How to migrate a world to a new server

Want to learn or teach others some of the finer details of Life is Feudal? This section is for the game guides, tutorials and FAQ's.
Catullo

How to migrate a world to a new server

Post by Catullo » 03 Nov 2016, 11:55

Hello All,

I need to migrate a world from a server to another one.
The old hosting is giving too many problems while the
new one looks to be more stable.

Can you please tell me, step-by-step:
- What are the necessary files to transfer?
- How to move them to the new server?
- Any other useful action to fully migrate the world

Thanks a lot for your kind attention and reply :)
"If voting could change anything it would be made illegal!" (Robert S. Borden - 1976)

TheZar

Re: How to migrate a world to a new server

Post by TheZar » 27 Nov 2016, 06:19

My Server providers offer back ups, Which consist of the world.xml file that has your settings and the full database backup, check with your current server provider about a backup, and then give that to your new guys

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: How to migrate a world to a new server

Post by Azzerhoden » 27 Nov 2016, 15:30

It has been a while since I have done this, so no longer remember all the steps and gotchas, but if you have command line access the following will back up your database.

Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\bin\mysqldump -u root -p<password> <lif name> C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\backup.sql

If you are leasing a lif instance rather than an entire machine, then the above will not help you, but if you are moving from a leased machine to a leased instance, then their admin should be able to import the backup.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Guides and Tutorials