[MOD] BasilMod::Pack

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Corpghent

Re: [MOD] BasilMod::Pack

Post by Corpghent » 21 Jan 2016, 20:11

Hi, first off thanks for this mod. Sure it will be tons of fun to use going forward on our server.

I've ran into one issue and I'm not sure if this is an issue for sure or not.
MOTD is working properly, but I'm not seeing the GMAnnounce download to my client.
Also Client screen isn't showing what the pictures show when loading, still same old screen.

I checked out the server log file and found this in it,

Spoiler

If I change it to 1.0.3.1 server will not load after getting to load BasilMod.

Current config.cs is the following

Spoiler

I know it's something so simple I might be missing and just to tired after going through a bunch of other stuff already.

Thanks

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 21 Jan 2016, 20:54

Corpghent wrote:Hi, first off thanks for this mod. Sure it will be tons of fun to use going forward on our server.

MOTD is working properly, but I'm not seeing the GMAnnounce download to my client.
Also Client screen isn't showing what the pictures show when loading, still same old screen.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know it's something so simple I might be missing and just to tired after going through a bunch of other stuff already.

Thanks

Have you not patched your server to the latest version? You can set the version in BasilMod config to be "any" but it might not be compatible if you are running an older version of the game.

Corpghent

Post by Corpghent » 21 Jan 2016, 21:12

Twiztedmike wrote:
Corpghent wrote:Hi, first off thanks for this mod. Sure it will be tons of fun to use going forward on our server.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks

Have you not patched your server to the latest version? You can set the version in BasilMod config to be "any" but it might not be compatible if you are running an older version of the game.

Current running 1.0.3.1, tried "any" and same issue when server is loading it hangs at

Spoiler

Start of log file

Spoiler

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 21 Jan 2016, 21:25

Jan 10, Basil updated the BasilMod::pack files. Make sure you have the latest!

EDIT: I know what your issue is. Its because of the encoder & its the first time running it. On your server, there is likely a popup with a security warning saying, "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO RUN base64encoder.EXE?"

Hit yes and say don't ask me again so you don't have this issue everytime you restart the server.

IF you are running it as a background process, just run it as a non-background process once & do this.

If you are using FireDaemon, go to the Interactive Services Window where you would normally view your console window and find the security warning there

Basil, you might want to add a bit about that

Corpghent

Post by Corpghent » 21 Jan 2016, 21:35

Twiztedmike wrote:Jan 10, Basil updated the BasilMod::pack files. Make sure you have the latest!

Just downloaded everything today from links in first thread. Modified date was Jan 10. I'll double check....

Sadly they were the newest files, overwrote them to make sure.
Just tried with ANY again, nothing, tried with 1.0.3.1 and had to go back to 0.7.6.2 for it to get past the loading.

Which is a little strange.

It's a new server, everything updated. Even went as far as verifying install, and making sure there was no update. .EXE says its 1.0.3.1, unless I missed a step during sql install, but server has been running great until I tried to get the mod install server side.

Thanks for the help tho.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 21 Jan 2016, 21:36

Corpghent wrote:
Twiztedmike wrote:Jan 10, Basil updated the BasilMod::pack files. Make sure you have the latest!

Just downloaded everything today from links in first thread. Modified date was Jan 10. I'll double check....

Sadly they were the newest files, overwrote them to make sure.
Just tried with ANY again, nothing, tried with 1.0.3.1 and had to go back to 0.7.6.2 for it to get past the loading.

Which is a little strange.

It's a new server, everything updated. Even went as far as verifying install, and making sure there was no update. .EXE says its 1.0.3.1, unless I missed a step during sql install, but server has been running great until I tried to get the mod install server side.

Thanks for the help tho.

I updated my post and I think I found your problem :) Let me know!

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 21 Jan 2016, 22:14

Corpghent wrote:Current running 1.0.3.1, tried "any" and same issue when server is loading it hangs at

Spoiler

This means that Pack itself has been loaded, and it wants to process(prepare) content files.

In order to do so, as Twiztedmike already mentioned, server has to launch base64encoder.exe. Verify that you have downloaded (or compiled it yourself from source code) and placed to 'basilmod/pack/' folder, and there are no first time launch popups.

Corpghent

Post by Corpghent » 21 Jan 2016, 22:44

As I said, sometimes it's something so simple.

That fixed the issue complete.

Thank you both.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 23 Jan 2016, 16:29

So does this mod essentially let the server upload whatever files it wants to my client?
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 23 Jan 2016, 18:01

Ishamael wrote:So does this mod essentially let the server upload whatever files it wants to my client?

Yes. As you can read from the description, thats one of the purposes of the mod: synchronize content from server to client.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 24 Jan 2016, 04:24

I think this is too huge of a security risk to release as a "mod" honestly. Literally the FIRST rule of online safety is to not accept files frome people you don't know. Do people even realize what they are opening themselves up to with this "mod"?

Honestly, with the level of corruption I've seen in admins with the regular game I'd not trust ANY admins with the freedom to put any files they want on my pc.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Cono
Zealous Believer

Post by Cono » 24 Jan 2016, 09:44

I think you might be a little misinformed about how all this works my friend. And it's already used and supported by a number of servers. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to. Basil has done a lot of great work here, and I think you're just being a little too paranoid... honestly. In any case, I suggest you stop joining servers with terrible admins.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 24 Jan 2016, 11:24

Ishamael wrote:I think this is too huge of a security risk to release as a "mod" honestly. Literally the FIRST rule of online safety is to not accept files frome people you don't know.

This is exactly what the "mod" means: Modification. Not an bunch of SQL scripts, but modification to the game server and/or game client. You always download a modification before playing.

Ishamael wrote:Do people even realize what they are opening themselves up to with this "mod"?

Once content downloaded from the server, it cannot be used until server is restarted. Paths are given, and you can review downloaded content before restarting the LiF client.
As you can read from serurity consideration entry from the first post - source code of the decoder is available, and may modify it to verify/filter/whatever content recieved from the server. You may remove decoder and disable auto-download part of the mod, but you will need to obtain same files in other way, for example as all servers did before: provide a .zip, which players have to redownload after admin have changed a single setting, which affects clients.

Ishamael wrote:Honestly, with the level of corruption I've seen in admins with the regular game I'd not trust ANY admins with the freedom to put any files they want on my pc.

If you dont trust server admin, dont play on the server. if you dont trust ANY admin, open your own server, or play on vanilla servers.

If you considering, that risks of using the BasilMod::Pack (client and/or server parts) higher than benefints it gives you, then don't use it.

Spoiler

Cono
Zealous Believer

Post by Cono » 28 Jan 2016, 14:48

Users seem to be stuck on Verifying Local Content with the new LIF Update. I've had to disable Basil on the server side as a result for now.

Edit: It appears after a client restart it worked no problem.

NavyS34l

Post by NavyS34l » 02 Feb 2016, 21:03

Strange client issue, just started happening.

All 3 files are in "./BasilMod/pack/"

The line was added to main.cs and saved.

Was working up until the last patch for me, tried reinstalling, however on launch I get the screen below. I remove the line from main.cs and the game launches fine. Thoughts?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 02 Feb 2016, 22:06

NavyS34l wrote:Thoughts?

verify client files integrity, and re-add pack to main.cs after that.

NavyS34l

Post by NavyS34l » 03 Feb 2016, 00:35

The same error appears after verifying and adding the exec to the main.cs

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 03 Feb 2016, 05:54

NavyS34l wrote:The same error appears after verifying and adding the exec to the main.cs

Share main.cs, and client log file with me

NavyS34l

Post by NavyS34l » 05 Feb 2016, 00:37

Here is the main.cs
Spoiler

Here is the tail of the log file, log file itself is a total of 41 lines, all system info except for the last 2.
Spoiler

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 05 Feb 2016, 06:01

NavyS34l wrote:Here is the main.cs

You edited wrong main.cs.
You should add exec line to "Steam\steamapps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own\main.cs" file.

NavyS34l

Post by NavyS34l » 07 Feb 2016, 03:43

Thanks, figured it was something stupid. Seems to be working.

Fearless
Zealous Believer

Post by Fearless » 10 Feb 2016, 12:32

Hello, I have recently started using BasilMod pack on my rented server and i'm getting the cloning issue, Would someone be able to direct me to what location i have to install the playersave2 hot fix please ?

Thank You :)

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 10 Feb 2016, 12:47

Fearless wrote:Would someone be able to direct me to what location i have to install the playersave2 hot fix please

Install to any location, and use this location at your exec:
i.e. place to server root folder, and add your main.cs file
Code: Select all
exec("playersave2.cs");

Fearless
Zealous Believer

Post by Fearless » 10 Feb 2016, 13:01

Thank you so much friend, and great work on you're mods my server loves them and looking forward to future ones! :beer:

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 21 Feb 2016, 09:40

BasilMod::Pack updated to be compatible with latest 1.0.6.4 patch (recipe syncronization changed).
You need to redownload server-side pack.cs.dso file.

Cogollops

Post by Cogollops » 23 Feb 2016, 01:31

Error with BasilMod customer. :shock:
Attached image error:

Please help me, as I can fix it? :Search:

PD: Update server works perfectly. :Yahoo!:

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 23 Feb 2016, 09:51

Cogollops wrote:Error with BasilMod customer. :shock:

I need game log from this client to diagnose if this related to basilmod.

Cogollops

Post by Cogollops » 23 Feb 2016, 13:34

Here is the log file: :shock:

http://pastebin.com/r27KRTER

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 23 Feb 2016, 14:37

Cogollops wrote:Here is the log file: :shock:

http://pastebin.com/r27KRTER

This error is not related to basilmod. Seems like materials failed to load. Try to verify client files with steam, and fill/send a bug report.

Cogollops

Post by Cogollops » 23 Feb 2016, 21:15

I have reinstalled the game and I get the same error!

http://pastebin.com/DF4AqbuW

BasilMod me only appears when active,
from main.cs with exec("BasilMod/pack/pack.cs");
:O:

Return to Game mods