Error: Connection Timed Out

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

DraigBlackWolf

Error: Connection Timed Out

Post by DraigBlackWolf » 28 Aug 2015, 14:14

So I found some older posts on this problem and some in other languages. Maybe this is just a rehash.
My roomie and I play together often and we manage to crash out very frequently with the "Connection Timed Out" thought at first it was our internet speed jacking up or the magic fairies being naughty. Well after fighting our way through the "Tech" Support which consists of some goon in India reading from a book and not having any real knowledge of how routers work. "I am no techie, but I learned how to navigate the damned router homepages back on dial-up" They could offer no help other than resetting the modem and verifying settings that are already setup. So here is the setup.
Download: 115mbps
Upload: 11mbps
We are using a multiband where she is connected to the -5g and I use the regular -bng. We have been assured that we can both be on the -5g band and play with no issues and for all the other games, Diablo 3, Rift, Defiance, Neverwinter, and the like we have no issues. But in LiF it happens all the time.

So is it just bad net, or some thing in the Game load?

Thanks, and hope for some help, we really like this game.

Arrakis

Re: Error: Connection Timed Out

Post by Arrakis » 01 Sep 2015, 13:03

Have you made sure that game is added to the exceptions in your firewall/antivirus so they wouldn't suddenly block you out?

Return to Feedback Section