Bounty Hunting?

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Arrakis

Re: Bounty Hunting?

Post by Arrakis » 03 Jan 2014, 20:54

Dailato wrote:I can't remember exactly where it was mentioned (some post on these forums I believe) but the maximum skill-point loss at lowest levels of alignment would be about half your total skillpoints (500), which considering the time involved with grinding them back up, will, unless you are fairly effective with 0 skillpoints, disincentivice killers from maintaining their existance for very long, or outside of large, organized gank-groups that simply never or at least very rarely die.

This last one is honestly something I fear more than random gankers, organized griefers extorting smaller entities with brute force of numbers. I'm hoping to organize the more civilized players to act against this but as to how many are even interested in doing such...? Open world pvp does have a nasty tendency for attracting the worst kinds of bullies hoping to live out their power-fantasies.

But such is the way of things, life is feudal and all that.

Yours truly -The Pope

Well you can be sure about one thing, after some time guild will only care about their survival and advancement, a rule 'every man for himself' will come to life and well, gankers who dont give a crap about negative alignment will just go on and have fun until they finally get killed and ragequit forever.

There will be guys assaulting people, but karma will catch them eventually thanks to the system developed here, I doubt people will risk dropping to -50 alignment knowing what will happen then. And to be honest groups of gankers will have to be really, really large to actually be able to bully people, because even knockdown with a mace or hammer will give negative alignment points, a lot less than a kill, but it will.

People will care about clan wars, not random pvp where both sides lose no matter what you do.

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 04 Jan 2014, 10:16

Well guys I hope You're right. I hope the system will prevent most of senseless bullying :beer: Does anyone remember if Bobik mentioned, how many alignment will You get for killing an innocent person? Or that isn't decided just yet?
QUAERO TOTUS

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 04 Jan 2014, 10:44

Dailato wrote:I can't remember exactly where it was mentioned (some post on these forums I believe) but the maximum skill-point loss at lowest levels of alignment would be about half your total skillpoints (500), which considering the time involved with grinding them back up, will, unless you are fairly effective with 0 skillpoints, disincentivice killers from maintaining their existance for very long, or outside of large, organized gank-groups that simply never or at least very rarely die.

This last one is honestly something I fear more than random gankers, organized griefers extorting smaller entities with brute force of numbers. I'm hoping to organize the more civilized players to act against this but as to how many are even interested in doing such...? Open world pvp does have a nasty tendency for attracting the worst kinds of bullies hoping to live out their power-fantasies.

Yours truly -The Pope

Bullies are prominent because a game like this is designed for pvp. People are literally gaining skills and making things to eventually pvp. The alignment system is supposed to put in the risk vs reward mentality. You can raise your alignment by praying or whatever so everyone is free to find a balance of getting kills yet not dropping to low alignment.

I guarantee raiding is going to be a prominent role in PvP even before any wars are started. If you do get locked to -50 alignment once you hit it I do support that as a harsh enough penalty for random pking. From my experience the best pkers rarely get caught anyways.

The most prominent deterrent of course is clans working together to police there lands which only adds to the politics of the game. If a guy with -50 alignment loses half his skill points on death he will have to choose if entering the kingdom that has him on a KOS list is worth the risk or not.

Basically we just need to know exactly how much of a hit you will take for murder to see if it's enough to prevent constant killing. People will get murdered it's just a question of how often that will occur.

Anyways wasn't this thread about bounty hunting? Like I said ebfore there should be the ability to write on a paper adn the ability to collect a head or something with the dead guys name on it.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 04 Jan 2014, 10:58

Proximo wrote:

Yours truly -The Pope

Bullies are prominent because a game like this is designed for pvp. People are literally gaining skills and making things to eventually pvp. The alignment system is supposed to put in the risk vs reward mentality. You can raise your alignment by praying or whatever so everyone is free to find a balance of getting kills yet not dropping to low alignment.

I guarantee raiding is going to be a prominent role in PvP even before any wars are started. If you do get locked to -50 alignment once you hit it I do support that as a harsh enough penalty for random pking. From my experience the best pkers rarely get caught anyways.

The most prominent deterrent of course is clans working together to police there lands which only adds to the politics of the game. If a guy with -50 alignment loses half his skill points on death he will have to choose if entering the kingdom that has him on a KOS list is worth the risk or not.

Basically we just need to know exactly how much of a hit you will take for murder to see if it's enough to prevent constant killing. People will get murdered it's just a question of how often that will occur.

Anyways wasn't this thread about bounty hunting? Like I said ebfore there should be the ability to write on a paper adn the ability to collect a head or something with the dead guys name on it.

That is really the best way of bounty hunting. You get put on a guild KOS list when your infamy gets too high.

As mentioned it is often only the best pkers who can manage to play with a criminal system, so I would deem them worthy of bounty hunting. I am afraid of a bounty hunting system to be abused in killing just anyone with low alignment, or something along those lines.

Oh and we should do remember that murder isn't the only PvP option available. There is a much lower penalty for knocking people on their ass and looting them, for instance.
So maybe you won't get killed by every person you meet, but be sure to get atleast knocked on your ass now and then.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 04 Jan 2014, 15:09

Sting5 wrote:Well guys I hope You're right. I hope the system will prevent most of senseless bullying :beer: Does anyone remember if Bobik mentioned, how many alignment will You get for killing an innocent person? Or that isn't decided just yet?

I talked with Bobik about that and he gave me precise answer:

-3 alignment for knockout
-10 for a murder

So if you kill 5 people in a row.. Well, you're screwed for life, but knocking out is more safe and will be propably practiced often by big groups.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 04 Jan 2014, 15:16

Arrakis09 wrote:
Sting5 wrote:Well guys I hope You're right. I hope the system will prevent most of senseless bullying :beer: Does anyone remember if Bobik mentioned, how many alignment will You get for killing an innocent person? Or that isn't decided just yet?

I talked with Bobik about that and he gave me precise answer:

-10 for a murder

So if you kill 5 people in a row.. Well, you're screwed for life, but knocking out is more safe and will be propably practiced often by big groups.

unless you have higher than 0 alignment of course. Plus -50 doesn't mean your screwed just have a penalty for dieing.

Is there a flagging system? If murderers attacks me and I have to kill 5 men to stay alive do I get penalized?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 04 Jan 2014, 16:09

Proximo wrote:unless you have higher than 0 alignment of course. Plus -50 doesn't mean your screwed just have a penalty for dieing.

Is there a flagging system? If murderers attacks me and I have to kill 5 men to stay alive do I get penalized?

I don't think there can be positive alignment, or there can be, but still, murder gives you 10 negative alignment points, so 5 murders in a row puts you on very difficult position as a lifetime murderer.

You get penalty at each situation when you in particular are the attacker for another player, if you strike the first blow at certain player then system considers you as an attacker and you receive a penalty.

So you actually have to receive a first blow from your attacker to be able to freely kill him without receiving any penalty for murder, but I guess if you are attacked by 5 people and each one strikes one time at you then.. well.. you will be pretty much dead, or at least damaged enough to be harmless for them.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 05 Jan 2014, 03:48

Arrakis09 wrote:
Proximo wrote:unless you have higher than 0 alignment of course. Plus -50 doesn't mean your screwed just have a penalty for dieing.

I don't think there can be positive alignment, or there can be, but still, murder gives you 10 negative alignment points, so 5 murders in a row puts you on very difficult position as a lifetime murderer.

You get penalty at each situation when you in particular are the attacker for another player, if you strike the first blow at certain player then system considers you as an attacker and you receive a penalty.

So you actually have to receive a first blow from your attacker to be able to freely kill him without receiving any penalty for murder, but I guess if you are attacked by 5 people and each one strikes one time at you then.. well.. you will be pretty much dead, or at least damaged enough to be harmless for them.

There is the ability to block attacks right? manual block like in mount and blade. I assume the flagging system will work if you block a strike aswell.

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 07 Jan 2014, 21:47

Arrakis09 wrote:I talked with Bobik about that and he gave me precise answer:
-10 for a murder

Thanks for the quote and info Arrakis! exactly what I needed to know :good:

I'm wondering if killing a player with negative alignment will make Your alignment positive? For example if a bandit kills You, he gets -10, and if You kill a bandit with negative alignment, You get +10?
QUAERO TOTUS

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 07 Jan 2014, 22:43

Sadly, nope. You don't get bonuses for killing someone with negative alignement... Only way to raise your alignement is piety...

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 10 Jan 2014, 04:42

Demonic wrote:Sadly, nope. You don't get bonuses for killing someone with negative alignement... Only way to raise your alignement is piety...
Well, then Bobik should consider encouraging prosecution of people with negative alignment somehow. Bounties sounds nice, restoring Your own alignment by killing players with negative alignment sounds also nice... Killing bad guys is also a form of repent, right?
QUAERO TOTUS

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 10 Jan 2014, 05:24

Wrong. Killing is always a crime. Despite his alignment, if a person is not criminal at current state, you can't kill him with no consequences for your own karma. So one can be a badass of badasses, and he will suffer once he is killed, yet if you kill him while he is peaceful to you, you will loose karma as well. And while the only way to restore karma is to pray, and it takes about 1 week to recover from a killing blow, it sounds fair.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 10 Jan 2014, 10:22

Well, actually the MOST badass and evil characters will be tagged as EVIL (Red). That means you can kill them on sight without fear of loosing alignment. BUT that will not raise your alignment, to prevent alignment farming.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 10 Jan 2014, 15:26

Bobik wrote:Well, actually the MOST badass and evil characters will be tagged as EVIL (Red). That means you can kill them on sight without fear of loosing alignment. BUT that will not raise your alignment, to prevent alignment farming.

Hmh... makes sense... Someone with really bad reputation usually makes it to the gossips...

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 10 Jan 2014, 16:29

Bobik wrote:Well, actually the MOST badass and evil characters will be tagged as EVIL (Red). That means you can kill them on sight without fear of loosing alignment. BUT that will not raise your alignment, to prevent alignment farming.

I REALLY like that, I was worried if there will be some penalty for killing such people, but fortunatly I can knock them out, stab them and kill them however I want ^^

These guys will really have hard times trying to survive if not careful. :evil:

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 10 Jan 2014, 17:12

Hm do I assume right that alignement limit from which you can't go back and the point where you turn red are exactly the same (-50 alignement)? =^.^=

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 11 Jan 2014, 15:55

Demonic wrote:Hm do I assume right that alignement limit from which you can't go back and the point where you turn red are exactly the same (-50 alignement)? =^.^=

Assume? no I think that's what he said exactly.

-50 means your a permanent murderer and your name turns red.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas