Group Create-A-Story

Discussion of the game lore and medieval ages.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Billus

Group Create-A-Story

Post by Billus » 03 Feb 2014, 09:15

Hey guys!

So I had an idea, I'm not sure what the interest will be for something like this. But, I personally enjoy writing and I feel like other people would potentially enjoy writing some stories as well. So I think a fun thing we could do together is to create a group story.

The theme of the story will be an Acaelian fairy tale.

The format will be that each person will write a section of this fairy tale, and the next person will pick up where they left off.

I'll outline a few basic 'rules' for the story, and then we can get underway.

Rules:
1) Please keep all language civil. While swearing isn't bad in and of itself, I ask that you don't write anything inflammatory or otherwise very objectionable and that you are kind to everybody else posting.

2) I think the most fun way to do this will be to take it in turns. I will give us a basic starting, and from then on people can pick up following where the last person left off.

3) Please do your best to keep it in theme. What I want to do is finalize our tale once it's done and put it all in one story, and if possible work it in as a fairy tale. However, if we go crazy with space marines and stuff, I don't think I'll be able to do that :)

4) Have a good time!

Billus

Re: Group Create-A-Story

Post by Billus » 03 Feb 2014, 09:16

Once upon a time there was a woman.

This woman, were you to look upon her, appeared little different from any other. She was fair, though not excessively so, with long plaited crimson hair that tumbled wildly to her shoulders. She had eyes of chipped jade and her roundish face with dotted with freckles. She lived alone in a squat stone cottage on the outskirts of Redtile, a small village known for their intricate works of pottery.

She awoke on this day, thinking it like any other. She cooked a meager breakfast, washed some small clothes in the stream behind her house, fed her chickens and horse. At noon, she loaded up her cart, took out her horse, and trotted off into town. "At least my birthday is tomorrow, for I fear today should be quite boring" she thought to herself.

Little did she know that today would be anything but...

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 10 Feb 2014, 14:18

"Your days are never boring when I'm around" squeaked a small voice from her apron pocket.

The maiden looks down to see a small field mouse with a handlebar mustache poking his head out of her pocket. She breaks off piece of bread from in her basket, and feeds it to him.

"Whatever would I do without you?" she says with a smirk.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Surrix
Alpha Tester

Post by Surrix » 23 Apr 2014, 10:46

"There she is. It's the mouse-lady!"
A high-pitched shrieky voice called out into the air.
Laughter followed from several bystanders.
"Ah, my dear, how's the mouse today?
Told any interesting stories yet? Hihi hiiiii!"
Gulps of laughter flowed over Tirsa, for that was her name.
Her head to the ground, she hastily passed the laughing bunch.

"Never mind them, Nobby", she whispered.
- "I don't", squeaked the little mouse and gave her a little wink.
He was always cheerful.

"Let's get down to market. I really need to sell this load op pottery today. We're a bit late. I hope our place will not be taken by now."

As her feet tapped the cobble stones, Tirsa swooped around the corner. Her cart making a terrible noise behind her.
She was unaware that a pair of gloomy eyes was following her from a dark ally...
Stalin: "RP? I have known thousands who didn't like it. Now they are not here anymore."
My mom: "RP? I'm sure my son doesn't do that, mister!"

Surrix
Alpha Tester

Post by Surrix » 25 Apr 2014, 06:23

"Is it good or is it bad?" Noddy squeaked.
It was his standard shout, whenever he felt something was wrong.

"Your vibes playing up again, Noddy?", Tirsa asked with a slight worry in her voice, since she knew Noddy was right most of the time.

"Mmm, don't know, Tirsa. Seems so far away, and yet near.
Ah, the sun is coming out. Lovely."

The heartwarming rays of the Acaelian sun shone down upon the roofs and markets of Redtile. A beautiful sight.

After some minutes of gentle silence, appeared a strange vibration in the streets. Slow thuds were heard.
People were halted and pointed their ears. Was it?
As the thuds became harder, everyone knew: Yes, he was back.
Stalin: "RP? I have known thousands who didn't like it. Now they are not here anymore."
My mom: "RP? I'm sure my son doesn't do that, mister!"

Billus

Post by Billus » 07 May 2014, 13:28

Tirsa stood on edge, ready to run at a moment's notice. Instinctively she began searching the sky for any sign of him. It had been years since he'd been sealed away, but she knew he wouldn't stay sealed forever.

"Please Nobby, tell me he isn't back," Tirsa said, her eyes pleading for an answer she knew she wouldn't get.

"I'm afraid-", Nobby started, as a deafening boom rang out from Redtile's central square. Tirsa toppled over from the force of the impact.

She slowly got to her feet, rubbing the dust from her eyes. Then she saw him standing where the Redtile Inn used to be.

"It's him," she murmured. "He's back."

Standing twenty feet tall with a wingspan to match stood a massive knight with feathery wings sprouting from his back, flapping idly as he scanned the bloody scene through his visor.

It was Galfor, the son of Griffins. He'd returned, and he wasn't happy.

Hitty40
Alpha Tester

Post by Hitty40 » 08 May 2014, 19:50

"Humans!" Galfor yelled out in an ear-piercing screech. "The seals to my chamber have broken, awaking me from my eternal slumber, and this time, I shall not fail my lord. The end days of Acaelia have begun anew!"

Villagers from the central square run in all directions behind buildings, barrels, anything that can give them cover. Galfor screeches once more in the direction of two homes, and unleashes a stream of fire from his mouth. Within seconds, the buildings had turned to ash and dust.

Tirsa ran from the scene, down an uneven path towards a small hut on the outskirts of Redtile, keeping Nobby from falling out of her pocket. Reaching the hut and entering, she quickly fell to her knees in front of a worn chest, opening it. Within, she quickly removed the equipment originally used to defeat Galfor all those years ago.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 09 Jun 2014, 06:52

An ancient blade so calledly forged in a dragons breath by the ancients with Detailed yet faded runes, now glowing slightly in the presence of one of the sword's ancient enemies. A scabbard again carved with similar runes made from fine leather of unknown origin.

A bow carved from the tusks of giant long dead mammals, with fine runes on the inside. Arrows of a design none had seen in hundreds of years their shafts a fine oak yet slippery from the mysterious preservation oil that kept them solid. A quiver of the same material as the scabbard with a fine flap to cover the arrows.

Finally, a cloak of the finest silk it shimmered in the midday sun the beautiful runes here again but most of them different. If you looked at the runes closely they almost formed acaelian script.

Tirsa pulled the quiver onto her back, donned the cloak, buckled on the scabbard, sheathed the sword, picked up the bow and suddenly the innocent pottery worker was changed into something different, a warrior from the mists of time.

She was about to go out when she remembered Nobby and put him in the top pocket of her tunic. He looked up at her quivering slightly from the shock...
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

Alah

Post by Alah » 14 Aug 2014, 01:38

damn, people took their time here

Belphegor
Alpha Tester

Post by Belphegor » 02 Sep 2014, 20:36

they sure did.. well, this thread is at least 2 internet-ages old but here we go.

A heavy disturbance fell over Tirsa as she reached for the door. Feelings of doubt and fear began to consume her mind, never had she felt so insecure. after all, what could a lower class working girl do against the mighty Galfor? She looked at Nobby and they spent the next few moments staring into each-others eyes until the thin voice coming from her pocket finally broke the silence. "Remember what your father said Trista, just before he passed."

her expression changed from sad to one that can only be described as the stare of a furious blacksmith who just had his favorite hammer stolen by a one-legged beardless dwarf with down syndrome. Tirsa whiped a tear off her cheek and Consciously left the small hut, but what she saw made her eyes grow wide.

Pillars of smoke and fire rose from the center of Redtile. The city was on fire! unsure of what to do and where to go, she took Nobby from her pocket and stroked his moustache gently 'Nobby, i hate to ask this but can you please find my brother Herus at the saw-mill by the river and tell him to meet me at the old well?'

"I.. I.. but i don't want to go without you Trista! I'm scared"

'don't worry my brave little mouse, i doubt Galfor is here to kill mice, anyways i must go into town and see if anyone is still alive.. it's to dangerous for a little fellow like you'

"Okay, i'll find Herus. Please Don't die" said Nobby, with little sobs between his words making them barely understandable.

as the little mouse sped off between the high grass, Trista noticed something laying on the ground between the falling embers.. she bent over, exposing a thin strip of her burlap panties sticking out above the edge of her pants, and picked it up. shock came over her as she realized what it was. It was a piece of one of Galfor's feathers.

Karlsans

Post by Karlsans » 27 Mar 2016, 15:55

good idea

Return to Lore Section