[Tool] Your Own Mod - Now with melee weapon damage support!

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Ylva

Re: [Tool] Your Own Mod

Post by Ylva » 18 Feb 2015, 20:41

Hey, I was wondering if things like the day night schedule and possibly weather might be added to this modding tool?

Remystemple

Post by Remystemple » 22 Feb 2015, 00:23

day night cycle is controlled in basic game config. a gm could control weather using /weather fair cloudy or rain.

but messing with the weather cycles can be bad for growth.

Throne

Post by Throne » 10 Mar 2015, 14:30

Editing the container size for the warehouses doesn't appear to work. I've tried upping it from 3000 to 9000 and 30000 and neither are sticking. Conversely, container size for coop was doubled and worked fine.

Gms0012

Post by Gms0012 » 17 Mar 2015, 19:22

i have a question...

must the client really be updated too???

is it not enough, if i only update the database where our server runs?

for example.. i just want to change the store limit of some things...

the clients use the remote db too,,, why cant i only change the things there?

thanks

Garvony

Post by Garvony » 22 Mar 2015, 21:50

What would i put as my "host" if im trying to work with this from a private server im hosting locally? ive tried using my own IP as i believe that i am the "host" in this case but it doesnt seem to work?

any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Razoreqx

Post by Razoreqx » 09 Apr 2015, 05:32

Just a note. I attempted to use this tool to add player vendors. When the patch runs on the client side it corrupted the game.

I was able to edit my client manually, changing the asset value on the Merchant building with the new ID's to the appropriate tables, and it functioned perfectly as intended.
As far as I can tell I would have to create a custom client for players to download to add this functionality. A bit disappointing.

Question:
Is there a scheduled date for the API release and will the API be able to call graphic assets from the mod folder? UI menu's, models, and custom textures.

Thanks.
Razors Edge
A Life is Feudal Persistent World
http://razors-edge.org
22 Custom MODS / Custom Graphics models Planned. Visit our Gallery.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [Tool] Your Own Mod - Now with melee weapon damage suppo

Post by Maegfaer » 08 May 2015, 10:15

UPDATE - 8 May 2015 :Yahoo!:
You can now mod melee weapon damage and wounds. These are server-side only changes, so your players don't need to download (new) files for damage and wound changes to work!

To make clear which statistics are server-side only changes, those are now displayed in bold text in the application.

Stay tuned for further weapon support, including creation of completely new weapons! (The latter will require client-side changes as well though.)

Check the original post for an updated download link!
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 08 May 2015, 10:19

Throne wrote:Editing the container size for the warehouses doesn't appear to work. I've tried upping it from 3000 to 9000 and 30000 and neither are sticking. Conversely, container size for coop was doubled and worked fine.

Did you append the contents from the generated mod.sql file to the patch.sql file on your server? If not, a previous official patch will keep overwriting the changes of your database.

In addition, client-side files need to be updated as well for the container size changes to work.

Garvony wrote:What would i put as my "host" if im trying to work with this from a private server im hosting locally? ive tried using my own IP as i believe that i am the "host" in this case but it doesnt seem to work?

any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried 127.0.01? It's the default the application takes.
My Modding Guide

Gms0012

Post by Gms0012 » 08 May 2015, 10:32

cool. will test the update later :)
great work

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 24 May 2015, 15:21

Hey ! I have a problem : When I set the DB informations and then the client folder on the software, I click "ok" and then it says "read database" and it just stops working. It keeps running but it seems to be endlessly stuck at that point.

NavyS34l

Post by NavyS34l » 11 Jul 2015, 03:57

So I tried to add my BlackBox server to this and after entering the information and press 'OK' the window just blinks and resets to default. I have tried the serverIP:port

Ports tried (Connection Port, DB port, FTP port, Query port)

They all seem to have the same result. I double checked the username and password again, which with entered in plain text is easy enough to review.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Or is this strictly to make changes locally and then upload?

Malkom
Beta Tester

Post by Malkom » 17 Aug 2015, 04:12

This tool is obsolete. Wrong code file leads to incorrect display of armor and much more. :(

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 17 Aug 2015, 19:59

Malkom wrote:This tool is obsolete. Wrong code file leads to incorrect display of armor and much more. :(

I'm in the process of updating it.
My Modding Guide

Zak_Preston
True Believer

Post by Zak_Preston » 09 Sep 2015, 10:32

Hello! How can I mod weapon damage values manually? I'd also like to fix bow's and x-bow's projectile drop to pre-nerf values. Could you please help me?

Bogu

Re: [Tool] Your Own Mod - Now with melee weapon damage support!

Post by Bogu » 17 Oct 2015, 10:42

Hi.
When i make a changes after connecting to database (doesn't metter if with your instruction and program or just tru navicat), after restarting, server seems to replace all the changes for standard.

Where i make mistake? I did everythink like instruction is sayin (together with patch changes and mod copying)

Malkom
Beta Tester

Post by Malkom » 17 Oct 2015, 13:26

Bogu wrote:Hi.
When i make a changes after connecting to database (doesn't metter if with your instruction and program or just tru navicat), after restarting, server seems to replace all the changes for standard.

Where i make mistake? I did everythink like instruction is sayin (together with patch changes and mod copying)

After each restart, the server starts a file "dump.sql" that is likely and rolls back your changes.

Bogu

Post by Bogu » 17 Oct 2015, 13:48

Malkom wrote:
Bogu wrote:Hi.

After each restart, the server starts a file "dump.sql" that is likely and rolls back your changes.

Thank you man! That was it! I delete the file and everything work as it should be ;)

Ghost_swe79
True Believer

Post by Ghost_swe79 » 04 Nov 2015, 10:47

Hello

Im trying to connect to a BF server and when choosing select your game client’s folder:

It loads but instantly chrashes for some reason? anyone have a clue whats up with that?

Fodda
True Believer

Post by Fodda » 27 Nov 2015, 08:37

hi
Is this Tool still functional after the latest updates?

I have just downloaded it and inputting the server credentials goes fine, it crashes after selecting my client game folder though

any ideas?

NVA_Lee22

Post by NVA_Lee22 » 28 Nov 2015, 18:41

I have the same problem that it crashes after selecting the client folder :(

I tried to run as admin and set the compability to xp and win7.
I have Win 8.1 64bit.

LadyCaticornx3

Post by LadyCaticornx3 » 20 Dec 2015, 01:20

I have the same problem as the other few that posted before me. I open the program, fill in username/password, etc, select client folder, and then it immediately crashes after selecting the folder. I've also tried running it as the administrator and changing the compatibility mode to different things, and nothing fixes it. I have Windows 8, 64x.
I'm thinking the tool probably needs an update? I hope something is done to make it work again.

Lofwyr

Post by Lofwyr » 21 Dec 2015, 16:47

Same crash here at selecting game folder.

Win 10, 64bit System. If u need more info, just tell me and ill try to get them ;-)

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 31 Mar 2016, 08:44

Use tihs PAtch File and open with admin rights. :good:

Maegfaer wrote:SKuDD3r, would you be so kind to give this patch a try before I update the main download? Thanks!

Alcoi

Post by Alcoi » 03 Jul 2016, 12:23

Dont work! Freeze on "loading objects" and error then.
Checked on XP, win7 x32, win10 x64.
But XPpatch work on all systems.

Iomega0318

Post by Iomega0318 » 11 Jan 2017, 01:16

So just wondering, is this still being worked on?

I can use the program fine and it runs on Windows 10 - 64 bit with no issues and I created an item pretty easily. However the files that are exported are outdated including the server SQL files so unless we know how to merge said files and modify the SQL Query then this has basically become useless..

Just thought I would check on it and let you know the file set and database queries are out of date, I would love to see an update on this!

Thank you!

Akarolle

Post by Akarolle » 02 Apr 2017, 14:26

Hello, is this tool supposed to work with current version?

I've followed the guide, both server and client side files are replaced, also checked that the values are correct in the db. In-game I can se the updated storage values, but can't store more then default value.

Also there seems to be a error in the export of the skill_types.xml file, every skill lacks the value <autorepeat>possible</autorepeat>, which now means no skill in the game has the "mass produce" option.

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 02 Apr 2017, 18:24

Akarolle wrote:Hello, is this tool supposed to work with current version?

I've followed the guide, both server and client side files are replaced, also checked that the values are correct in the db. In-game I can se the updated storage values, but can't store more then default value.

Also there seems to be a error in the export of the skill_types.xml file, every skill lacks the value <autorepeat>possible</autorepeat>, which now means no skill in the game has the "mass produce" option.

This program no longer really works with the current version, it has not been updated in a very long time and its author doesn't really play life is feudal anymore.

Akarolle

Post by Akarolle » 03 Apr 2017, 07:31

Alakar wrote:
This program no longer really works with the current version, it has not been updated in a very long time and its author doesn't really play life is feudal anymore.

Ok, maybe we can get a moderator to lock this thread or atleast unpin it.

DandyDev

Post by DandyDev » 30 Sep 2022, 12:27

Hello, does anyone have this tool? I want to update it to the current version, but I can't access the files, the Google Drive is closed.

Return to Game mods