The herbalist 2.0

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Lex

The herbalist 2.0

Post by Lex » 30 Aug 2015, 21:34

Honestly, this is taken seriously.
Of all the classes available, the herbalist is by far the epitome of boredom. I'm sorry if I used words such sententious, but the evidence of the facts led me to this conclusion only.
Currently the activities of a herbalist (excluding healing) can comfortably play all within a radius of 3 meters. You just have to get close to a piece of grass near the village, and then repeat the same actions for hours. This is probably a death sentence for fun. Things do not improve when you finally open your bag and, equipped with mortars, discover the secrets of herbs and get items that allow you to create potions. Not to mention that even when you finally know the properties of a plant, you will need to continue to collect them all equally and then figure out once you open your bag, if you have something that really serves your purpose. From "nature's lore" to "Alchemy", in a radius of 3 meters.

Let's save this class.
The way I see it, now you should make sure that certain grasses could be harvested mainly or exclusively in certain specific locations of the map (forested area, mountainous area, wetland and so on. More important it is to change the way the seedlings are seen. By using the command "searching for plants", they should appear to us differently depending on our knowledge. The plant is unknown? Appears in a way. We know the plan? Appears differently. Calm down. This is not to mean that there must be a specific image for each plant, it would be a waste of time. But it could at least be grouped into categories (herbs for curative compounds, to improve skills, to obtain flux and naphtha, etc.), so when they appear on the ground we could already have an idea of ​​what we can get more in-depth collecting it.
But the basic point is that as the woodcutter decides whether or not to bring down a tree, depending on the type of wood it needs, so the herbalist should decide whether to harvest the plant depending on your needs. At the time of writing it seems more to collect so many lottery tickets, and good luck to all. Another important thing when it comes to order in their bag, and be able to distinguish at a glance the plants perhaps following the same pattern that should be implemented to collect them. Once we know the plant the edge of the image should change color depending on the group to which it belongs. From my point of view i think it could easily be divided into different categories 6/7. This it would avoid having to put in a mortar to "see" what we should already know.

Objections

Some might argue that over time you learn to recognize the image of the plant, the fact remains that changing the system as suggested, we are facing a more practical solution. Someone is against the practicality? Because I believe that in the Middle Ages people were extremely practical.
But some would argue that in this way it becomes easier for example to determine and then pick up elements of the game that serve in a more advanced stage of the game (such as flux and naphtha). First, the appearance of this type of plants depends on the level of skill, and secondly there is nothing difficult in the realization of the steel bars. Surely it is not difficult for the blacksmith, who only has to insert the various elements and expect to be merged. Producing steel is not a matter of difficulty, it's just a matter of skill to the blacksmith and boredom for the herbalist.

To sum up
If you are among those who think that this class requires a change to be more intuitive and fun to play put a +1 or more importantly, write what you'd like to change. I like the direction in which I suggested to change the craft of the herbalist but after all, someone might have an idea even better than mine. What I consider really important is that there is a positive change in the profile of the functionality and fun.
LiF is still in a stage of evolution. Suggest and direct the development team into something enjoyable and fun right now, is the difference between having a successful game with a good following of players and have a game that will be forgotten in a few years.

Astapor

Re: The herbalist 2.0

Post by Astapor » 31 Aug 2015, 03:37

totally agree. current herbalism is a carebear paradise and it can become boring easily. in my view you should not be able to collect herbs within your walls. as long as you close the perimeter of your village the action should be removed, unless you dont go in the open field. in this way you can give another solid reason to brigands to patrol and ambush people. which means more fun, more rage, more roleplay (yeah..brigand is a way to roleplay).

Return to Suggestions and Ideas