Gms0012

Re: [MOD] BasilMod::Pack

Post by Gms0012 » 30 Jul 2016, 05:38

if you want to change the storage you have to do this in the database

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 30 Jul 2016, 09:48

Risco87 wrote:and just one last thing, you know how to increase the capacity of truck and warehouse?

1. Make sure you have BasilMod::Pack installed and running on the server.
  2. Make sure that "BasilMod::pack_updateObjectsTypes();" is added to the content.cs file of BasilMod::Pack configuration.
  3. You need to alter capacity settings for the object at object_types table, export such change to sql. Or you can directly write required sql code to your dump.sql.
  4. Next you need add this sql to the end of dump.sql file.
    It will be required to re-add those sql lines to dump.sql after each patch released (as every new patch can reset your dump.sql).

Bramz

Post by Bramz » 30 Jul 2016, 10:34

Hey Custodian ,

Where can i find a download link to the pack as I would love to use this on my server ?

Bram

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 30 Jul 2016, 10:59

Bramz wrote:Where can i find a download link to the pack as I would love to use this on my server ?

At head post, under "Client-side instructions" and/or "Server-side instructions" spoilers.

Bramz

Post by Bramz » 30 Jul 2016, 14:15

are these all up to date with the things you done on it ?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 30 Jul 2016, 14:25

Bramz wrote:are these all up to date with the things you done on it ?

Everything is up to date unless other is specified in the topic.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » 06 Aug 2016, 03:01

Hey Custodian, I was wondering if you could help with a little trouble shooting going on with a server i'm playing on. The mod works fine, for about 9/10th's of the time, but every time I exit the game, and come back in later, I have to re-install basil mod, uninstall it and re-install it through entering into the game, and half the time that doesn't even work, and I need to go out, delete the files out of the YO folder and re-install the mod all together, before I can play in the server, with basil mod. Is this a server side issue? Or is this an issue i'm having on my end?

Gms0012

Post by Gms0012 » 06 Aug 2016, 06:10

we have the same issue..

sometimes it makes a new "download" at game start..
sometimes not...

(without NO changes on the server)

then we have players where the mod is working... and we also have the opposite...

before the last LIF update everything was fine.. but now some players have issues..

also we have players, raven does not working anymore (other player can use it, some not)

(when we have problems, we delete basil folder), try a reinstall and many other stuff

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 06 Aug 2016, 12:11

Enigma wrote:Is this a server side issue? Or is this an issue i'm having on my end?

I'm investigating this issue. It is related to the changes in client loading queue, so it timed out on server requests from basilmod::pack.
Please, share your server log, and client log with failed join attempt to your server, if you would like to help me in this puzzle.

Gms0012 wrote:also we have players, raven does not working anymore (other player can use it, some not)

Client and server logs of launching and receiving a raven on players who has such issue will help in resolving this issue. If BasilMod::Pack is optional on your server, such behaviour can be result of non-loaded pack due to timeout on initial requests on server connection.

Galestaer

Post by Galestaer » 12 Aug 2016, 13:24

Some of my users are having problems with the mod. They've installed the mod, enter the game (the message on the bottom-right side shows), but when they try to enter any server with BasilMod, recieve a message telling that they haven't the mod.

There's anything they can do about this to fix this?

PS: Firewall and antivirus were disabled to try, without success.

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 12 Aug 2016, 21:43

Mantoanrodrigo wrote:Some of my users are having problems with the mod. They've installed the mod, enter the game (the message on the bottom-right side shows), but when they try to enter any server with BasilMod, recieve a message telling that they haven't the mod.

There's anything they can do about this to fix this?

PS: Firewall and antivirus were disabled to try, without success.

Read the post right above yours for all your answers.

DopeyZero9

Post by DopeyZero9 » 18 Aug 2016, 16:22

Hi Custodian,

I previously rented a server and had your Mod Pack loaded onto it, it worked flawlessly for the first few people I had setup the mod.

Then 1 person.. 1 person had a problem and boom lol.. all hell breaks loose.

I uninstalled the pack until future notice, but I am a very impatient man so I have to ask, any progress yet?

If I would of read about the server logs I would of saved mine during the time the user was having a problem on my server before I uninstalled them. Apologies.

{Edit In} Apologies, I didn't think of this earlier. Would it be of assistance to you if I had one of these players that is having this issue contact you (pm) then you have them connect to a server you have access to the logs for, to possibly determine the origin? Shot in the dark here.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 20 Aug 2016, 09:52

DopeyZero9 wrote:{Edit In} Apologies, I didn't think of this earlier. Would it be of assistance to you if I had one of these players that is having this issue contact you (pm) then you have them connect to a server you have access to the logs for, to possibly determine the origin? Shot in the dark here.

Client and server logs are required for the time when such issue happens. This would spead up whole process.

DopeyZero9

Post by DopeyZero9 » 20 Aug 2016, 20:56

Custodian wrote:Client and server logs are required for the time when such issue happens. This would spead up whole process.

I would test this on the server I was previously having issues with but since then we have relaunched and the server is too populated to play around with atm.

I can create another server or have a "few" of these players try and connect after I load basil:pack onto it. It will be a day or two.

I will then request their logs as well as save the server logs.

Shootybob

Post by Shootybob » 14 Sep 2016, 05:35

I'm running into an issue where my server is forcing the download of files every time. It does the restart process, then rejoins, and downloads the same files, and wants to restart again.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 14 Sep 2016, 08:51

Shootybob wrote:I'm running into an issue where my server is forcing the download of files every time. It does the restart process, then rejoins, and downloads the same files, and wants to restart again.

Make sure that local game files are accessible and writables.
Root cause of such behaviour, is that mod cannot check CRC of local file, so it re-downloads it.
If you use BasilMod::Chats mod, try to disable it for a moment on your server, and repeat the connection.
If you are unable to resolve your issue, share your client logs with me, so I can diagnose the file which is being re-downloaded in a loop.

Shootybob

Post by Shootybob » 14 Sep 2016, 17:13

Here's the part of the log where it starts downloading. It fails on nine files. My files should be accessible and writable

Spoiler

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 14 Sep 2016, 20:57

Shootybob wrote:Here's the part of the log where it starts downloading. It fails on nine files. My files should be accessible and writable

Code: Select all
CHECKING basilmod/gmannounce/gmannounce.cs.dso 0

CRC value 0 (unless it really 0, but it is not in this case) means that this file is unreadable/unwritable by LiF:Yo process.
Check file permissions and ensure that LiF has write permissions for those files, and they are not blocked (locked) for reading/writing by other processes.

Shootybob

Post by Shootybob » 15 Sep 2016, 05:13

As far as I can tell, it should be read/writable. Could you tell me how to set the permissions properly in windows 10?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 15 Sep 2016, 11:08

Shootybob wrote:Could you tell me how to set the permissions properly in windows 10?

First link from google: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-take-own ... indows-10/

Also, make sure that base64decoder.exe is installed into basilmod/pack/ folder on you client and it could be executed.

Hieve

Post by Hieve » 15 Sep 2016, 18:30

Hey Custodian,

your mods are great so far!
I love that they are this easy to install , configure and that you split everything into modules.
Especially that these are just optional needed is really great, so I can still open my Server for everyone!

I am highly awaiting things like the Auction House and the Battlegrounds - these sound really great!

I am currently trying to mod a bit more of my Server - is there a Way to transfer files like for example "skill_types.xml" automatically on the server join to a client?

Keep on going!

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 15 Sep 2016, 19:01

Hieve wrote: is there a Way to transfer files like for example "skill_types.xml" automatically on the server join to a client?

Please, take a look into head post, server-side confguration section.
You should use pack_content function for that:
BasilMod::pack_content("targetfile", "sourcefile");

Default (example) content configuration file (content.cs) contains an example for your task:
BasilMod::pack_content("data/skill_types.xml");

Syncronization of skill types file is enabled by default.

Be aware, that automatic content tranfer will be done only for players who installed client-side BasilMod::Pack (basilmodloader.zip).

Trovao999
True Believer

Post by Trovao999 » 23 Sep 2016, 17:19

Custodian wrote:
Qwetzalcoatl wrote:You have files and script for Siege tower ?or not ?

BasilMod does not contain siege towers. You need own 3d model for that.

Hello, this design 3D sending you to do the MOD?
What should be the siege tower design format?
I'm talking to a designer and we can do the design with the wheels and the board to move to open and close and the stairs inside. (google tradutor) ;)

Olá, este desenho em 3D envio para você fazer o MOD?
Qual deve ser o formato do desenho da torre de cerco?
Estou conversando com um designer e podemos fazer o desenho com movimento das rodas e da prancha com movimento de abrir e fechar e com as escadas em seu interior.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 25 Sep 2016, 07:36

Trovao999 wrote:Hello, this design 3D sending you to do the MOD?
What should be the siege tower design format?
I'm talking to a designer and we can do the design with the wheels and the board to move to open and close and the stairs inside. (google tradutor) ;)

3D models should be lowpoly, and are required to be in collada/dae or dts format.
Textures should be in dds format.

You may find those links useful:
http://torque-3d.readthedocs.io/en/late ... rview.html
http://torque-3d.readthedocs.io/en/late ... eshes.html

Stolzerrabe

Post by Stolzerrabe » 27 Sep 2016, 23:48

Hello Custodian,

i installed BasilMod v5 + GMAnnounce on my Testserver.
Now, i am not able to Join the Server :%)

Clientside:
I added the basilmodloader.zip into my Client under: "[...]steamapps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own"

Mod Created Folders and Files:
[...path...]\Life is Feudal Your Own

Life is Feudal Your Own\BasilMod
      ..\pack
    • base64decoder.exe
    • pack.cs.dso
    • pack.gui.dso
    • pack.cs.dso
In the Mainscreen on the right Bottom is an Text "BasilMod v5"

Serverside:
I added a Folder "BasilMod" and inside an Folder "pack"
Into the "pack" Folder i copied the files from the Download.

[...path...]\lif_testserver

server\BasilMod
      ..\pack
    • base64encoder.exe
    • config.cs
    • content.cs
    • pack.cs.dso
      ..\client
    • pack.cs.dso
    • pack.gui.dso

I want that players without installed Basil are not able to join, so i choosed
$BasilMod::pack::noModDisconnect = true;

ServerLog said:
"Line 748: ECHO 2016-09-28 01:01:19.967 {} <> [0] BasilMod::Pack v5 (patch level 1.1.1.10) loaded"
"Line 760: ECHO 2016-09-28 01:01:19.975 {} <> [0] BasilMod::GMAnnounce v2 loaded."
"BASIL MOD AUTH HASH 1607 33e989d23318a8deb70279166fb613fb366b5da5"

SCREENSHOTS

EDIT:

Works now!
I joined my "normal, NO BasilMod" Server & deleted the _cache folder from the Client.
After that, Basil restarted LiF & downloaded Content... I was able to connect... :Yahoo!:

EDIT 2:

How do i change recipe_requirements with BasilMod?

I tried:
- Change in Database Table
- Change in xml on BasilMod\_cache\data\recipe_reqirements.xml
- removed the // from content.cs in Line 23
BasilMod::pack_content("data/recipe_requirement.xml", "update/data/recipe_requirement.xml");

Started Server, and everything was reseted...

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 28 Sep 2016, 06:24

Stolzerrabe wrote:How do i change recipe_requirements with BasilMod?

Please, read the mod description:
  • BasilMod::pack_updateRecipeRequirement();
    Auto-generate and sync with client recipe requirements information based on database data. No xml editing involved.

You need to
- Add changes to dump.sql which resets recipes on each server start
- Ensure there is
BasilMod::pack_updateRecipeRequirement();
in your content.cs.

Stolzerrabe

Post by Stolzerrabe » 28 Sep 2016, 11:34

Thx. Works fine :good:

RetroLogi

Post by RetroLogi » 31 Oct 2016, 23:19

someone has problems after the new patch?
on my server, basilmod does'nt work, and does'nt check file when client connect to the server.

EDIT
Resolve, you need to put into $BasilMod::cmVersionCompatible =

"yo_1.1.5.7"

and not "1.1.5.7"

Madmax0207
True Believer

Post by Madmax0207 » 01 Nov 2016, 09:19

RetroLogi wrote:someone has problems after the new patch?
on my server, basilmod does'nt work, and does'nt check file when client connect to the server.

EDIT
Resolve, you need to put into $BasilMod::cmVersionCompatible =

"yo_1.1.5.7"

and not "1.1.5.7"

Hi

Remove the basilmod folder ( client side ) . i tink the basilmod backup load the old files.
delete basilmod folder. and the mod will download the new files during the next connect. Also the backup file after this are the new one.

Mfg Mario

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 01 Nov 2016, 09:44

If you have any problems with your client, verify cache using steam local files check.
You may want to delete basilmod/_cache folder, to prevent using old cached files when switching from basilmod-enabled servers to standard servers (without basilmod).

RetroLogi wrote:Resolve, you need to put into $BasilMod::cmVersionCompatible = "yo_1.1.5.7";

You may use
$BasilMod::cmVersionCompatible = "any";

This would result in basilmod being loaded with any server version.

Return to Game mods