The Brothers of Requesta

Discussion of the game lore and medieval ages.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Azerath
Alpha Tester

The Brothers of Requesta

Post by Azerath » 25 Feb 2016, 19:23

In the early days of the Republic, war was a natural occurrence. Young men were required to fight in the defense of their homes. A young devout Requestian named Enzo de Luca had no desire to fight, either for himself or others. So, he retreated deep into the forests and hills of the surrounding countryside. He grew crops for food, raised sheep for clothing, and turned grapes into wine.

A group of men who also inhabited the forest came upon Enzo one day. These men sustained themselves by theft and robbery.

Seeing Enzo working in his gardens they said to him, “Give us your food.”

Enzo smiled and replied, “Of course, my brothers, take all that you desire.”

The men took all that they could carry and left. The next day, the men returned and saw Enzo making shirts and they said to him, “Give us your clothes.”

The men took all he had. Enzo even offered them the clothes he was wearing, which they took. The next day, the men returned and saw Enzo turning grapes into wine and they said to him, “Give us that drink.”

The men took the bottles and drank until they passed out. In the morning they awoke to find Enzo humming gaily while he worked and they said to him, “For the past three days we have taken your food, your clothes, and your drink. You could have slit our throats while we slept, and nobody would blame you. Now, after all of it, you stand here naked, and in good spirits. How can this be?”

Enzo replied, “We are all the children of Requesta. When your brothers ask you for food, do you not feed them? When they ask you for clothes, do you not offer them the clothes on your back to keep them warm? And does it not overwhelm you with joy to share your drink with them? And even if my brothers had caused me harm, I would not harm them.”

The men were very much perplexed and left, but the next day, several returned and said to Enzo, “Teach us more about Requesta.”

Enzo smiled and replied, “I would be happy to, but after feeding you, clothing you, and providing you with drink...I have much to do. Perhaps if you helped me I would have the time.”

So, the men helped Enzo with his tasks and in the evening he taught them of Requesta. The next day, more men came and helped Enzo and he taught them of Requesta. Until finally, all of the men came to help Enzo and they stayed with him and learned about Requesta.

This is how the first Monastic Order, the Brothers of Requesta was founded.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Return to Lore Section