Development News #14 - ‘extra padding!’

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #14 - ‘extra padding!’

Post by Arrakis » 19 Aug 2016, 14:26

Hey everyone, welcome to this week’s development news!

Following [Plate armor], we are happy to introduce you to the new Padded armor. It’s super lightweight but with reasonable protection - armor like this was widely used among early medieval warriors.

Padded armor allows you to move faster for longer and carry more weight, as well as giving some decent protection. We are going to introduce an overhauled armor creation system in LiF. Cloth armor will soon become more affordable than the other types and will take its proper place in your inventory.

You might have seen that we launched a [patch] yesterday, that quite a few of our players have been really excited for. We have received numerous requests in the past for Observe Mode to work while moving so you can plan your terraforming needs from every angle.

We are also super excited to let you all know that we have managed to find some code that was not optimal - fixing it resulted in a significant server performance boost!

Check out the patch announcement for the rest of the notes.

Thanks for reading, look out for next week’s post!

- The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #14 - ‘extra padding!’

Post by Khan- » 19 Aug 2016, 14:40

Hello Arrakis, a question about all these New armors... Will they replace existing ones or will they be implemented beside the old ones ?

Nice work though
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 20 Aug 2016, 04:18

Really happy to see those armour variations in the game. It would be gold if they didn't take half a year to make as well, as you mentioned. It should be available to a reasonably small village, as in not needing multiple structures to make some padded armour. :beer: :Yahoo!:
Looking forward to a test wave1. Bring it on!
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 20 Aug 2016, 13:47

FFS developers. I'm slowly starting to lose my temper here. Can you and your designers please finally switch off the damn "Fantasy mode" when designing your ugly new shit.
I have clocked my 2k-something hours with LiF, so I don't care anymore. I have dropped the game. But it's really sad to see what happened with the original LiF vision from years back and how me and many others have decided to drop the game, deinstall it and move on, even before the original MMO has even been released. Bad choices of you developers have led to this and I'm sad to say that I am abandoning this game. To me it's over. You once had a great vision and started out promising but that's the past. You messed it up and ruined LiF and, tbh, will probably never actually release the MMO. Good bye LiF. :(

Mercenary

Post by Mercenary » 20 Aug 2016, 20:22

+1 :good:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 Aug 2016, 22:19

Aye, +1 on the performance and the new observe mode.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Baal Marduk

Post by Baal Marduk » 23 Aug 2016, 08:49

This armor truly has a fantasy style, but it is soft to me. You should take a deep breath and stop whinning to the developpers just because you dislike an armor skin which is not even implemented in the game dude.

I bought the game the day it went out and I'm really impressed of what it became. Never though it could be so gorgeous and more addictive it was...

Keep the good work!

Baz44331

Post by Baz44331 » 01 Sep 2016, 11:18

There look great guys, is there a time line when these will be released?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 01 Sep 2016, 12:42

Baz44331 wrote:There look great guys, is there a time line when these will be released?

Not yet.

KiroElmarok
Zealous Believer

Post by KiroElmarok » 02 Sep 2016, 15:12

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:Hello Arrakis, a question about all these New armors... Will they replace existing ones or will they be implemented beside the old ones ?

Nice work though

I'd hope so, variety is always a good thing.

All the new concepts look really epic !

Return to Development News