MMO related partnership announcement

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

MMO related partnership announcement

Post by Arrakis » 09 Sep 2016, 16:44

Life is Feudal: MMO

Hey everyone,

For those of you who are interested in the future of Life is Feudal: MMO, we are happy to share some news with you!

We position ourselves as developers and indie publishers, but we obviously lack resources and expertise in other fields of publishing knowledge, like PR, marketing, user acquisition and distribution. Especially on a worldwide MMORPG scale. It became obvious for us that we needed a partner to back up and support us in the aforementioned activities.

Thus, after much consideration and lengthy negotiations, we’ve decided that Xsolla is the best launching partner for us! Their team members have proven to us that they feel and understand how our game is different from many other MMO titles that are currently on the market. We really feel that we’re truly on the same page with them, especially since some of them are veterans of UO gaming. We are really excited and looking forward to launching our MMORPG along with them!
We also want to underline the fact that they WILL NOT be our publishers - but rather, partners that support our MMORPG launch by providing us with all necessary publishing tools, PR and marketing expertise and tech that will be useful. So, don’t fear: the vision of our game and key mechanics will not be desecrated! :)

Launch related activities are being planned at present, and we will announce major beta/release milestones to you as soon as they’re ready and set in stone. One thing that we can hint about is that you can expect the next wave to start in late October 2016! ;)

Dobbles

Re: MMO related partnership announcement

Post by Dobbles » 09 Sep 2016, 17:54

I put this on steam, but putting it here as well to see what others think...

From the xsolla website: "Our advanced monetization solutions make it easy to accept in-game payments worldwide via connection to hi-tech payment platforms."

That doesn't sound very exciting to me. Their primary function as a company is microtransactions? Is the MMO turning into PTW before its even launched?

I guess I am just pessimistic... I get that you want help with PR/marketing type stuff. But your new partner mentions none of that on their about page. Only about how they are good at getting money from gamers.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 09 Sep 2016, 18:07

the MMO is a free to play, the cosmectic only cash shop has always been planned ;)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 09 Sep 2016, 18:14

The MMO was never supposed to be free to play. just we as owners of Life YO get a free character, unless things have changed, which sucks if it has!
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 09 Sep 2016, 18:40

it didn't change... YO owners get their first free characters, but if you want your second character, you'll have to buy it

if you delete your first free character, you'll have to buy a new one if you want to play on the MMO land and not only the noob island which is reset everyday..

nothing changed, still the same plan...

Dobbles

Post by Dobbles » 09 Sep 2016, 18:52

Nothing has changed, but as meatloaf pointed out, your first response was not really true. The game model isn't F2P as you do have to pay for your character or be stuck on the beginner island.

And while there has always been talk of a cosmetic shop, my worry is that announcing a major partner that specializes in separating gamers from their money, it might not stay that way in the long term.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 09 Sep 2016, 19:02

hmmm devs define their MMO as a free to play... most of free to play games do same, where they reduce free account access to some parts of the game (regions, dungeons, raid, game mecanics, pvp)... here, they just let you play on the noob island... very very huge restriction... but... hmm... sure we could name that by many different names :D :beer:

I can understand it could scare some, but this is also a very good news, they are asking for help for things they think they could not be good enough for... and this could speed up dev time (but it also delaied the wave 0 for months...)

':' :friends: :beer:

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 09 Sep 2016, 20:37

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:hmmm devs define their MMO as a free to play...

They never have. It was always a combination of B2P and ingame shop instead of subscription based. The noob island with 24h reset is the demo and preview, not a F2P part...

Dobbles wrote:And while there has always been talk of a cosmetic shop, my worry is that announcing a major partner that specializes in separating gamers from their money, it might not stay that way in the long term.

Even before this Bobik said what should be in the shop. Rent house/spot/land in the main city, enlarge the personal claim (up to 10 radius instead of 4 default iirc), some kind of boosters (like more skillpoints gain for 1h), Armor reskins (like the pretty new ones they are teasing in the dev blogs), beautiful [no drop] clothes, titles, taunts (animation and voice), ability to bear guild's banner flag.

Yes it's not visual stuff only, you can get something - but it's not P2W either where you buy great swords, great armor, resources to influence the economy and so on. As gamer who tries to build his dreamgame he won't allow it. The mentioned things can bring enough revenues already. For 30 or so dollars I have more then 1K hours in LiF:YO and plans for the MMO, of course I will pay for 2nd and 3rd character, shiny armor reskins and maybe other stuff as well, because I [ayed way more money for games I played less. And I can't be the only one.

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 10 Sep 2016, 09:31

I just hope they won't make monthly payments, and that wave#2 character won't count as a first one.

Idea for a shop where you can buy rare things like royal horses(not cheap and loseable) or some unusual parts of clothing/tattoos or titles for real money is good. Expanding your personal claim is also good as long as normaly obtainable one is playable.

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 12 Sep 2016, 14:14

If you can buy any item that has more then just a cosmetic benefit, aka Royal horse, for real money, it becomes minorly pay to win. however, i will buy the SHIT out of cosmetic stuff/second and third characters. i just hope that when you make your first character, you are tied to a specific last name, so as you buy more, all of your characters are of the same "Family" so it can lower the number of Spies drastically. but tbh, id be okay with paying a monthly subscription, as long as it would allow the devs to not run any pay to win programs.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

FlameRiot

Post by FlameRiot » 01 Oct 2016, 14:04

So what you hinted at is that you won't be ready for the next wave in October... :no:

Netos

Post by Netos » 03 Oct 2016, 10:11

So next wave will be wave 1 or wave 2 already?(Going through news I found that post mmo-servers-are-up-beta-tests-incoming-t19459/ but from what I read so far wave 0 went a bit longer than expected so will this be now wave 1 which is announced here?)

Also whats the apprx date for wave 2 to start finally. Waiting now a good while since lif:yo got started.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 03 Oct 2016, 11:28

wave 2 awaited for christmas or 2017

Netos

Post by Netos » 03 Oct 2016, 13:33

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:wave 2 awaited for christmas or 2017

Ok hopefully! Thanks :).