[MOD] BasilMod::Teleport

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own
Custodian
Mod Developer

[MOD] BasilMod::Teleport

Post by Custodian » 31 Jul 2015, 19:10

Greetings, feudalists!

BasilMod::Teleport mod allows you to setup teleportation on your server.
Safely transfer players from one place to another. :Yahoo!:

I decided to split initial mod into two parts. This teleportation mods will be server-only modification, so your players would not need to install anything special to play on your server. Another part will be called "Taxi" and will require client side installation, to travel between designed taxi spots, for free, or for some coins.

Dont forget to decorate place of departure and arrival, to make it look realistic, dont you crates as I do!

Add some NPC horse carriages! :friends:

This mod is part of BasilMods bundle.

Video demonstration
Spoiler

How it works.

You configure points of departure and arrival, text notification to be shown prior to teleportation, and teleportation timeout.
If player steps away from departure point within timeout(while its not expired), he will not be teleported.

Server installation details.
Spoiler
Last edited by Custodian on 22 Jun 2016, 13:34, edited 2 times in total.

NavyS34l

Re: [MOD] BasilMod::Teleport

Post by NavyS34l » 31 Jul 2015, 21:51

This is great, thanks for sharing it out!

NavyS34l

Post by NavyS34l » 31 Jul 2015, 21:58

Custodian wrote:
Add some NPC horse carriages! :friends:

And how would one go about doing this? Does the model already exist? :pardon:

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 04 Aug 2015, 14:03

NavyS34l wrote:And how would one go about doing this? Does the model already exist? :pardon:

Place a few carts and horses, lamp post and few fences

MacDante

Post by MacDante » 09 Jan 2016, 21:53

Hello. I try add this mod to game, but nothing work. Is this mod still supported in new version of LiF ?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 09 Jan 2016, 22:52

MacDante wrote:Hello. I try add this mod to game, but nothing work. Is this mod still supported in new version of LiF ?

Yes this mod is supported and works as expected. Follow the instruction.

MacDante

Post by MacDante » 11 Jan 2016, 11:35

Maeby anyone have idea why i don't see in GM mode TOLTIPS with coordinats and don't see DEMO coordinates in game ?

I'm implemented this script in this same way as else BasilMod scripts like RAVENS (work), motd (Work) , Pack (work)

And next one in this script, is possibility add pay option in silver, gold or bronze coins or else materials to use telepots like HORSETAXI?

I want make teleport as part of HARBOR and teleprot player to chosen destination when pay for it, as ship travel :)

MacDante

Post by MacDante » 12 Jan 2016, 08:58

Only one stupid question: Where i find client side modification for GM to see coordinations ?

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 12 Jan 2016, 15:17

MacDante wrote:Only one stupid question: Where i find client side modification for GM to see coordinations ?

Hey MacDante,

The command to run, for the GM to see the coordinates, is actually in the server console

Edit: sometimes the Coordinates will disappear off your screen, so you need to go back to the server console and enter the hideCoords and showCoords commands

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 12 Jan 2016, 15:27

MacDante wrote:And next one in this script, is possibility add pay option in silver, gold or bronze coins or else materials to use telepots like HORSETAXI?

No.

MacDante wrote:Only one stupid question: Where i find client side modification for GM to see coordinations ?

Please read description carefully. There is no client-side modification for this mod.
To show coordinates, you may setup $BasilMod::teleport::show_coords variable to show them by default when server starts, or execute BasilMod::teleport_showCoords(); at server console while server is running.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 23 Mar 2016, 10:27

Mod has been updated, redownload mod files.
FIX: If you set variable "show_coords" at config file, coords should be displayed by default when you enter GM mode.

SllowMo

Post by SllowMo » 24 Apr 2016, 02:38

Sorry, am still pretty new to this. I am seeming to have issues with the mod, and the rest zone one. It says to end these commands into the server console, but when i do so it says Unable to find function for BasilMod::teleport_register. Am i entering this incorrectly?

BasilMod::teleport_register("\n\nTeleporting to The Carrock", 3, "1732 350 1008", 1, 117316608); //Register new teleport what im using.

I use control ~ and type it in. it does nothing.

Am i to run this as a query or?....

Thank you for your time, I love all the mods, they are awesome!

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 24 Apr 2016, 03:48

SllowMo wrote:Sorry, am still pretty new to this. I am seeming to have issues with the mod, and the rest zone one. It says to end these commands into the server console, but when i do so it says Unable to find function for BasilMod::teleport_register. Am i entering this incorrectly?

BasilMod::teleport_register("\n\nTeleporting to The Carrock", 3, "1732 350 1008", 1, 117316608); //Register new teleport what im using.

This is serverside only, so you launch it and run it on the server only not the client.

-Alakar
http://arkhaya.com/

SllowMo

Post by SllowMo » 24 Apr 2016, 19:50

Alakarsiann wrote:
SllowMo wrote:Sorry, am still pretty new to this. I am seeming to have issues with the mod, and the rest zone one. It says to end these commands into the server console, but when i do so it says Unable to find function for BasilMod::teleport_register. Am i entering this incorrectly?

This is serverside only, so you launch it and run it on the server only not the client.

-Alakar
http://arkhaya.com/

Okay, so do i run as a query on SQL Database? Im not sure what you mean by server side. I get that I have to do it on the server, Im just not sure how to do the execute commands without restarting the server.

Sorry, just not fully understanding.
THanks for your time!

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 25 Apr 2016, 12:42

SllowMo wrote:Okay, so do i run as a query on SQL Database? Im not sure what you mean by server side. I get that I have to do it on the server, Im just not sure how to do the execute commands without restarting the server.

Sorry, just not fully understanding.
THanks for your time!

There is nothing to do with SQL database.

Serverside mod means, that mod should be installed and enabled only at the game server. Your player should not install anything.
Commands should be executed at server console:
Spoiler

If you rent your server, ask your host service provider for LiF server console access.

SllowMo

Post by SllowMo » 26 Apr 2016, 04:25

Much apprecaited Custodian. Thank you guys for your help.
Really love the mods, and just learning how to work with them.

Thanks a bunch for uploading.
Cheers! :Yahoo!:

Everettham
Alpha Tester

Post by Everettham » 07 May 2016, 05:36

If my host provider doesn't allow server console access is there a way to make the mod work still? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

This what I put maybe I did it wrong? Down below 1026.86 264.974 1017.19= Entry Point 117385293=exit point which is a geo ID of a wooden stairs

$BasilMod::teleport::show_coords = true;
$BasilMod::teleport::enable = true;

BasilMod::teleport_register("\n\nCombat Zone!", 1, "1026.86 264.974 1017.19", 1, 117385293); //Register new teleport

Gms0012

Post by Gms0012 » 07 May 2016, 08:44

i think u dont need the console

you can configure everything in the config file...

in the console you can turn it on/off without a server restart...

but in the config file you can also edit everything - but then u need to restart the server

please correct me, if i am wrong...

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 07 May 2016, 09:18

Everettham wrote:Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Make sure you are using latest mdos version, re-download it, if you are doubt.
Add teleport mod to server main.cs. Edit config.cs of the mod.
After adding those lines to you config
Code: Select all
$BasilMod::teleport::show_coords = true;
$BasilMod::teleport::enable = true;

you should see coods in the middle of the screen when you are in GM mode.

Gms0012 wrote:but in the config file you can also edit everything - but then u need to restart the server

This is correct.

Stoned_Peasant

Post by Stoned_Peasant » 22 Jun 2016, 12:43

Hi Basil,

First of all thank you for your great work on those mods - very detailed and throughout approach.

I am very new to this so dont judge me harshly :D

However i have been testing teleport mod along some of your other mods and tried to make a "lift" to get to the top of castle keep obviously, however the geo id taken from the item on the roof of the keep would simply send me into one the rooms of the keep half way :D

my question is will it be possible to implement geo altitude into BasilMod::Teleport, or maybe there is a simpler approach?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 22 Jun 2016, 13:31

BasilMod::Teleport has been updated to v4.

You can now specify destination point as a set of coords "X Y Z" instead of GeoID. Player will be teleported to those coords.

Spoiler

Stoned_Peasant wrote:my question is will it be possible to implement geo altitude into BasilMod::Teleport, or maybe there is a simpler approach?

Download latest version, and specify coords of your roof.
Last edited by Custodian on 22 Jun 2016, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

Stoned_Peasant

Post by Stoned_Peasant » 22 Jun 2016, 13:43

Wow, thank you! :Yahoo!:

Madmax0207
True Believer

Post by Madmax0207 » 02 Nov 2016, 16:02

Hello

After restart all my teleport are not available. Must i set the points after restart again? or whats happend?

Mfg Mario

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 02 Nov 2016, 17:49

Madmax0207 wrote:After restart all my teleport are not available. Must i set the points after restart again? or whats happend?

Point configuration is loaded from config file.
Make sure that mod is enabled on startup, and you added all your points to your configuration file.

Madmax0207
True Believer

Post by Madmax0207 » 02 Nov 2016, 18:33

Custodian wrote:
Madmax0207 wrote:After restart all my teleport are not available. Must i set the points after restart again? or whats happend?

Point configuration is loaded from config file.
Make sure that mod is enabled on startup, and you added all your points to your configuration file.

Ok

Main.cs ist added.
config file mh. that means i must put the teleport_register also in the config file.
and after restart the config file load the register again.
right?

Mfg Mario

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 02 Nov 2016, 18:41

Madmax0207 wrote:Main.cs ist added.
config file mh.

I don't understand you.

All teleport_register commands should be added only to basilmod/teleport/config.cs file.

Example(default) config.cs file contain examples(which are commented out) for teleports.

Madmax0207
True Believer

Post by Madmax0207 » 02 Nov 2016, 19:03

Custodian wrote:
Madmax0207 wrote:Main.cs ist added.
config file mh.

I don't understand you.

All teleport_register commands should be added only to basilmod/teleport/config.cs file.

Example(default) config.cs file contain examples(which are commented out) for teleports.

No problem :crazy: iam dont understand my self from time to time :Yahoo!: :crazy:

all fine. i read all again :good: and now its working. :good:
thx.

Mfg Mario

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 05 Feb 2017, 19:09

BasilMod::Teleport has been updated to v5 and now compatible with LiF 64bit.

Koreno.gamer

Post by Koreno.gamer » 10 Sep 2017, 20:56

I cannot get this to work.

I created the BasilMod folder and the teleport folder inside it.

I put those 2 tiles into the teleport folder

I restarted the server

When I run the command exec("BasilMod/teleport/teleport.cs"); I get the message that there is a missing file "BasilMod/teleport/teleport.cs"

Well of course the file is missing, the file in the teleport folder is called teleport.cs.dso

When i try to run the command BasilMod::teleport_showCoords(); I get the message that the function does not exist.

I forgot to mention that I did also make the edit in the main.cs file. This is what it look like.

Spoiler
Last edited by Koreno.gamer on 10 Sep 2017, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 10 Sep 2017, 21:02

Koreno.gamer wrote:When I run the command exec("BasilMod/teleport/teleport.cs"); I get the message that there is a missing file "BasilMod/teleport/teleport.cs"

You should add this command to your server main.cs file, or run it command at server console. Here is an example how it looks like:
server console:
Spoiler

Koreno.gamer wrote:Well of course the file is missing, the file in the teleport folder is called teleport.cs.dso

File is named "teleport.cs.dso", and exec command contains "teleport.cs" without ".dso" suffix, this is correct.

Koreno.gamer wrote:When i try to run the command BasilMod::teleport_showCoords(); I get the message that the function does not exist.

Mod is not loaded, so function does not exist.

Return to Game mods