Beta testing branch changes (1.1.5.1 - BETA)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

Beta testing branch changes (1.1.5.1 - BETA)

Post by Arrakis » 07 Oct 2016, 16:13

Life is Feudal: Your Own

In this beta patch, we’re proud to introduce to you two systems, which have been completely rewritten from scratch: animal AI and forest growth algorithms. You may come across some small bugs and glitches here and there, as it is the first time we’ll be testing these new systems on a massive scale with real players, so don’t worry!

Patch notes (ver. 1.1.5.1 - BETA):

New features and tweaks:
  • Implemented completely new AI behavior and spawn algorithms. Animals should be able to follow you inside buildings, not get stuck between trees, spawn better with less bugs and generally work more adequately, with better performance server side
  • Implemented a new forest growth algorithm. Bush growth is taken into account and the overall performance of growing forests should be better now. The visual aspect of the growth should look better too. Overall speed of forest growth has also been significantly lowered
  • Cells blocked by buildings/tunnels/forest visualization is now client side only. It should increase the performance of ‘Observe Mode’ and make it more responsive
  • Added new ability - gathering nuts, which will appear as an inventory item
  • Primitive cooking recipes now available on the big cauldron and kitchen
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a notorious and elusive bug with tanning tubs and drying racks being bugged out in certain unusual circumstances. This might also fix similar bugs with campfires and other objects that have lengthy crafting processes
  • Players are now spawned exactly at the same coordinates they logged off from. This is to prevent exploits, which allowed players to log out near castle walls, only to appear on top of it after logging back in
  • Multiple fixes for improper movable objects positioning/drop
  • Traps no longer disable invulnerable players (just spawned on the trap)
  • Fixed mine for copper ability duration
  • Some other minor fixes

We want to warn you that migration from the current branch to the beta branch should be smooth, but you may have some issues migrating existing beta worlds back into the current release state. With this in mind, please save and backup your worlds before you switch from beta back to release!

If you would like to continue to help us with beta testing the new version and new features, please activate the beta using this password: sandboxLUV4evah1

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Re: Beta testing branch changes (1.1.5.1 - BETA)

Post by Karabas » 07 Oct 2016, 17:16

I dream about pack of bears and wolfs patroling around my castle in the pit..... :crazy:
so - does this new AI provide the ability to change target (agro) ? to target something what is reachable? (to attack the loser who will fall into the pit :evil: )
trying targets one-by-one nonstop and check if a bear can get em maybe will take some of server time......
does the range of agro depend of the animal quality? damage of animal?
(for example - a wolf Q100 can see you from 20 steps and will kill u in 2 bites, but Q1 will see you only from 3-5 steps and annoy you for half hour runing around, missing and hiting for 5-10 dmg)

p.s. an animal can get some XP =) killed a player - got +20 quality =)
u want a strong bear in the pit - feed him =)

p.p.s. A God's Revenge - if you are killed by wild animal - you get +1 karma (works only if u've reached skillcap, skiils not caped = no karma) =)
Last edited by Karabas on 07 Oct 2016, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Enterih

Post by Enterih » 07 Oct 2016, 19:18

When I found bugs exploid or something, where I can report this?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 07 Oct 2016, 19:31

Enterih wrote:When I found bugs exploid or something, where I can report this?

need-support-helpme-lifeisfeudal-com-t17507/

describe your bug at : helpme@lifeisfeudal.com

PLEASE add BETA to the mail title, and send you mail, Tolik will answer you etc :)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 08 Oct 2016, 02:30

Well, first up, I ran a private server I had previously started on my own system. First thing I noticed was that all the trees were small. As in, newly planted small.

Then I cut one down. The durability said 500 out of 19500 and I then proceeded to cut out 50 softwood billets (it was a pine). Is this the new norm?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 09 Oct 2016, 16:05

Here's the quick review I posted on our forums.

The changes in animal behavior is excellent. Previously I could run behind an animal on a mount and repeatedly strike it as long as trees did not get in my way. Now the animals veer away just as I approach within range of swinging. Bulls will now charge you if you attack, and at one point I had managed to mount up on the horse to get some distance. The bull came at me on the horse and pushed the horse sideways slightly.

The animals seem to have less hitpoints now as well. I was able to kill a sow with two crossbow hits. A deer I was shooting took more, and as it was close to death it charged me. I shot it again, only to have to close the distance in a final charge and die at my feet. I had an interesting experience with a bear as well, though it was buggy. I have to test it out more. All the male animals produced heads for mounting, as well as other rarer drops.

I was concerned about the trees taking longer to grow, but the trees are buggy at the moment. They all appear as tiny - newly planted trees. They still produced a lot of material though, so its possible this is intended and full size trees will produce even more.

The vision thing was very noticeable. It became dark and it was difficult to see. I then adjusted my gamma settings and it was only a light improvement, where as before it was a very noticeable improvement. So lights will be necessary to move around at night, unless the moon is out.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Woli
True Believer

Post by Woli » 10 Oct 2016, 21:56

All Tree is bugged

Boundless
Beta Tester

Post by Boundless » 16 Oct 2016, 02:39

Hi, Arrakis, what about 1.1.5.4?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 25 Oct 2016, 12:17

... once there is the 1.5.5.5 but no server available to test it on large scale, maybe you should setup one server from your server to let people try it

this beta patch isn't appealing enough for a large beta branch transfert : /

or maybe you already have all the feedback you want :)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Return to News and Information