Increasing your alpha testing participation odds

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Arrakis

Re: Increasing your alpha testing participation odds

Post by Arrakis » 09 Nov 2013, 14:00

Description:
Locked global topic shown on the image below has default style icon, i do not know if it's my browser cache or you forgot to overwrite it on server, but there it is, it appears on all forums.

Browser: Google Chrome

Attachments:

Andy_847
Alpha Tester

Post by Andy_847 » 14 Jan 2014, 17:36

Hey there,

I don't really know if you're still looking for people to help with the search for bugs/glitches but I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

As far as my track record goes without getting into too much detail - Tested multiple alpha/ beta builds, on multiple platforms. I guess the highlight would be hours of QA testing many builds of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. I had no social life for quite a few months :lol:

But, like I said I'd be more than happy to help out, may it be days, weeks or even months from now.

Regards,
Andy
HOUSE REYNE OF CASTAMERE

Strength and Valor!

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 26 Jan 2014, 17:33

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Wheelbarrow

The images for cart and wheelbarrow are swapped.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 26 Jan 2014, 20:18

It is wiki, you know :) You can get registered there and do all the changes ;)

Worldsprayer
Alpha Tester

Post by Worldsprayer » 29 Jan 2014, 06:37

Not sure if we're supposed to report on wiki changes here or not. I am a reader/writer and as such much of what I'll be doing for now is reviewing grammatical mistakes. I'll just edit this post as I find them. For now though:
-2nd and 3rd stat explanation examples had incorrect tense, changed to present tense to match first example.
-Replaced can not in claim details with cannot as can not implies choice instead of inability.
-Edited "Ways to interact" page with various corrections, assigned links to words as appropriate.
-Edited "Chat" page with various corrections, assigned links to words as appropriate.
-Edited "Equipment" page with various grammatical corrections.
-Edited "Combat" page with numerous grammatical corrections.
-Created NPC wiki page for "Npc" from forum info.
-Edited "Melee" page with numerous grammatical corrections as well as clarifying several confusing sentences. Connected a lost link to Wound (instead of Wounds).
-Edited "Wound" page with several grammatical corrections (now that I found it!)
-Edited "Ranged" page with several grammatical corrections.
-Created "Continent" page based from recent posts and forum information.
Last edited by Worldsprayer on 05 Feb 2014, 04:10, edited 6 times in total.
Service is Glory
Death in Service
Death is Glory

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 29 Jan 2014, 09:04

Hi there! Like Worldsprayer, I'm not sure where we're supposed to report regarding wiki changes, so I'm going to post here:

-Edited typos and grammatical errors on the Statistics page. Fixed the subject and verb agreement.

I also write for a living, so I'm going to contribute this way.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 29 Jan 2014, 09:30

Well, you can just make those changes and that's all. It is wiki and supposed to be treated as wiki. We do not even host it (Curse.com is making that for us). So feel free to make any changes, discussions, articles, that you think needs to be made.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 29 Jan 2014, 09:32

Bobik wrote:Well, you can just make those changes and that's all. It is wiki and supposed to be treated as wiki. We do not even host it (Curse.com is making that for us). So feel free to make any changes, discussions, articles, that you think needs to be made.

Can we use info from your here on forum and put it on the wiki? In that case I can start updating wiki too :)

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 29 Jan 2014, 09:39

Yup, you can. Just do not bring oooold info and old posts on that wiki, cause these things might not be accurate. Let's say, no older then 1 year old posts are ok.
And thank you in advance, that will be really helpful :good:

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 29 Jan 2014, 10:41

I was talking about more recent info :) Ok, i'll see what I can do.

/Edit/
Looks like I have some kind of trouble with registering on wiki. I couldn't register because of some kind of internal site problems, but now it's showing me a message that someone from my IP has already registered three accounts which is maximum. But all my tries were rejected (username already in use or internal problems) Do you have any expiernce with it? Or is it something weird and I should poke curse.com for that?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 29 Jan 2014, 13:56

Sounds weird to me. I really suggest you to poke them.

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 29 Jan 2014, 14:28

Thanks noizex for making this nice form ;)

The "Back to the top" button is really small.
=====================================

Description
----------
The button sending you back to the top of a discussion in the bottom right-hand corner of a post is veeeery small, I am not sure whether this is a bug or intended but it should be changed.

Sample pages where the bug occurs:
----------
The button is shown on every post in the bottom right-hand corner.

Reproducibility
------------
Always - the button can be seen on every post (as far as I know)

Severity
-------
Trivial (aesthetic, does only affect functionality if people can't find it)

Browser
-------
Chrome v. 32.0.1700.102 m

Attachments
-----------
No attachments, you should be able to see what I mean on every post.

Sincerely, Balariand

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 29 Jan 2014, 14:34

Uhm... there is bug reporting thread here on the forumz ;)

/Edit/
Bobik wrote:Sounds weird to me. I really suggest you to poke them.

I poked 'em. Now I'll wait.

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 29 Jan 2014, 16:24

Demonic wrote:Uhm... there is bug reporting thread here on the forumz ;)

Well, this is a bug reporting thread as well. Read through the first page, you can report forum- or general website bugs/problems here.

Sincerely, Balariand

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 29 Jan 2014, 16:40

Merde...

Sorry, it's been too long since I saw the first post of this thread :D

/Edit/

Bobik, I was able to bypass the malfunction of wiki registering by registering on curse.com, as the logins are shared among these sites. I am curently gathering data on alignement, as there is much mure that has been said here than it's on wiki, so I'll start with that article. I also suggest you lock main page so only you and LiF devs will be able to edit it.

/Edit2/
Okay, I made some minor improvements, so if you grammar lads/lasses could check it, it would be nice, I'm not native speaker. I'm currently browsing interactive FAQ to see if I can dig anything article-worthy.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 08 Feb 2014, 15:49

I'm taking the minimalist wildcard approach. There I've thrown my hat in the ring...
Cimmerian Mercenary

Tagaris

Post by Tagaris » 08 Feb 2014, 19:56

Tow bugs concerning the wiki, a graphical clipping and an annoying browser cache issue:

Bug 1
Firstly, when registering, the tool tip in the catptcha that shows the image of a cat does clip with the constraints of the content box. Effectively beheading some of those poor catdogs and thereby making it impossible to distinguish some of them. Here is a screenshot of the issue: http://imgur.com/wVcqDcT

I encountered this issue in both browsers I tested it: IE 11.0.9600.16476 and in chrome 32.0.1700.107m.

Possible solution
Moving the catptcha lower by adding padding-top:70px to asirra_MainDiv works around this issue with the offtrade of a gap.

Bug 2
The second bug regards the file upload feature of the wiki. I tried to switch the cart and the wheelbarrow icons that were wrongly placed. After uploading a new file, the browser still shows the old file as "current" until you do a hard refresh of your browser cache.

I did experience this bug in Chrome 32.0.1700.107m until I figured it out.

Possible solution
It could be solved by simply forcing the wiki to do a full refresh at the end of the php upload function.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 08 Feb 2014, 20:20

Would be nice, if you forward those bugs to gamepedia.com ;) They're hosting our wiki and we got nothing to do with their account system.

Tagaris

Post by Tagaris » 09 Feb 2014, 13:31

Done.

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 11 Feb 2014, 10:33

Bobik wrote:Well, you can just make those changes and that's all. It is wiki and supposed to be treated as wiki. We do not even host it (Curse.com is making that for us). So feel free to make any changes, discussions, articles, that you think needs to be made.

Just made a donation and looking forward to getting in and helping out.

From Melbourne Australia and MMO's out there are getting boring, so I'll start editing some of the pages on wiki for more hyperlinks to other pages and then look at helping make the data more appealing to newcomers.

Would you like more diagrams and tables or even more organisational types of stuff on wiki?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 11 Feb 2014, 17:18

Shealladh wrote:

Just made a donation and looking forward to getting in and helping out.

From Melbourne Australia and MMO's out there are getting boring, so I'll start editing some of the pages on wiki for more hyperlinks to other pages and then look at helping make the data more appealing to newcomers.

Would you like more diagrams and tables or even more organisational types of stuff on wiki?

Well, diagrams and tables are always fun :) But again, it is all up for players. Content of wiki is made by players and for players, I doubt we will have time to moderate and update it ourselves. At least not in nearest future.

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 13 Feb 2014, 10:00

Bobik wrote:Well, diagrams and tables are always fun :) But again, it is all up for players. Content of wiki is made by players and for players, I doubt we will have time to moderate and update it ourselves. At least not in nearest future.

Good to know, I do like the more technical aspects of gaming. I will be adding to the wiki if I get the chance to test, even after launch will be too.

I had a could of questions I cannot find though;

From data on wiki with relation to the cells, they're 2x2m, and all the items are listed as # length. Is this item length in m?

The other is the measure of Stone, as in weight, how does this work in regards to weight and measures.

I'd like to add more details on wiki

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 14 Feb 2014, 15:21

Shealladh wrote:
Bobik wrote:Well, diagrams and tables are always fun :) But again, it is all up for players. Content of wiki is made by players and for players, I doubt we will have time to moderate and update it ourselves. At least not in nearest future.

Good to know, I do like the more technical aspects of gaming. I will be adding to the wiki if I get the chance to test, even after launch will be too.

From data on wiki with relation to the cells, they're 2x2m, and all the items are listed as # length. Is this item length in m?

The other is the measure of Stone, as in weight, how does this work in regards to weight and measures.

Length could be rather called as "size". It have no particular measure unit it is just size of an item and size of container. If "sword", for instance, have size=6 then it will never fit into "pouch" size=3.

One Stone can be roughly imagined as a one kilogram. Every container have a weight limit in stones. So you cant fit a lot of items if the sum of their weights is bigger then the weight parameter of that container.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 14 Feb 2014, 21:58

Bobik wrote:
One Stone can be roughly imagined as a one kilogram. Every container have a weight limit in stones. So you cant fit a lot of items if the sum of their weights is bigger then the weight parameter of that container.

Ummm. Now am i bit disappointed. :(
When i read stone as a measurement of mass i was hoping it would be a real stone measurement (no matter if its an English stone or Scottish or German or w/e other stone...). Now when u say it would roughly be 1kg im a bit sad.
Could you please consider changing ur stone unit to any of the real ones or switch to kg? :D
There is no Stone as a mass unit that goes below 3kg as far as im informed. If there is a stone that is ~1kg please give me the link cus i always wanna learn more.
<3

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 15 Feb 2014, 11:44

Pffft :) Everything in our world is measured in Stones. That is our fictional measure of weight and there is NO other measures in game. You can imagine it to be equal to any real life measure you wish.

I mean, that won't change anything. Your sack will be able to hold let's say 10 Stones of items and your sword will be 1.2 Stones of weight, so you will be able to carry 8 swords in that sack and no more. Who cares if it is killograms, x3 kilograms or even a ton? :)

Sensei
Alpha Tester

Post by Sensei » 15 Feb 2014, 13:19

Yeah - for me I'll imagine a stone is 10 tons and I'm Superman......or Batman......or....

Well...someone supercool that can carry loads.....

Olloch
Alpha Tester

Post by Olloch » 15 Feb 2014, 13:25

Theres a ton of gravity and were all super heroes. :)
May my enemies live long so they can see me progress.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 15 Feb 2014, 18:50

Bobik wrote:Pffft :) Everything in our world is measured in Stones. That is our fictional measure of weight and there is NO other measures in game. You can imagine it to be equal to any real life measure you wish.

I mean, that won't change anything. Your sack will be able to hold let's say 10 Stones of items and your sword will be 1.2 Stones of weight, so you will be able to carry 8 swords in that sack and no more. Who cares if it is killograms, x3 kilograms or even a ton? :)

DAMN YOU BOBIIIIIIIIK!!!!
Its not enough for you that i have to learn tons of measurments due to the nature of the science im doing and now i gotta learn new measures... AAAAAA!!! :fool:
Your answer made me rly happy btw :)

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 27 Feb 2014, 21:07

Bobik wrote:
Shealladh wrote:

Length could be rather called as "size". It have no particular measure unit it is just size of an item and size of container. If "sword", for instance, have size=6 then it will never fit into "pouch" size=3.

Thanks Bobik for the explanation.

So for example, the weight has mass as well as volume per Kilo aka Stone.

Length is just a yard stick, depending on the item in question.

Reason I asked is I'd like to be able to have the footprint sizes for thing such as buildings and add to the wiki, ie. a House has a footprint "Area" of X.

Then when calculating weight, we would need X amount of carts to carry a Ton of Stone and X amount for a Ton of Feathers :D

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 28 Feb 2014, 13:21

Shealladh wrote:Thanks Bobik for the explanation.

So for example, the weight has mass as well as volume per Kilo aka Stone.

Length is just a yard stick, depending on the item in question.

Reason I asked is I'd like to be able to have the footprint sizes for thing such as buildings and add to the wiki, ie. a House has a footprint "Area" of X.

Then when calculating weight, we would need X amount of carts to carry a Ton of Stone and X amount for a Ton of Feathers :D

You should not consider "length" as a certain measure of actual length. It is just an attribute that is used in inventory system. You can call it "size" or "overall extensions" of an item. So an item of bigger "size" wont fit into a container of a smaller "size".

If you are talking about building footprint - you'd better operate in our in game cells (2*2 meters). You will be able to measure them when you'll get a proper skills in alpha tests. You don't need to build them - getting out a placement menu will be enough for you to see how many cells they are blocking.

Return to Feedback Section