Newbie Island?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

CrimmCreeper

Newbie Island?

Post by CrimmCreeper » 06 Jul 2016, 17:49

Hello!

Im new to this i saw the add for this and KNEW i had to try it out, I read about this NEWBIE ISLAND??? do i have to purchase game first?? i dont believe i have to since i read that it was free! everytime i read about this newbie island it only directs me to the thread explaining newbie island, it never directs me on where to go and register and play on newbie island... (So please Guide me to where i need to go to actually play on this newbie island.)

ALSO.

I heard that you have to pay to leave newbie island?? is this additional cost to the ACTUAL 40$ payment to play the real thing or is just just the 40$ payment to play the real..

Furthermore.

I want to bring a GROUP of friends about 5-10 HOW SURE can i be that we all land in the same world together? HOW do i go about planning for us all to land on the right server? anything special i need to do or once i purchase we have option to make new server or play on current ???

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Newbie Island?

Post by Sharana » 06 Jul 2016, 18:08

You mixed the two games. LiF:YO and LiF:MMO are different games.
Newbie island is MMO feature, it's not released yet - still in closed test. What you can buy on Steam is the LiF:YO - that's miniversion of the MMO with almost the same mechanics, but only small landmass (3x3km island) and private servers with up to 64 players. If you all join the same server (you select names from a list) you will play together with your group.
Also if you own LiF:YO (from steam) you will have one free ticket to leave the newbie island and join the big MMO map.

CrimmCreeper

Post by CrimmCreeper » 07 Jul 2016, 00:16

So a bit confused on just the one part:

you saying that newbie island doesnt exist until Lif:MMO comes out, and that if i go ahead and BUY Lif:YO right now ill get a ticket so that when MMO comes out i can go and play on newbie island and get out for free to play the actual mmo since i already payed to play Lif:YO.

But why would i need to go on Newbie island if i already have the knowledge from Life:YO?? i dont get it and do you beleive Right now is a great time to start?? and you think this is a great game??
I want to play it and bring some friends! are you a active mic speaker? interested in joining a new world with me?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 07 Jul 2016, 17:06

Everyone will start on 'a' newbie island when the MMO launches (clearly large numbers of players will require multiple instances of it). Coincidentally, newbie island and the island in YO are the same. Everything on a newbie island will be reset daily, as these are meant to be temporary play areas.

The purpose of newbie island is to introduce new players to the game without requiring that they purchase the game. Those who like it can then purchase a 'golden ticket' to be transported to the main MMO land mass. It's speculation, but I imagine at that point players will be able to select which server they wish to play on as well (the number and locations has yet to be finalized, outside of the initial server in Germany).

One outstanding issue that needs to be considered (and addressed) is the fact that newbie griefers (and I am not referring to any of our existing noble player base) will likely login to these servers with the intention of killing other newbie players trying to determine if they want to play the game or not. They will run about with primitive tools and slings and, while most new players are still trying to figure out the controls, kill them mercilessly. While PvP is part of the game, the MMO will have built in penalties for 'red' players. Daily wipes and free accounts will make this moot on newbie island.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Aniimosiity
True Believer

Post by Aniimosiity » 05 Oct 2017, 19:10

I just paid for the MMO. I have had Your own for 400+ hours. But why did it put me on newbie island? please help

Ludomero
Zealous Believer

Post by Ludomero » 05 Oct 2017, 23:37

I think that even with 10 times more hours of experience you would start in this island.
The difference between a real newbie and a veteran is that this last one will likely rush to the ferryman in order to board for Abella the soonest possible.

But you may also be a veteran but having stopped the game for a long time and wanting to restart without stress.

In any case you start there but it is your choice to leave it soon or late.
Membre de l'alliance francophone Royaume Franc Site
__________Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum

Yomorha
True Believer

Post by Yomorha » 07 Oct 2017, 07:53

Helo all,

got "little" problem.. Are there any problems with ferryman in newbie island? It's not active. I can't go away from newbie island. I have to do something to go away from the island? Thx for help:)

TheChosenOne
True Believer

Post by TheChosenOne » 07 Oct 2017, 17:14

Yomorha wrote:Helo all,

got "little" problem.. Are there any problems with ferryman in newbie island? It's not active. I can't go away from newbie island. I have to do something to go away from the island? Thx for help:)

I am having the exact same problem. Cannot get off the newbie island because the farryman is not active I cannot interact with it.

TheChosenOne
True Believer

Post by TheChosenOne » 07 Oct 2017, 17:44

Found the solution post107023/?hilit=Unable%20to%20interact%20with%20Ferryman?#p107023

Yomorha
True Believer

Post by Yomorha » 08 Oct 2017, 07:58

TheChosenOne wrote:

Found the solution post107023/?hilit=Unable%20to%20interact%20with%20Ferryman?#p107023

Thank You very much. It helped and that fix should be given in next patch. Thx again!

Return to Newcomer Section