The reason behind crashes?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Rikkarth

The reason behind crashes?

Post by Rikkarth » 04 Jan 2016, 06:40

Is there any reason behind all these crashes?

I bet most of you guys experience these kind of crashes every day... You'r playing, you crash you tell to your guildmates "hold on I crashed" and they say something like "yeah ... I crashed 6 times today already.".

You send the crashes to whoever is receiving them, and it goes on and on...

I experienced so many crashes that I can even tell you some of the situations in particular.

1st. You can be standing, looking at the ground doing nothing, you crash.

2nd. There was a day where I equipped a torch, I crashed.

3rd. Got up on my horse, I crashed.

4th. While riding in a group of horses ... crash.

5th. Terraforming ... crash.

6th Blacksmithing ... crash.

I could list a lot of situations here where I crashed, I'm obviously not going to do that. I tried to lower my graphics to minimum like 0, no graphics at all, I would still crash the same as if I was playing at Ultra settings.

Is there anything I could do client side that could help me fixing this crashes? They break the immersion, they break my daily play. And it's not only me, It's being experienced by the majority not to say the entire community right now.

I would like some input on this,
Best Regards

MasterChief
True Believer

Re: The reason behind crashes?

Post by MasterChief » 04 Jan 2016, 11:00

it happend to a lot ppl at the moment since the last 2 patches, same for serversoftware, until to the last patches my dedisoftware never crashed. but now i get "life is feudal is stop working" nearly all few hours, today i sent 12 logs per mantis, hope they will check it soon

https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/view.php?id=4400

Rikkarth

Post by Rikkarth » 04 Jan 2016, 18:35

The thing is, this issue is at a sight of everyone and I rarely see people coming into the forum and speak about it.

MasterChief
True Believer

Post by MasterChief » 04 Jan 2016, 18:54

its typical,

oh game crashed, anyway i restart and try again, oh others crashed aswell? i bet they will report it, i just want play ...

Haloslayer
Beta Tester

Post by Haloslayer » 07 Jan 2016, 08:49

Did you try turning AA off? I hear some games have that problem where it crashes due to AA. Its odd I know. But I played for the first time today for 9 hours. Not a single crash.

Specs:
Win 7 64 bit pro
Ram 8gb
Processor: AMD FX 6300 (6 core)
Video Card: GTX 650 Ti
4 gb of Video Ram

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 08 Jan 2016, 11:27

Our Server has also been experiencing the crash problems for clients and the server alike. It was fine after the 25th patch but the patch on the 30th took our server out and it had to be restored from backup and this happened to several other servers that I am aware of.

Now I am seeing all kinds of things, rabbits giving eggs. Pigs giving wool, horses disappearing off the map or after server restarts to be found under the world or stuck half in half out.

Gm flights causing crashes to desktop, gm monument claim ups causing claim radius to disappear, build buttons that stop working on the last little bit of mats to hammer in. Morning lag is ten times worse than usual. My server company asked us not to do restarts til after the next patch so the 30th patch doesn't get put back in but alas A big spike of lag took the server down and when it rebooted we must have gotten the patch reinstalled because all the above started happening.

I have seen others wiping their servers and I pray we don't have to do that that the next patch supposedly coming on the 11th will fix the problems but I'm not holding too much hope for that.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 08 Jan 2016, 13:19

It Imho wont help anybody, if we - incl. me - reports every single Crash from his own field of view to mantis.

We should try to repeat those crashes by doing the same thing again (if possible also on several Servers). Perhaps we can find a pattern.

I crashed (each several times) while:
    - opening an Container nearby a burning smelting device,
    - praying home,
    - TPTOPLAYER and switch into camera-mode while falling down (Torch was equiped),
    - riding fast across the map (crossing several tilemaps)

I also got some crashes while doing really nothing, but another player was terraforming (I conceive suspicion, that he forced some soil-slipping)

It might be hazard, but sometimes those "every 6min.-Crashes" ends after restarting Steam.

Sanctifiedevil

Post by Sanctifiedevil » 10 Jan 2016, 20:53

Our server is also see a large amount of crashes since the last patch. Seems to be every other hour or so. Would love an official response from the devs on the state of the issue or if its even being looked into.

Airco

Post by Airco » 10 Jan 2016, 21:08

every hour???
just crashed mine after 22h and i dont even run dedicated...
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Sanctifiedevil

Post by Sanctifiedevil » 10 Jan 2016, 21:15

Airco wrote:every hour???
just crashed mine after 22h and i dont even run dedicated...

Most I've seen it is about 16 hours under light load. 64 slot server with generally 50 users or so. Once it starts taking on load though 3 hours uptime is unexpected.

Miknore11

Post by Miknore11 » 21 Oct 2019, 11:57

game-usually-freezes-when-ontop-app-like-windows-admin-confi-t52339/

Generally, I solved it by using a utility called Afterburner and lowering GPU memory clock to under -277 , similarly as in other games. No crashes afterward, which were previously every 3 minutes.

Return to General Discussion