MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Kapustin_Yar

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 06 Jun 2016, 14:02

96. Can we get a sneak peek of the Beta? I wouldn't mind a small tour of the new continent and see what changed visually. I'm sure most areas are complete enough to give us a glance. After all, I'm a bit disappointed that as a "normal" LiF user I'll have to wait months to be playing it myself.

• Answer: There is no NDA so people will post videos and screenshots from closed tests, and there surely will be some streamers as well. ;)

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 06 Jun 2016, 15:39

97. Will you let people mod the MMO ? or things will be restricted ?

• Answer: Client side mods will be allowed, but moderated by us.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 06 Jun 2016, 23:00

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:97. Will you let people mod the MMO ? or things will be restricted ?

• Answer: Client side mods will be allowed, but moderated by us.
:Yahoo!: cant image how to play without numbered herbs :beer:
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 07 Jun 2016, 08:22

98. IF you'll sell cosmetic items in the cash shop, what will happen when people will die with bought stuff on, will the cash shop cosmetic items will be bound or will they be full loot too ?

• Answer: They will be bound to account.

Lakefisher1
Beta Tester

Post by Lakefisher1 » 07 Jun 2016, 10:03

What will the additional eligibility requirement be for Beta Wave 1?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 07 Jun 2016, 13:46

99. What will happen if we disconnect on a node, and when we try to reconnect, this node is offline for maintenance/crash or whatever ?

• Answer: You will not be able to join with that character on a crashed node. You will have to create a new one or wait. So the Golden rule #1 of an alpha/beta LiF tester - once you've created a character run away like from fire from 25th server node :)

100. What will happen if a player is disconnected for any reason from an instanced battleground ?

• Answer: He will have some time to reconnect and if he fails - he will be counted as a deserter in the battle results.

(I'm aware our questions are more about the MMO final release and no more CBT :D :Yahoo!: but, hey, we are so hyped :D thanks again)
Last edited by Khan- on 07 Jun 2016, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

Cattoaster

Post by Cattoaster » 07 Jun 2016, 14:18

101. Do you plan to use a special subforum for MMO related maintenance announcements / hotfixes and patches?

• Answer: Probably yes.

102. Could you estimate a regular maintenance time? In my view, a regular maintenance time for the MMO Test, based on player feedback, would be a good thing and it might not need to use every day or week.

• Answer: An hour or so daily. You can expect such maintenance to appear more often at the beginning of tests with decreasing frequency at later beta stages.

Solo_Kamen
True Believer

Post by Solo_Kamen » 07 Jun 2016, 17:37

[new on forum but bought BETA version long time ago]
Hi

Is there/will somwhere be some place where we can see early MMO footage or screenshots?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 07 Jun 2016, 17:44

Solo_Kamen wrote:[new on forum but bought BETA version long time ago]
Hi

Is there/will somwhere be some place where we can see early MMO footage or screenshots?

already answered twice, there is no NDA, then, everywhere who people will stream/post pics/videos, youtube, twitch etc

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 07 Jun 2016, 18:05

103. any plans to improve/rework wild animal collision models or AI ? to prevent them to pass through walls and buildings..... i am dreaming about a castle with a lot of bears and wolfs between 2 circles of walls :evil: =))))
am opening the outer gates..... and my pack is raping my enemies :evil:

• Answer: We are working on improving animal AI.
Last edited by Karabas on 08 Jun 2016, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Lake

Post by Lake » 08 Jun 2016, 06:38

104. Who will be eligible for access to the second (#1) beta wave?
Last edited by Lake on 08 Jun 2016, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 08 Jun 2016, 11:30

Lake wrote:104. Who will be eligible for access to the second beta wave?

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/mmo-servers-are-up-beta-tests-incoming-t19459/

Lake

Post by Lake » 08 Jun 2016, 13:46

Whoops, by the second beta wave, I meant the second round of testing, or Wave #1, as it is in that list. I will edit my post now :)

Everet

Post by Everet » 09 Jun 2016, 08:17

Everet wrote:72. Are you thinking of changing the distance of the grass for several kinds of low medium and high quality?

this is so that the distance grass 0.0 is not a plus for those who want to enjoy a good graphic look in the game. :bad:

• Answer: That can be tweaked manually. Not entirely sure what you mean though.

I'm talking about the grass because if level is 0 a visual advantage over any other player plays with grass. all players should remove the grass to be in the same conditions? Another option would lower the quality / quantity of grass

See you into the MMO! :beer:

Old-LadyBothilda

Post by Old-LadyBothilda » 09 Jun 2016, 11:15

105. What will happen in-game if a player tries to walk from an online server to a down server?

Invisible walls?

• Answer: There will be an invisible wall, and also an information "God does not want you there".

Diablo1903
Zealous Believer

Post by Diablo1903 » 09 Jun 2016, 18:41

Will it be possible for the entire server to run out of a resource such as clay, or will there be renewable sources for everything? What will happen if it can and does run out?

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 09 Jun 2016, 18:42

Diablo1903 wrote:Will it be possible for the entire server to run out of a resource such as clay, or will there be renewable sources for everything? What will happen if it can and does run out?

WAR!

:evil:

Lake

Post by Lake » 09 Jun 2016, 19:40

Diablo1903 wrote:Will it be possible for the entire server to run out of a resource such as clay, or will there be renewable sources for everything? What will happen if it can and does run out?

There is this really cool diagram somewhere which shows just how much natural resources there are on the map. I'll if I can find it, and if I do I will put a link here. But basically, there is so much that it will be difficult to run out of clay, and iron to a certain extent, however I imagine eventually gold and silver would become a scarcity (maybe not in the beta though, but when the game has been released for a year or so).

Diablo1903
Zealous Believer

Post by Diablo1903 » 09 Jun 2016, 19:52

Lake wrote:

There is this really cool diagram somewhere which shows just how much natural resources there are on the map. I'll if I can find it, and if I do I will put a link here. But basically, there is so much that it will be difficult to run out of clay, and iron to a certain extent, however I imagine eventually gold and silver would become a scarcity (maybe not in the beta though, but when the game has been released for a year or so).

Silver and Gold especially if they get sacrificed to peoples monuments. But yes I more meant in a few years from now, since im hoping the game lives that long

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 10 Jun 2016, 12:50

107. Did the 0.01% event like Boris barricading himself in your new office happended or there is still a chance for a miracle during the weekend?
EDIT: Nevermind. Congratilations for finally starting. At least something is happening :)

Helaclor

Post by Helaclor » 10 Jun 2016, 19:47

so excited :Yahoo!:

Mrwollin

Post by Mrwollin » 10 Jun 2016, 23:59

I purchased this game December 20, 2014 before it was LIF: YO. Why is this considered beta wave 2? Your exact quote is " Our original backers/donors back from 2014" <----- This is me, I am from 2014. I am failing to understand the problem, and am quite annoyed to be shit on like this.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 11 Jun 2016, 00:06

Mrwollin wrote:I purchased this game December 20, 2014 before it was LIF: YO. Why is this considered beta wave 2? Your exact quote is " Our original backers/donors back from 2014" <----- This is me, I am from 2014. I am failing to understand the problem, and am quite annoyed to be shit on like this.

Did you send the donation (I think it was 50$ minimum to get alpha access) through paypal then send a PM to Bobik so he could upgrade your account ? (that was back in 2014 during the original Alpha Test, the team was very small back then they did everything manually)

Your name should be in yellow if you did.
Spoiler

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 11 Jun 2016, 00:41

Mrwollin wrote:I purchased this game December 20, 2014 before it was LIF: YO. Why is this considered beta wave 2? Your exact quote is " Our original backers/donors back from 2014" <----- This is me, I am from 2014. I am failing to understand the problem, and am quite annoyed to be shit on like this.

if you purchased the game, it MUST have been LiF:YO since it was, and still is, the only LiF product available for sale

early backers made a donation, those are the gold names that qualify for closed beta testing

if i'm not mistaken that donation process ended around september 2014 hence the words "Our original backers from 2014"

hopefully you're now not annoyed and realise that nobody has defacated upon you, because being foolish AND having a turd on your head isn't my definition of having a good day

CrazyCheater
Alpha Tester

Post by CrazyCheater » 11 Jun 2016, 00:49

Your account in these forums is from 2016. How have you "purchased" the game if we had to give bobik an forums-account when we donated to be set as Alpha Tester?

Hasher

Post by Hasher » 11 Jun 2016, 23:46

108. Will the map receive any touch ups in the future or change completely? Currently some geographical features look very odd

• Answer: We do not plan to rework it completely, but some touch ups will be definitely there.

Jackstark5

Post by Jackstark5 » 12 Jun 2016, 04:45

i would kill to get in on mmo wave 1.
-Jack Stark

I like to play

JackStark
Zealous Believer

Post by JackStark » 12 Jun 2016, 05:03

on a serious note though, wouldn't it make sense to invite people who actually play the game to wave 0? i know i'm late to the party, but i've loggeg almost 500 hours in the past 4 months since i purchased this game

If the guild systems are to be properly tested, it would seem logical to let in groups of people who are passionate and extremely active.

I realize MMO EA was promised to the original backers, but there are like 19 guys on day one.... while hundreds are drooling to get a chance to help test the game they love..

anyway, good work guys.. i psychotically await wave 2....

Lake

Post by Lake » 12 Jun 2016, 11:03

I think you are slightly mistaken here. LiF:YO was released on 10th September 2014 (or there abouts) on Steam. So if you purchased it in December of that year, you definitely brought YO.

Also, please don't get angry, as everybody has been waiting as long as you have, if not longer. There isn't a problem at all, you will get access in Wave #2, because of what I said in my first paragraph - just like me and most of the community will.

Lake

Post by Lake » 12 Jun 2016, 11:06

JackStark wrote:on a serious note though, wouldn't it make sense to invite people who actually play the game to wave 0? i know i'm late to the party, but i've loggeg almost 500 hours in the past 4 months since i purchased this game

If the guild systems are to be properly tested, it would seem logical to let in groups of people who are passionate and extremely active.

I realize MMO EA was promised to the original backers, but there are like 19 guys on day one.... while hundreds are drooling to get a chance to help test the game they love..

anyway, good work guys.. i psychotically await wave 2....

We don't yet know what will give access to Wave #1. However, there are rumours that it will be people who have been helpful in the community, or people who bought the game after a certain period of time after release. I think that having the most active players in the LiF:YO community would be a very good idea, as it would allow better stress testing that the ~100 people who still play as Alpha/Beta backers.

Return to General Discussion