More wall shapes

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Stahlslacks

More wall shapes

Post by Stahlslacks » 19 May 2015, 14:40

It would be nice to have a greater variety of walls. Maybe one that has battlements on both sides and one without?

Just encountered this when i was trying to have a length of the wall come out with a tower on the end. The wall only had protection from ballistics from one direction.

Also concerning the short wall. I personally would like it if the simple stone wall ( the knee height one) dont take up a tile. I have one around my monument and i cant pave those tiles. Ruining the look of my village square :/

Cowboy124aa

Re: More wall shapes

Post by Cowboy124aa » 28 May 2015, 08:56

+1 would like this also, but you have to remember that most of the medieval castles used landscape more then they built redoubts. Building these things in that time meant they would have to pay the workers more wages and in that time they were very frugal with their gold. The less they had to pay people the happier the kinds were.

Airco

Post by Airco » 30 May 2015, 07:46

true bhut wealthy kingdom's went for looks and high quality not like modern junk
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

El_fu

Post by El_fu » 02 Jun 2015, 10:33

II strongly support this Request.

Currently it is nearly impossible to build a concave corner in a good design or shape.
There are just a view ways to do that. In the first option the builder is forced to use a diagonal wall segment to connect the rectangular lines of wall segemt's, but with a basement without any use, and a bad look.
The second option is to build a reverse 'stone angular tower' into that gap. But in this scenario the tower roof top is facing the opposite direction.
And this Problem will become more worse, if you want to build a wall consisting of tow blocks width. In this case, the builder have to block his defense walk with a basement.

For concave corner I would suggest a as first solution a 'inverse stone angular tower'.
As second solution a option feature for basements in the building view (for walls), where the builder can activate or deactivate the basement.
And you can use this additional 'option feature' to reduce the list of buildings. For example, you can use this feature to toggle between inner/outer [Tower/Gatehouse] or ordinary/inverse [Wall-Stairway/Angular Tower] or [Towers/Walls] with/without a roof, and so on ...

I suggest these feature for all kinds of stone walls and Towers. And I recommend a proper solution for wooden wall ways around any type of corner and a proper slope solution.
Otherwise all plain designed castles (with out basement faults) will look like a Roman military camp, ... not very medieval :)

Anyway, you shall also think of round wall corners (concave & convex) and and curved wall segments, too. Have a closer look at this link, 'http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_wall'. As you can see, on early medieval defense buildings. At that time, no one was using a ruler, a plumb-line or a spirit level. They used there eyes and a thumb to get a direction.
If you want to create a medieval atmosphere, you shall keep that in mind.

Cowboy124aa

Post by Cowboy124aa » 15 Jun 2015, 02:37

Airco wrote:true bhut wealthy kingdom's went for looks and high quality not like modern junk

Not true, most kingdoms went for cheap alternative solutions that would save them money, the castles that did go for looks usually ended up bankrupt, and ended up abandoning the castle system entirely.
If you look at many of the castles that are still standing in England they are rather simple in design and function, with a few exception of course.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas