MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Unbeaten » 27 May 2016, 17:17

I just want to say the responsiveness and activity of this thread from both the community and developers has been awesome. I have answered many questions I had, and some I had not thought to ask.

I do want to ask that people read through each question they are even numbered. The further we go the more repeat questions we get. The most constant repeat is when do I get in, what phase am I? this has been posted on the news section of the website and been answered multiple times here. Most of us wont be in for a undetermined amount of time, 3-6 months is my guess. You either did not support the game before it was a game on Indie GoGo (Gold forum name). Or didn't play along side the developers and have been granted access by Bobik himself as a special (blue (best tester name)).

Thanks everyone. :beer:

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 27 May 2016, 17:26

63. How will issues that Admins had to routinely clean up be handled? I.E bugged teraforming under walls, bugged tubs, bugged anything that break game mechanics.

• Answer: We will have a GM team that will help to solve such issues. Also, we are planninng to fix bugs that cause such broken behaviour sometime later in beta.

64. How will illegal base building be handled? Well for us it was considered so, what is to stop me from building a base without gatehouses and using teleport to get inside? What is to stop people from all the forms of wall jumping making walls pretty useless all together?

• Answer: We're sure that once we will implement animals to pull carts, such illegal buildings will not work. Other means of wall jumping will not work on an enemy claim. (there will be no JH, only official wars and such).

65. Leads me to is Gravity enabled?

• Answer: Probably 1 meter offset max.

66. Will there be a in game reporting function for both bugs, cheats, exploits or anything else we may need to quickly contact a GM for? Lucky I am always recording all of my gameplay to a external.

• Answer: Yes, there will be.

67. Will you be able to claim valuable resources, say if an alliance took all of the clay in the north or all of the map somehow, it seems somewhat unrealistic you couldnt attempt to sneak in and steal some at night. I mean you could during JH I suppose but what will be the MMO's take on claiming resources?

• Answer: FFA (free for all) if SOMEHOW some entity will be able to block all the clay on map - then they did a good job and have all the rights to reap results. Life IS Feudal. ;)

KiroElmarok
Zealous Believer

Post by KiroElmarok » 27 May 2016, 18:23

68. Any plans on doing independent backer packages for us to purchase now? Or is LiF:YO currently the only way?

• Answer: Stay tuned for some news.

69. Ships for testing at anypoint?

• Answer: Not likely.

MMO HYPE! :beer:
Last edited by KiroElmarok on 31 May 2016, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Gwenhyfar
True Believer

Post by Gwenhyfar » 27 May 2016, 21:55

70. Could you further explain the roles of the official GMs?

• Answer: Players support of all means. Fixing bug related problems. Organization of a server-wide events etc.

Everet

Post by Everet » 27 May 2016, 23:14

71. Are thinking of putting a local server time so that it can not change the day / night cycle changing your own local time?(highly needed in Your Own aswell) :evil:

• Answer: We have such plans, yes. ;)

72. Are you thinking of changing the distance of the grass for several kinds of low medium and high quality?

this is so that the distance grass 0.0 is not a plus for those who want to enjoy a good graphic look in the game. :bad:

• Answer: That can be tweaked manually. Not entirely sure what you mean though.

73. you have thought of combat when the state of combat at some point that if you hit someone the result is that just pierce the enemy without damage result? :angel:

• Answer: We're working on fixing that. Sometimes result of such behaviour is a lag (victim is not actually here where you see him). In some cases it's some elusive bug we're tracking right now.

¡Waiting for the 2nd Wave!

I hope it lasts 2 months at most [0 and 1 waves] Have luck developers! :Bravo:

See you into the MMO! :beer:

Cattoaster

Post by Cattoaster » 28 May 2016, 07:17

74. Testing server stability: Do you plan to migrate with a large number of testers from one server node to another.
(Remembering a 30-man group walking from one tile to another in YO:Own back in NoV '14 -- a long time ago. It was awesome, but a bit laggy :D )

• Answer: That's where you (players) will help us ;)

75. Do you plan to spawn a large number of animals for further server stability testings? How much animals can we expect per server node?

• Answer: Yup, perhaps in some kind of event (Natives invasion ;) )

76. Will animals be able to roam between server nodes?

• Answer: Probably not.

Un1ver5al

Post by Un1ver5al » 28 May 2016, 08:49

Thanks for taking the time to do this Q&A.

If there's a thread somewhere talking about this kind of thing already then my apologies for going over old ground. That said,

77. If I'm standing on one edge of a node, and fire an arrow across the border into another node, how will that be handled? Is there a "crossover border zone" that blends the activities for a small area? Also is view distance and player activity rendered across zones or will you be introducing geographical features to streamline the players transitions between the map nodes?

• Answer: It is already implemented and working. You will see it by yourself relatively soon ;)

Dannan
Beta Tester

Post by Dannan » 28 May 2016, 21:09

78. In YO player first names had to be unique, will this also be the case in the MMO? If not, will uniqueness be established by a combination of player first and last names?

• Answer: First name will have to be unique. Family name - not

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 28 May 2016, 22:25

79. What do you plan for the CBT criminals ? will we be able to delete and create our character as much as we want and then being forever able to kill on sight; because the plan for the released game doesn't really permit it without buying again the character and then, giving some kind of punishment

• Answer:We will consider that. If we will see a huge gank fest arising accross beta testers, we will enforce one character rule.

80. Will the cash shop design is planned for the CBT ? with virtual money/tokens and then having the first views of the cash shop and cosmetics ?

• Answer: Not on the first waves for sure. Probably on later ones.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Reallight

Post by Reallight » 28 May 2016, 23:26

81. Will be any new cultur buildings?
for example if i build in a desert terrain a city, may i build some new buildings like "arabic" style? :pardon:

• Answer: Probably later, yes. We have such plans.

TimKing
True Believer

Post by TimKing » 29 May 2016, 01:06

82. Will there be any new buildings like a Church or a Tailor shop or different styles of houses ?

• Answer: Same as above (Q 81)

83. Will there be a "Wall Torch" something you could place against the wall in the house or keep to light it up?

• Answer: Nope, that is too much of a complex mechanics for a MMO scale.

Mrwollin

Post by Mrwollin » 29 May 2016, 05:27

So I bought this game December 20th, 2014. What exactly is considered early adopter for the MMO, because I never made a forums account until today so I doubt I am fancy gold named

• Answer: You are eligible for wave #2 as an owner of LiF:YO.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 29 May 2016, 08:05

Mrwollin wrote:So I bought this game December 20th, 2014. What exactly is considered early adopter for the MMO, because I never made a forums account until today so I doubt I am fancy gold named

I can answer you before Bobik, as he already answered it before in this topic, buying LiF:YO Early access doesn't make you eligible for the #0 and #1, but for the #2 yes

Hotshot25120
Zealous Believer

Post by Hotshot25120 » 30 May 2016, 22:30

Thanks

Arrakis09 wrote:Hey folks! :)

Closed Beta is just behind the door, and this is interactive FAQ is where you can ask your questions regarding only MMO tests. For questions regarding game itself, see this MMO interactive FAQ. ;)

Note: This thread is ONLY for questions about MMO Tests, not the game!

antonio70

Post by antonio70 » 31 May 2016, 10:56

Do you plan to add more maps to Life is Feudal YO from MMO servers? Or add new maps other way like generator or editor of maps? :)

• Not related to beta testing.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 31 May 2016, 14:26

84. What other server settings (besides skill cap) will be different for the first round of testing (hours in a day, extraction amount, other).

• Answer: There is no final decision in that matter yet.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 31 May 2016, 14:39

85. What is the current status of the initial tests by the studio? And what is a crude speculation of when we can expect the #0 wave to hit?

• Answer: Still in progress. Hopefully we will be able to start Wave #0 this Friday.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 31 May 2016, 14:55

Unbeaten wrote:65. Leads me to is Gravity enabled?

• Answer: Probably 1 meter offset max.

86. hmmmm, what about trophies, paintings and other decorative stuff ? I experience a YO server with 1m height limitation and we were not able to display them correctly

• Answer: Maybe we will make some kind of exclusion for decorative, noncolidable objects that are used for aesthetic purposes only.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 31 May 2016, 18:26

87. Do you still plan to remove global chat, and then, no global chat for the CBT ? Will the friend system and advanced guild system available at beta launch ?

• Answer: We will probably leave it for first beta waves for easier overall communication. Friends system will be implemented in later stages. Question about guild system was answered before.

88. Is the payer for homecoming still here ? I remember it was maybe planned to remove it for the MMO, or decreasing its power to only one node ? (I don't hope so, like the global chat, these 2 features shouldn't be in the MMO)

• Answer: Homecoming will still be there. We will see how it will work in MMO and will nerf it if we see it is necessary.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 01 Jun 2016, 17:02

Azzerhoden wrote:84. What other server settings (besides skill cap) will be different for the first round of testing (hours in a day, extraction amount, other).

• Answer: There is no final decision in that matter yet.

Let me request the following then:

Existing defaults for phase 1 to test basic server functionality.

Phase 2- skill set cap at 400, day cycle at 6 hours. The later means crops will take 2 real days to grow. This made for some interesting changes on our latest server, and I'd like to see it applied on a larger scale.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Skywalker75
Devoted Believer

Post by Skywalker75 » 01 Jun 2016, 19:29

OMG what an awesome information :D Cant wait to test on MMO Servers.

Great work so far :) :beer:

SpankerShim
True Believer

Post by SpankerShim » 02 Jun 2016, 00:57

Pretty cool

Exden

Post by Exden » 02 Jun 2016, 14:02

89) Will LiF:MMO minimum/recommended system requirements be similar to LiF:YO? Could you make en estimation based on LiF:YO?

• Answer: We expect them to be roughly the same. But you might want a bit better video card to perform better in massive encounters.

Gonfishin8

Post by Gonfishin8 » 02 Jun 2016, 15:56

Can't wait for this game to come out fully. Looking forward to MMO. :Yahoo!:

Diablo1903
Zealous Believer

Post by Diablo1903 » 03 Jun 2016, 05:16

90. So we can already rotate the x/y axis, in the mmo will we be able to rotate objects on the z axis? For example, to stand logs straight up instead of laying down.

• Answer: Probably not. That is not in our plans so far.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 03 Jun 2016, 15:03

91. Still plan to release today?

• Answer: Unfortunately no. Next week 99.99%. We will make an announcement on that matter later today.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 03 Jun 2016, 21:50

92. What is this in your new office? Is it a gas valve, or faucet, over a ventilation shaft?

93. Which of you is the Austin Powers fan? :ROFL:

Last edited by Stormsblade on 07 Jun 2016, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 04 Jun 2016, 20:39

94. It is more a suggestion than a question : do you plan the possibility to change our character soon after (within 30min) the creation (in the MMO) if the player made a mistake and wish to change the name, a letter or simply hair colour ?

• Answer: We will provide some kind of paid service to edit your character once in a while.

Darkoden

Post by Darkoden » 05 Jun 2016, 20:35

hello all love the game so far hope the mmo turns out awesome as it has taken a long time to get here

Katierouu
Beta Tester

Post by Katierouu » 06 Jun 2016, 13:09

95. Seeing as the map is made up of server nodes, will you in the future be able to seamlessly add onto the current map? So lets say you get boats working perfectly and you wanted to do a massive expansion is it possible to just add 3 - 4 blocks of ocean maybe with islands, then another continent?

• Answer: Certainly yes! That is our initial plan all time long ;)

Return to General Discussion