Dev Interview 27 Oct. @ 1900 (Moscow time)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Dev Interview 27 Oct. @ 1900 (Moscow time)

Post by Gastenns » 24 Oct 2016, 03:58

Please add your questions below, make them concise, simple, and specific. The obvious subject for this interview will be the Beta waves about to release. The Devs have been super great at answering our questions and last time Bobik was incredibly open with the community on what was going on and what the goal was for the game. Again 1900 Moscow time which I believe is 12pm EST/ 5pm GMT+1 updated time.
Last edited by Gastenns on 24 Oct 2016, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

Jorgen

Re: Dev Interview 27 Oct. @ 1900 (Moscow time)

Post by Jorgen » 24 Oct 2016, 05:18

I would like to know How currency will be crafted (minted) and or the required skillset to make the coins, How will any AI or NPC shops work if any and How will player shops work in detail.
Also how will they change the alignment system and more details on the climbing skill

Grenader
Alpha Tester

Post by Grenader » 24 Oct 2016, 05:29

1)the Percentage preparedness of Guild system?
2)When can we expect things from the developer diaries?

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 24 Oct 2016, 05:37

1. Timeframe for test 28 october? weekend? a week?
2. About beta branch of YO - no test servers available, so dev team will not get enougth info about it (it seems)..... maybe dev team should UP own server with beta branch(official)? IMHO ppl are afraid of problems with migrating databases from beta back to release (announced).
3. May be could be some kind of "collaborating points" what could be earned by reporting bugs, so ppl who are not testers (alpha or beta) could earn a rights to join these groups... IMHO it could really help to catch that kind of bugs what seems like cheats (not wide-known and providing advantage ones) :evil:

About UI customization + fix a bug (every few hours UI resets to default and i have to press F10 and drag all the UI elements again to my favorite spots =((( )
1. make some way to save UI settings (for different situations)+ hotkey to change. Sometimes i play on monitor, another times on TV.... so i need different UI settngs and it is very uncomfortable to tune all these UI options every time. i can change several times in one day so i need hotkeys, please :angel:
2. make possibility to assign items or kinds of items to selected icons on UI panel and selected slots on character model (for example - chain cap is always to icon 1 on 4th icon line , instead of every time manually drag-n-drop when i take it from somewhere to my inventory)
p.s. for release of item binding options for hotkeys whould be nice to have a selector -
- bind this selected item
- bind this class of items
and rules with options - use the item from inventory with highest quality /or durability/ or lowest q/dur or random one if not selected
3. my own presettings of graphics quality for different situations+ hotkeys. when i am traveling and hunting i like to see grass, rain and so on, but in battle i need it to have OFF.

some ppl, as i know, a sharing the game with brother/wife/child on one competur, so different settings with horkeys whould be very nice feature.

4. some hotkeys for emergency chat messages, for example - /stack, sfxinit, serverconnectionresetmovelist, or quickinfo for my guild channel, for example - "i see enemy on SW" when i am patrolling outside our base or watching from corner tower. Sure its not for global chat - only for handmade guildchat or for some another chat i could select.

tune once-use always is better whan manually select every time :angel:
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 24 Oct 2016, 12:24

When will the Coward shout be fixed aka. nerfed to a reasonable power level.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 24 Oct 2016, 17:16

• what do you plan for the war cries ? On the paper it could be fun, but as it is in the game, this is almost breaking. Couldn't be in the unit and formation skill ?
    +
    Styxwash wrote:When will the Coward shout be fixed aka. nerfed to a reasonable power level.

• In crowdin, I found the "leatherwork" and some new workbench for armorsmith and leatherworker. Will the skilltree evolve again, will some skills be merged or split ? what can you say now ?
  • fighting animations are pretty "slow" or "not smooth enough", some combos are impossible to do, and some reward from combos totally useless due the lack of fluidity...
    do you plan to smooth them ? to rework them ?
    it seems you gave high importance to grass/tress animations, but not enough on character animations ?
  • Do you plan any changes for herbalist herbs ? turning off the grass shouldn't be a need, and shouldn't even be possible...
    Will you change herbs models, making them easier to find and pick ?
    Can you reconsider this option tho (turning totally off grass)? even with a very very old graphic card, I was able to put grass at max range without FPS loss...
    you did hard work for grass anymation but 95% of players turn it off
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Zimr
True Believer

Post by Zimr » 24 Oct 2016, 20:19

I do not want to play alone that's why i cant wait for the the LIF mmo to be released but when i start i will be alone. Can i start a camp and live solo possibly for a long time while i find a group worth joining or will i be severely crippled in crafting till i find a guild?

Hurlzalot
Devoted Believer

Post by Hurlzalot » 25 Oct 2016, 03:59

Zimr wrote:I do not want to play alone that's why i cant wait for the the LIF mmo to be released but when i start i will be alone. Can i start a camp and live solo possibly for a long time while i find a group worth joining or will i be severely crippled in crafting till i find a guild?

The answer to both your questions is yes. Yes, you can live solo indefinitely. Yes, you will be severely crippled in crafting because of the skill cap, and the need for more than one skill line to produce better weapons, buildings, etc.

Hurlzalot
Devoted Believer

Post by Hurlzalot » 25 Oct 2016, 04:02

Approximately how many players will be invited for this upcoming test? 500? 1000? 2000?

What is the overall goal of this play test? For guild mechanics? New combat mechanics? Crafting?

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 25 Oct 2016, 05:47

what about our MMO map bases? we didnot feed our monuments for few mounths =(
bases are broken already?
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 25 Oct 2016, 07:51

Hurlzalot wrote:Approximately how many players will be invited for this upcoming test? 500? 1000? 2000?

• And, how many players signed up for the beta ?
  • Any news or ETA for the 64bit client ? few months ago, you seemed ready to announce it, and now, nothing...

Zoey
Zealous Believer

Post by Zoey » 25 Oct 2016, 10:19

Nowadays most of guilds use family names as a guild identifier. But in MMO u can't delete the character and make new with desired name - it's only paid action. Do u have plans to allow guild leader to change family names of guild members? Or some another way to change it ? Sometimes we have to kick someone from guild and we need a way to remove from him our guild-familyname :evil: :D
For YO it's doesn't mater, but for MMO it's important feature to be made.

It could be very feudal,actually ) family clans were very important in politics during that ages, so it could be cool system )
You can die and lose all u had, incl. tabard, but your family name will still provide you some honor and protection, if the name is well-known, of course :)

And will it be possible to have an option for guild-master to evict characters from home?

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 25 Oct 2016, 14:17

Karabas wrote:what about our MMO map bases? we didnot feed our monuments for few mounths =(
bases are broken already?

it has been stated repeatedly that each beta phase will wipe servers up till launch. your base most likely will be gone by the time you get there

Pindragon
True Believer

Post by Pindragon » 25 Oct 2016, 15:16

I was wondering about what the new guild mechanics for the MMO will be? Claims and so on :)

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 25 Oct 2016, 16:21

Pindragon wrote:I was wondering about what the new guild mechanics for the MMO will be? Claims and so on :)

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Claim

you have everything stated by bobik right here

• Is it still planned to let us build on paved tiles, and then, being able to flatten a paved tile ?

Ygg
Zealous Believer

Post by Ygg » 26 Oct 2016, 03:57

Are they going to be stress testing the servers in this next semi-wave?

I've noticed combat seems to have alot of stuttering on beta branch lately, though the trees and animal ai seem to have been smoothed out somewhat, what is the strategy to deal with combat induced lag, get 30+ people nearby one another fighting (worse with horses) and you'll see what i mean. Will server borders have any effect? what if the groups meet on the edge of one?

Ygg
Zealous Believer

Post by Ygg » 26 Oct 2016, 04:08

Any plans for making "the new dark" not be negated by simply raising your gamma?

What are the plans for war cries with combat revamp?

Any word on horse drawn carts?

Will early access steam supporters be able to enter wave 1? (i know it's been asked a million times)

I think most importantly, what can we all do to get to the end goal of an MMO sooner rather than later?

StuntmanB0b
Beta Tester

Post by StuntmanB0b » 26 Oct 2016, 13:48

I think the interview will be at 18:00 Uhr GMT +1 (germany, france etc.), cause in russia is no summertime.

Sleep

Post by Sleep » 26 Oct 2016, 14:33

Will there be new mo-cap animations for attacks in combat instead of clunky ones that we have now?

Can we expect more abilities to defend walls during siege, like spilling boiling oil or throwing heavy objects from the wall on enemy's heads?

What do you think about slowing down any crafting activities (terraforming, tunneling, building) on enemy claims? Now, for example, you can dig under wall obviously faster than irl, but during combat which is real-time.

Is it planned to increase value of ores, rock, granite, etc (by slowing tunneling and mining for example)? Padded armor seems to be more expensive than chainmail, and that's weird.

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 26 Oct 2016, 15:51

Thanks everyone for providing questions (both here and on Discord).
As of now, no new questions will be added to the interview so we have the time to organise and sort out the questions.

StuntmanB0b wrote:I think the interview will be at 18:00 Uhr GMT +1 (germany, france etc.), cause in russia is no summertime.

The interview will be tomorrow at 18:00 GMT+2 (Germany/France has summer time so +2 now)
For our friends in the US that's at noon, 12 PM Eastern Daylight

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Post by Gastenns » 26 Oct 2016, 17:43

Big announcement two beta keys will be announced at the event!!!!

So please come and enjoy the information and thanks again for your questions. Address for the interview stream will be announced here.

Danielhoglan

Post by Danielhoglan » 26 Oct 2016, 20:33

1) beta characters will be wiped? (i hope so, i have fear about making a ugly char)

2) will be more UI improvements? like some kind of light mark around the object under the mouse arrow in the inventory so we know if we are selecting it (i often missclick when picking little stuff)

2/B) can i ask this? to me it's confusing that closing some windows leads to camera movement and other windows leave mouse cursor, i prefer that every window when closed should set a default camera movement

3) will be "life" in the central city? i imagine a solo player looking on boards for jobs where guilds write message for paid job , or tavern with food, or workshop with weapons and equipment

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 26 Oct 2016, 20:57

The interview has already been made, no more questions will be added.
If you still have a burning question, attend the interview tomorrow andask your question there. If there's time left it might get answered.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 27 Oct 2016, 09:03

would be cool if it will be broadcasted, so may be youtube? twitch?..... i would like to hear it via my android smartphone in our traffic jams =)
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Post by Gastenns » 27 Oct 2016, 15:27

hello everyone,

Here is the twitch channel for the interview:

https://www.twitch.tv/ubaciosamse

hope you enjoy and thanks again to the devs for their time!

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 27 Oct 2016, 18:42

Can you end the stream so we can watch the recording?

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 27 Oct 2016, 18:49

Interview is said to be uploaded here in a short time. There is currently an old interview.
https://soundcloud.com/user-856624215

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 27 Oct 2016, 19:38

Rikkarth

Post by Rikkarth » 28 Oct 2016, 00:10

Awesome interview. Good job.

Troy0832
Beta Tester

Post by Troy0832 » 28 Oct 2016, 05:51

Possible to save old broadcasts on twitch so next time we can go back and watch it if we miss it like I did?

Return to General Discussion