Life is Feudal & e-learning

All your fan creations go here!

Lander

Life is Feudal & e-learning

Post by Lander » 07 Dec 2015, 01:09

I saw this article talking about e-learning with Life is Feudal

https://edu-gaming.com/reviews/27-rpg/3 ... -is-feudal

I like the idea of building replica castles from history and re-enacting proper siege tactics.

What do you guys think?

NevaCross

Re: Life is Feudal & e-learning

Post by NevaCross » 08 Feb 2016, 09:34

I was initially interested in using LIF for e-learning but the amount of time it takes to build skills and to create a historical setting was prohibitive when I had conversations with teachers and educators.

I am now considering summer camps using LIF as the focus activity rather than classrooms. I have also raised my target group from grades 7-9 to 10-12.

The biggest hurdle is the system requirements. Most schools, libraries, and resource centers in my are do not have the hardware necessary to support the game.

Any ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Lander

Re: Life is Feudal & e-learning

Post by Lander » 27 Mar 2016, 22:52

NevaCross wrote:I was initially interested in using LIF for e-learning but the amount of time it takes to build skills and to create a historical setting was prohibitive when I had conversations with teachers and educators.

I am now considering summer camps using LIF as the focus activity rather than classrooms. I have also raised my target group from grades 7-9 to 10-12.

The biggest hurdle is the system requirements. Most schools, libraries, and resource centers in my are do not have the hardware necessary to support the game.

Any ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Hey NevaCross,

Guys on EDU Gaming would love to chat more with you about the e-learning applications of Life is Feudal. Check out the E-Learning in Life is Feudal group on the community:

https://www.edu-gaming.com/community/gr ... -is-feudal

Return to Fan Zone