really sure what else I can do but any help would be greatly appreciated. PC Specs and settings below.

Spoiler

I'm sorry if you don't need all this but I have really tried everything and its bugging me because I haven't played it 1 bit yet. My friend just told me to paste this in.

Thanks for any help :)

Ravenflyte

Re: My game will not start

Post by Ravenflyte » 31 Mar 2015, 07:41

I found a solution!! :)

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own

^It might be different for some people but I think this is the default directory.

Then find the file called "yo_cm_client".

Right click that > Properties > Compatability

Check the box saying "Run this in compatablility mode for:
Windox XP (Service Pack 2)

I also checked "Run this program as an Administrator" and it worked! :)

Return to General Discussion