Role playing in LiF

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!
Greatjon

Re: Role playing in LiF

Post by Greatjon » 17 Feb 2015, 05:00

Jesus, it has taken me 7 months to read through this entire thread,,,, so much RP to get past, and so much hostility about such a simple topic. i think i am reviving so many threads as well ( sorry about that, just thought i would get my 2cents in).
So about that RP buisness. In my kingdom i am known as the RP Killer trying to force my soldiers to play in reality, but really at the end of the day there is 1 very simple way to look at it, if you want to RP go ahead and do it, and if some ass tries to kill you by "running you threw" then you just need to ensure you have enough protection to prevent them from killing you.(i.e KINGDOM OF WESTEROS)

Any guy who is also annoyed with RP, well then the solution for you is also easy, just kill the person and be on about your day as you drink a mountain dew and return into your basement dwellings in IDAHO. (no offence IDAHO people).

Either way my suggestion is get good with a weapon to protect yourself or find a big guild to join if you are worried about annoying players in LIF.

Commander Harold Godwinson

Order of the Knights Templar

Varya

Post by Varya » 27 Aug 2015, 03:49

I just bought the game and I am an experienced immersive roleplayer. I love to create or be part of interesting storylines that give your PvE/PvP/Crafting/Whatever a real purpose, and makes playing the game much more fun, instead of just the typical "tavern chit chat roleplay".

While I'm still looking to get better acquainted with the game itself and find a server/guild to stick with, please IM me whoever is like-minded and would like to get some good long-term RP done together ;3

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 29 Aug 2015, 23:53

RP is almost impossible with the game in it's current state, simply because of the uncertainty with private hosted servers. Also with a 64 Player cap most guilds that go on an individual server will only be able to RP within that group and that's no fun. The best RP interactions in my opinion is when it is done unexpectedly with strangers. So I would advice you to simply wait for the MMO as that game will be an RPer's wet dream. Especially when it come's to global politics.

Surrix
Alpha Tester

Post by Surrix » 07 Jan 2016, 07:14

I have since long been looking for a decent game to really RP.
Started off on Adellion (Legends of Aryiure), I ended here.
But are there actually communities RP'ing at this moment?
Are there specific servers?
Please no attacks on the RP matter any more. That has no use.
We will RP, on a password protected server with only RP'ers.
Stalin: "RP? I have known thousands who didn't like it. Now they are not here anymore."
My mom: "RP? I'm sure my son doesn't do that, mister!"

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Jan 2016, 18:13

There are multiple forms of RP, so it depends on what you are looking for. I would recommend you look at various guilds to see what they declare as their preferred RP style.

For example, in the Duchy Of Wessex His Majesty has publicly stated our role play style (http://duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?6-What-form-does-quot-role-quot-play-take) going all the way back to the original Darkfall. Here is an excerp:

Think of it - we have all of these roles from medieval society actually doing their real jobs in game. This will make a setting for us where, when we talk about "Sir Cennic of Clogrotto", we will not just be saying needless fluff, but will actually being communicating real and necessary information: for example, that Cennic is a knight with certain privileges, and that if you look at Clogrotto on the map, with all of the resources we gather from there, he is in charge of it. Sir Cennic can play a very good role as a knight by directing his villeins to gather those resources well, and outfitting himself for battle and winning for us. If he has style, he might also do a little "acting" on top of that to make himself more "knightly", but it is secondary and unnecessary overall.

That same style is in place today. I was awarded with the status of 'Baronet', which means I demonstrated skill and dedication in keeping various responsibilities and assets organized for the Duchy of Wessex. It also means that anyone in the guild, or outside the guild for that matter, can come to me as a leader in the guild. If a decision needs to be made it is expected that I will make it and that I will own it.

You will seldom see me RP in local chat though, and you will never hear me RP in TeamSpeak. That's not my forte. In fact, half the time I screw up trying to RP in 'formal' communications. I work at it, but at the end of the day its about getting the job done so that as a guild, we can maximize our fun time in the games we play.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Gwaithmai

Post by Gwaithmai » 18 Feb 2016, 20:41

EU Based Heavy RP server Looking for more players!

If you're looking for an awesome server, using all the latest basil Mods! A really friendly community. Active and unbiased GM's who work hard for the players, building areas for RP and hosting events, then look no further than The Kingdom of Feyrith!

The Kingdom has a capital, farms, settlements and even an Inn!
A hierarchy Lords, ladies and plenty of peasants! It has one thing missing...you!

Come check it out!

kingdom-of-feyrith-hardcore-rp-rp-events-basilmod-t17023/

http://kingdom-of-feyrith.enjin.com/

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Feb 2016, 23:38

Gwaithmai wrote:EU Based Heavy RP server Looking for more players!

If you're looking for an awesome server, using all the latest basil Mods! A really friendly community. Active and unbiased GM's who work hard for the players, building areas for RP and hosting events, then look no further than The Kingdom of Feyrith!

The Kingdom has a capital, farms, settlements and even an Inn!
A hierarchy Lords, ladies and plenty of peasants! It has one thing missing...you!

Come check it out!

kingdom-of-feyrith-hardcore-rp-rp-events-basilmod-t17023/

http://kingdom-of-feyrith.enjin.com/

Mods - Can this post be moved to the guild recruiting section?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics