A Better World :-D

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Dalorath

A Better World :-D

Post by Dalorath » 27 Apr 2015, 10:49

Hello all,

I would like to sugjest that the creation of NPC workers be introduced into the game once all the connection buggs and mine decay are solved. Each Npc, would be some character you encounter in the world that you hire for whatever reason. I could hire an NPC to terraform an area based on a observe type menu i layout of an area for him to opperate and to what levels where... I could hire npcs from a mercenary camp to man the walls and gates of my castle when... I could Build NPC trader stands for sale, and random traveling npc or player merchants could buy or rent my stands and trade goods through them...

So many more ideas are probably possible along these lines of thinking... What do you guys think and what other aditions would you like to see if this was all made real??

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: A Better World :-D

Post by Hoshiqua » 27 Apr 2015, 11:32

It has been said hundreds of times, there won't be ANY NPCs into the game except for a few NPC merchants in the central city and some native savages in mines, to scare off unsuspecting miners. They won't drop anything.

This is a 100% player driven game, let it stay like it !

Dalorath

Post by Dalorath » 27 Apr 2015, 12:10

Said by you. and perhaps your correct about it being said in other threads, but i Still belive these are valid aditions for a world of ever expanding MMO style Long Term Gaming :-D

I for one, Hate the concept of loosing all the EPIC terraforming layouts I design, but its worth it if I know that the game can becomes something better one day :-D

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 27 Apr 2015, 13:34

Why do you want NPCs if what you want them to do can be done by a group of players ? That is what I don't understand.

And no, not only said by me, but said by a lot of others, and the devs themselves.

Dalorath

Post by Dalorath » 27 Apr 2015, 14:11

Well, the reason I think that NPC characters would be a good adition to the game, is because each character could be an individual, with his own stats and skills, and his own alignment settigns that might interact with yours better when you talk to him... He might be more or less prone to helping you, and there could be a loyalty meter too that goes up and down for each player with each npc they meet... This could create Amazing amounts of Diversity for players online, offline, In groups, Solo, ect... :beer:

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 27 Apr 2015, 14:27

This is gonna be a MMO, so there won't be offline mode or solo mode. Plus, what you described with the relations between NPCs and players.. are pretty much relations between players and players. Why spend so much server ressources needed to make NPCs do their stuff, when those ressources could be spent increasing the max player amount before it starts lagging ?

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Post by LordWiese » 27 Apr 2015, 19:21

Can we burn the NPC heretics? :evil:

Dalorath

Post by Dalorath » 27 Apr 2015, 23:25

The realationships people form with Inatimate NOPC characters or ideas, create the idea

Return to Suggestions and Ideas