General Feedback

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

CT-

General Feedback

Post by CT- » 25 Jul 2015, 06:08

I want to preface this post by saying, I’m loving this game. For a game at such an early stage, it’s going really well. But there are some issues I want to address, and I sincerely hope a Dev reads this, because I honestly do think these points are important, or I wouldn’t waste my time and that of others putting it here…

Realism vs a Game
I recognise that efforts are being made to make the game as realistic as possible within the framework of a game, and that that effort is being focused on trying to keep things from being too easy specifically. I get it, it makes sense and I think it’s a good thing. But there’s a couple of areas where this could be improved.

Farming
This is one of my biggest gripes, honestly. I appreciate the forethought that’s gone into farming in the game. But good god, you do realise that crops don’t simply vanish if they’re not harvested right on time right? I mean, I grew up in an area for example, which was a major Wheat Farming area. Wheat doesn’t just disappear if it’s not harvested. Sure, it degrades and turns wild over time, but crops can still be harvested and a decent yield can be taken for weeks and even months after it’s matured. To have it literally disappear in the game if it isn’t harvested, is ridiculous. The other fault with it, is yield. It’s way too low. Think about it: If it only takes one germinated seed to grow a plant, and said plant once matured produces somewhere around 1-3 seeds in an average yield, then there’s something wrong. Yield needs to be seriously boosted. Real Wheat produces around 30-40 seeds per individual pod, so come on guys. As for Straw yield, even if the plant is way past its optimal harvesting date, the straw is still there, for a very, very long time. Again, realism vs gaming. This needs some attention.

Building Decay
Today, my Blacksmith Building became broken. Which I found really interesting, since I’d made a bunch of tools and armour in it, sure, but for it to literally break? Come on. There are still forges in the world today that date back over 400 years. Now, applying that time scale, how is it that this forge that is maybe 8 days old in the real world (and probably 3-4 times that in game time) could break? Creating tools, weapons, or armour should have no effect on the buildings durability. That’s just silly.

Content
I’m not going to bitch too much here, I promise. Because I think there’s honestly already some great stuff in this game, and I think you guys are doing good work. But prioritising putting in female characters (which I bet are just as capable as the existing characters, yeah I said it), over putting in simple things like the ability to mount Wall Sconces, or sit in a chair, seems like pandering to me. Sounds more like a politically based decision than anything to do that now, rather than work on say, oh I don’t know, making it a little easier to recognise a herb visually rather than having to collect everything and put it into a Mortar and Pestle before I can see what it is and if it’ll produce Flux. Which leads me to…

Flux
This bit is a bit silly. Medieval Mortar was basically dirt and water when you get right down to it. It didn’t need some magical herb added to it. Now, I get it, I do. You want to make it hard. You want to make Alchemy relevant, I get it. But the idea of needing Flux for building structures, or for making Steel, is just silly, come on guys. Want it to be hard? Want it to be realistic? Ok, how about instead of needing some herb, you make the components for buildings different quantities? The Large Stable has a floor of Wooden Boards, yet needs none in its construction components. Look around the desigm, and you’ll see plant fibre used to tie beams together, yet needs none in it’s construction. It has a straw roof, but only needs 250 Straw in its construction. See where this is going?

I think this game is great, I really do. I’ve played it for way more hours a day, every day for two weeks, than my wife would like. I think this game has enormous potential, and in most ways, it’s headed in the right directions. But some things are a bit broken at the moment, and some things are just silly. Overall, I’d say you’re doing great work though, keep it up :beer:

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: General Feedback

Post by Hoshiqua » 25 Jul 2015, 21:23

+258453612865184416781502

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 04 Aug 2015, 21:28

Great feedback, hope it gets read

CT-

Post by CT- » 05 Aug 2015, 05:25

Macpharlan wrote:Great feedback, hope it gets read

Thanks! We can only hope. They don't seem to acknowledge these sorts of posts very often, which is a bit of a shame :Search:

Gork

Post by Gork » 05 Aug 2015, 06:07

So much grinding in this game! What about that mining lag/infinity pile thing? Two serious bugs(or features?), not fixed yet. Or that silly animal AI(no reaction on arrow hitting)? You can't place items in higher levels of your buildings! Unmounting horse in foreign claim or water...

Flux is just a disaster, but can be handled with server modification(recipes).

DarkKnyte

Post by DarkKnyte » 06 Aug 2015, 04:29

OP, Agree with a lot of what you were saying. I will say that to at least one female gamer, not looking like a dude was at the top of her list. It was important to me because it was important to her. She was genuinely super excited to roll a chick. It was important, and needed to at least be an option a lot sooner.

That said, the issue shouldn't be between girls or lights. It should be that in general, it's taking too long to fix what seem like basic issues such as a freaking floor lamp. Or reversing/balancing the lamp & lamp posts.

Honestly, I'm so damn tired of the endless left clicking for what should be auto-repeat optional. Grass, crafting (save forge), herbs?! The freaking herbs will auto repeat for the part you don't want it to, like revealing the herbs, but each plant is a real PITA to get to and harvest for a single lousy herb with a barely 10% chance of being what you want. Ridiculous!

Less Herbs with more effects. 5x the quantity, luck bonus is 10x normal quantity. It's an extremely 'un-fun' mechanic that is only used because it's forced. Napthla should be replaced with fish oil, and Flux with Carbon, Slag, or even Bone Glue depending on use.

Medieval Steel is literally carbonized or de-carbonized iron (depending on source).

Gork wrote:So much grinding in this game! What about that mining lag/infinity pile thing? Two serious bugs(or features?), not fixed yet. Or that silly animal AI(no reaction on arrow hitting)? You can't place items in higher levels of your buildings! Unmounting horse in foreign claim or water...

Flux is just a disaster, but can be handled with server modification(recipes).

I've got at least 5 different tunnels dug on my server, no server lag, no serious visual lag when walking past either. Not really seeing the issue people are crying about. Also, just finished a wooden keep, was able to place furniture (3 pieces) on the second level with no problem.

Agree the animal "Absent Intelligence" needs a ton of work. Freaking boars fall asleep while goring me. :shock: :ROFL:

GameOpinions

Post by GameOpinions » 14 Aug 2015, 16:33

I will have to say that a much better system for getting flux would be the ability to grow your herbs. After I find herbs I should be able to reproduce them and obtain higher quality yields. Currently as it stand I can only get whatever quality is found growing wild. Which for the most part is very low quality. DEVS, you will have a much happier community of players if you would do this.

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 14 Aug 2015, 17:15

GameOpinions wrote:I will have to say that a much better system for getting flux would be the ability to grow your herbs. After I find herbs I should be able to reproduce them and obtain higher quality yields. Currently as it stand I can only get whatever quality is found growing wild. Which for the most part is very low quality. DEVS, you will have a much happier community of players if you would do this.

There actually are ways to get 100 quality and near 100 quality herbs all the time actually you just have to find them.

-Alakar

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 16 Aug 2015, 20:54

I agree about the flux, as it is right now it just seems like an artificial way to make herborists useful.
Spoiler

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 Aug 2015, 15:20

Alakarsiann wrote:
GameOpinions wrote:I will have to say that a much better system for getting flux would be the ability to grow your herbs. After I find herbs I should be able to reproduce them and obtain higher quality yields. Currently as it stand I can only get whatever quality is found growing wild. Which for the most part is very low quality. DEVS, you will have a much happier community of players if you would do this.

There actually are ways to get 100 quality and near 100 quality herbs all the time actually you just have to find them.

-Alakar

Indeed - just have to find high quality soil. Which should be an ability, rather than forcing players to dig it up for examination.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Feedback Section