Eons pass, people don't change

Why this game is better than any other.
SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Eons pass, people don't change

Post by SirWinston » 18 Aug 2015, 10:25

You probably heard of the city of Pompeii that disapeared when the volcano nearby erupted in August 79. The city is also well known for the petrified bodies that were found still in the same position they were when the ashes came down on the city.

Archeologists also found a lot of graffitis on the walls of the city. Not with paint like nowadays but engraved in the rock.

Here is a website with a few of those graffitis:
http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Anci ... ompeii.htm

What I think is really funny is that this may have been written nearly 2000 years ago, but I'll be damned if it doesn't look like my facebook wall or twitter posts.
Time passes, people don't change. :ROFL:

A few of my favorites:
I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.

#bar #bff
If they could have taken a selfie and tagged themselves on it they would have.

I.2.23 (peristyle of the Tavern of Verecundus); 3951: Restitutus says: “Restituta, take off your tunic, please, and show us your hairy privates”.

II.2.1 (Bar of Astylus and Pardalus); 8408: Lovers are like bees in that they live a honeyed life

"So deep maaaan, you'll get tons of likes with this!"

Herculaneum (bar/inn joined to the maritime baths); 10675: Two friends were here. While they were, they had bad service in every way from a guy named Epaphroditus. They threw him out and spent 105 and half sestertii most agreeably on whores.

"Service sucks, prepare for bad review on Google+ and TripAdvisor" :lol:
Spoiler

Return to Off Topic