Silver Sun Republic - Hosting: SSR LifeisRoleplay.com Hyperion Total War RP_PVP

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Radison
Alpha Tester

Silver Sun Republic - Hosting: SSR LifeisRoleplay.com Hyperion Total War RP_PVP

Post by Radison » 19 Dec 2013, 23:32

Vitals

Style: RP-PvP
Structure: Crowned Republic (Renaissance Venice, Florence)
Comms: 512-slot TeamSpeak 3
Server is called: SSR Life is Roleplay RP-PvP
Server password: N/A

Overview

The Silver Sun Republic is an RP-PvP community that has a long and distinguished history serving as the core element of many larger alliances and nations across several different MMOs including Darkfall Online, Age of Conan, Shadowbane, Mortal Online and Planetside.

The purpose of our guild is to provide immersion as it enhances gameplay and not to hold ourselves back by overbearing structures or processes.

We leverage a lot of US Military experience through our membership base and our working partnership with MilitaryGamers.com (community of current and former US Military).

Structure

The Republic is broken up into several Ministries; The Ministry of War exists as the military staff who plan, train and execute military operations; The Ministry of State handles internal matters of government, justice, defense and mentorship of new members; The Executive Ministry handles external matters of government, diplomacy, heraldry, registration of arms and administration of forums and meetings.

Citizens of the Republic also have the opportunity to start or join their own Great Houses that further refine the gameplay or style of a given player. Each greater Noble of the Republic has their own Great House to which others may pledge their loyalty. Other groups may enter the Republic as a House or Great House and retain their own identity.

The social structure of the Republic matches up with our organization and the guild system in Life is Feudal. Those of the landed nobility derive their authority and autonomy through feudal agreements. The non-landed Grandi class may be appointed as governors and mayors on behalf of the feudal lords upon whose lands they govern.

The Military is broken down into the professional military and the militia with everyone contributing in some way to the fight and the community as a whole.

Together with MilitaryGamers.com we've developed Joint Task Force Viper which seeks to leverage the real world military experience between our two communities. It forms the basis for our involvement in PvP and the civil government structure that supports our military efforts. The focus on PvP and the military element lends itself to streamline the civil structure to ensure that we are effective and flexible enough to respond to any emerging threats.

Past Victories

Silver Sun Republic has developed and contributed to many high profile alliances and nations most notably the Kingdom of Hyperion in which we provided the early Command and Control elements to truly dominate the PvP landscape. Our core group was forced into hiatus due to RL military commitments and Hyperion began to dwindle. Our new integration with MilitaryGamers.com will help us employ even more forces on par with our principles of maneuver warfare and flexible control concepts.

In Planetside 2 we've been able to field highly capable forces integrating air and ground assets to provide truly game changing effects. As we develop our own systems and tactics in cooperation with MG we hope to achieve even more impact in the field.

http://www.silversunrepublic.com
Last edited by Radison on 14 Apr 2016, 21:21, edited 14 times in total.
===|Www.Silversunrepublic.com|===

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Re: Silver Sun Republic

Post by Krevente » 19 Dec 2013, 23:44

SSR and MilitaryGamers will be working together in a kingdom-esque setup.

SSR was one of the first to implement and use battle formations in online gaming to great effect. We look forward to figure out how to use them in LiF.

Demiwar
Devoted Believer

Post by Demiwar » 20 Dec 2013, 00:20

Silver Sun Republic is a great group of awesome people. Come join the fun and become part of the gaming family!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Dec 2013, 00:45

Good to see friends of MilitaryGamers ;) I wish you the best here.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 20 Dec 2013, 16:26

Oooooh, Age of Conan! Did you play on Cimmeria?

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 20 Dec 2013, 20:49

Yes sir, we did play on Cimmeria. Helped set up the Hyborian Accord with the RP community and ended up getting involved in a whole lot of PvP.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 20 Dec 2013, 21:01

Krevente wrote:Yes sir, we did play on Cimmeria. Helped set up the Hyborian Accord with the RP community and ended up getting involved in a whole lot of PvP.

That is indeed awesomely cool. Such a good game.

I myself were in Imperium. Proconsul.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 21 Dec 2013, 03:19

Very cool, had some great interactions with Imperium.

We're looking forward to getting as involved as we can with the wider community and build up the game in whatever way we can contribute.

We're actually working on our own ARMA III Mod right now. We've taken our background as a guild and put it into a modern setting. Should be interesting!

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 25 Dec 2013, 18:47

Announced our RP "community" project here: silver-sun-republic-presents-lifeisroleplay-com-t567/

"Life is Roleplay" has a catchy feel to it :Yahoo!:

We'll have to make T-Shirts, lol.

I also need to get SSR to push out our new, fancy org chart and graphics. Main post needs some love.

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 08 Jan 2014, 19:27

Good day players of LiF!

I long to see the banners of the Republic draped from the keeps of conquered nations, the hearts and minds of the citizens in chorus with our own, and the prayers of the faithful lifted towards our gods.

Should be fun.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

JoeCold

Post by JoeCold » 08 Jan 2014, 21:46

Hi all, Max checking in. I look forward being a part of the SSR's trademark community presence in LiF, both in world and in forum. Also look forward to doing this with new faces in this brave new world. :D

Radison
Alpha Tester

Post by Radison » 08 Jan 2014, 22:48

Welcome everyone, good to see you make it out here. I too look forward to seeing our banners in-game.
===|Www.Silversunrepublic.com|===

Rohaan
Devoted Believer

Post by Rohaan » 09 Jan 2014, 08:21

I have arrived with a sharpened blade. Fore House McDougal and House Medici shall not fall before all the blood in my body has spilled on the lands of my father.

Kalmorte
True Believer

Post by Kalmorte » 10 Jan 2014, 03:10

This game looks like the holy grail for Silver Sun Republic. I can't wait until we can get our hands on it!

AericMorte

Post by AericMorte » 13 Jan 2014, 06:30

Our guild has a wide variety of personalities and play styles, but LiF looks to have something for everyone. Can't wait!!

Dante_Goujian

Post by Dante_Goujian » 14 Jan 2014, 22:47

Checking in.

Hawks
Alpha Tester

Post by Hawks » 15 Jan 2014, 03:35

I've been part of this guild for a few years now and i'm proud to be a member.

http://www.silversunrepublic.com
The Originators of Practical Roleplay

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 17 Jan 2014, 20:19

Do we have a head count on how many members of SSR are going to be playing?

I know we've got like ten who have signed in on these forums, but do we know how many more are going to play on launch?
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 17 Jan 2014, 21:48

We're putting out the word this weekend to the rest of the old forums Mailing List. I know every time I do that we draw in a good 20 or so old members since the initial wipe and restart.

I also have the old Hyperion forums mailing list that I use probably about once a year to make announcements. I think I may have to risk the death threats and stupid comments I get in reply to let folks in on the game.

Silver Sun Republic and MG.com will be allied up for our own 'Realm,' but we also have Rohaan's crew from SWG and a few other enclaves of members that we need to draw back into the fold.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 17 Jan 2014, 22:13

Fancy meeting you here. Be sure to brush up on your skills, if your crew is as good as they were in Chivalry you might have my pity.

Just kidding of course :D .

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 17 Jan 2014, 23:18

You so funny, Prox!

Glad to see you lurking 'round these parts. Don't be a stranger.

AericMorte

Post by AericMorte » 18 Jan 2014, 22:11

Yeah Prox, when you get bored, feel free to come play with us!

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 23 Jan 2014, 21:04

We're back to scheduling and drilling formations again. Radison and I spent some time last night vetting out the details of our older doctrine and updating it to reflect a new-ish system.

This weekend we're going to focus on rolling some of the Joint Task Force Viper doctrine and start employing some of the changes.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 29 Jan 2014, 02:29

Putting the final touches on our own Persistent World mod server for Mount and Blade: Warband that we plan to host our training on until Life is Feudal is available to the masses. After some internal testing/tweaking we'll be opening it up to the wider community.

Same goes for our ARMA III RPG Mod.

Both feature SSR and MilitaryGamers.com lore/info for those interested in learning more about both groups.

I hate walls o' text and forum posts. I'd rather immerse in what we're all about!

Serith78

Post by Serith78 » 29 Jan 2014, 05:36

Checking in, looks like a really interesting game.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 30 Jan 2014, 23:38

Thanks to AericMorte for these bad ass sigs!

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 31 Jan 2014, 18:35

They are pretty great.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 31 Jan 2014, 21:51

Fairly sexy sigs, make me one for these forums as a show of good faith betwixt clans :D .

Yes betwixt is a real word, google it.

EDIT: Oh btw we might have a handful of guys who would hop on your Persistent world server. In advance I should probably let you know that we play looking for a fight and have on many occasions sacked castles full of rpers to steal there hordes of gold and been frowned at quite harshly by the community.

RPing norse raiders so fun.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 01 Feb 2014, 02:02

Hence the flavor of our server. It's not one of those random RP whiny servers. I don't have the time nor the patience to admin a bunch of 12 year olds.

There's a central city in which all the commerce and economy is focused from resources gathered out in the world. You can commit to economic warfare against each faction since funds are raised from export nodes, so just target how the other faction makes their money. It is in the interest of the factions to defend their natural resources in order to raise money for their faction without doing all the crafting constantly. Should make for some better overall strategy.

The goal is to create reasons for people to fight in a chaotic world.

Besides, you're forgetting who provided the majority of the military prowess for Hyperion to conquer half the world along with Anvil Society :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, btw, our sig maker is out to sea, no really. He's on a Bo-at with the Navy at the moment, but should be back in March :D

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 04 Feb 2014, 16:43

I first met SSR when they sacked my city on Darkfall. I ended up joining them for another Sandbox MMO, and have had a great time with this group. Can't wait for a new realistic sandbox to utilize our unique combat formations and playstyles.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Return to Guild Recruitment