A moderate amount of fails

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Bobik
Project Leader

A moderate amount of fails

Post by Bobik » 31 Oct 2016, 11:17

Life is Feudal: MMO

Hey everyone!

We are happy that we have reached this stage in testing, but unfortunately, we have encountered some issues during the current test run. These issues were centered around being able to properly inform our players of their testing status via email notifications and code/functionality of the build.

During the next two  weeks, we are taking a bit of a timeout to properly address the issues that were discovered by our testers during this last test. On the 11th of November we will begin another short test run and will also invite some users to the testing session. We will issue an email newsletter to inform users that were picked and eligible to participate in our next test run once we start it!

Please continue applying to the beta and do not forget to verify your Life is Feudal:Your Own ownership via billing section of our site.

Thanks for your patience and understanding during this time,

- The team

HydroxTV
Beta Tester

Re: A moderate amount of fails

Post by HydroxTV » 31 Oct 2016, 11:24

Im quite sure that I am speaking on the behalf of the entire BETA testing-community, if I say THANK YOU for the very good weekend of testing. Especially a big thank you to Arrakis and Tolik that have been abused as our "personal pets" in discord over the weekend. But give this thank you to the others "in the background" too of course :)

Happy programming and see you on the 11th Nov. :)

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 31 Oct 2016, 11:26

Thank you for the short opportunity to test the latest mechanics.
The email notification fail was bad one, because many testers didn't know they were selected. Other then that the build was very stable and unlike wave 0 actually playable. We reported many bugs and the new guild system is not really working as intended, but no gamebreaking bugs this time :)

Hope the next wave will last longer and if not have higher multiplier. x10 of the MMO speed was definitely not enough when you play only 2 days.

Rikkarth

Post by Rikkarth » 31 Oct 2016, 11:50

We're very grateful for this opportunity. I believe that this short weekend test was very productive. Everybody that was invited contributed in their own way to the improvement of this game we all love.

The ones who didn't, they were also present at all times, watching our streams and videos we leaked, during this test phase. We're all very happy for the amount of support that we had so far.

Overall I was happy for how playable the game actually was, with almost no crashes compared to the current YO build.

This is a very thrilling, dedicated and interested community, we all hope you realise how much potential this game has, and how big this community is.

It has been the best community I've been on for some years.

A big thank you to all the Devs involved, and to everyone that has been helping this game and community to grow.

We rock has hell.

Zoey
Zealous Believer

Post by Zoey » 31 Oct 2016, 11:52

Thank you guys for the opportunity to participate in the development of the world feudal's! It was not long :cry: , but it was very fun! ;) We hope that our bug reports will help you, look forward to the next wave! :)

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 31 Oct 2016, 15:53

Thanks for the ride!! Looking forward to 11.11.

And just a little idea. Would it be possible to supply 25th server stables with some horses? The map is huge, which is a great thing, but i personaly lost a lot of time on simply walking/swiming, and wild horses are not that easy to find.. Not to mention breeding becouse it takes time before you build a stables. So if the next wave is supposed to be short one 2 it would be very usefull to have some free ride.

LiFKarl
Beta Tester

Post by LiFKarl » 31 Oct 2016, 16:42

Keep up the good work.

Also curious do you track player kills, and if so, who got the most kills during this wave? :D

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 31 Oct 2016, 16:54

KarlBV wrote:Keep up the good work.

Also curious do you track player kills, and if so, who got the most kills during this wave? :D

If they did then they would have to discount lame spawn camping to find the truly proficient.

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 31 Oct 2016, 17:25

ThorneRazeri wrote:
KarlBV wrote:Keep up the good work.

If they did then they would have to discount lame spawn camping to find the truly proficient.

Nah. They can make a "Retarded kid of the month" award, for most effective person running around with primitive axe killing afk/passive people who try to report issues with game.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 31 Oct 2016, 17:41

As someone who watched the beta from the sidelines, I am very glad that you are stepping up and admitting your biggest flaw and fixing it. It is not often that you see developers this involved with the community. Keep up the amazing work, and anxiously awaiting my eventual time to play. :)

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 01 Nov 2016, 13:54

I limited my killing to Karl and his friends :D
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Zimr
True Believer

Post by Zimr » 01 Nov 2016, 15:10

as far as i know i didn't git in to this wave but thanks for the opportunity to play the beta. thank you Bobik and the whole team. love your work.

ROG
Beta Tester

Post by ROG » 03 Nov 2016, 15:50

Ishamael wrote:I limited my killing to Karl and his friends :D

+

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 03 Nov 2016, 16:23

Ishamael wrote:I limited my killing to Karl and his friends :D

LOL - NICE!

After Karl killed me on the first respawn, I just laid there as a corpse to see how long he'd stick around. Wasted a good 15 minutes of his play time as he came back twice more.

Anyone who has been on these forums knows I like PvP, and I have been debating whether to advocate for some type of killboard for the MMO. I made one for several of the servers I hosted (or co-hosted) and I think they were liked (even as primitive as they were).

Think I'll kick off a new thread in the suggestions area for discussion.

Coleedmonds
Beta Tester

Post by Coleedmonds » 03 Nov 2016, 19:15

I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas right now.

Yenko68

Post by Yenko68 » 04 Nov 2016, 19:31

I am trying to verify my ownership but I am struggling to find the billing section of the website. Can anyone lend a hand as I would enjoy helping if i get the chance.

Zimr
True Believer

Post by Zimr » 04 Nov 2016, 19:42

Yenko68 wrote:I am trying to verify my ownership but I am struggling to find the billing section of the website. Can anyone lend a hand as I would enjoy helping if i get the chance.

just click on you username in the upper right hand side when your sighned in

Patriot_eke
Zealous Believer

Post by Patriot_eke » 10 Nov 2016, 05:06

The carebear people playing that haven't built any defenses at all, not even a ditch or dirt wall, are going to be in a world of hurt for the mmo.

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 10 Nov 2016, 16:36

So... Next wave is suppose to start tomorrow. I don't seem to be getting any email about it. Can you share some information on that? Like what time will it start? Will it start at all, or are there still some troubles? I need to plan my weekend so i can test some.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 10 Nov 2016, 16:53

Patriot_eke wrote:The carebear people playing that haven't built any defenses at all, not even a ditch or dirt wall, are going to be in a world of hurt for the mmo.

The carebear people who HAVE built defenses are going to be in a world of hurt if they expect those defenses to keep them safe in the MMO.

Most of the players without defenses don't care about raiders.

Spawn camping in general is lame, but can be valid if:
  • You are trying to keep someone competing against you from making progress
  • If you've been paid to keep them knocked down
  • If you are role-playing a really, evil homicidal maniac
  • Perhaps even if you are a evil homicidal maniac in real life

However, in the current beta testing, unless you are testing how much skill loss you will incur from having a massive negative alignment skill hit after getting killed, all you are doing is hurting the further development of the game. By all means, rush in and kill someone, but then move on.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 10 Nov 2016, 16:56

Popers wrote:So... Next wave is suppose to start tomorrow. I don't seem to be getting any email about it. Can you share some information on that? Like what time will it start? Will it start at all, or are there still some troubles? I need to plan my weekend so i can test some.

Watch the server status page. When it switches to Up and Open, you can log in.

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 10 Nov 2016, 17:20

ThorneRazeri wrote:
Popers wrote:So... Next wave is suppose to start tomorrow. I don't seem to be getting any email about it. Can you share some information on that? Like what time will it start? Will it start at all, or are there still some troubles? I need to plan my weekend so i can test some.

Watch the server status page. When it switches to Up and Open, you can log in.

Lol

It came up like some assasin again.

Rdleavitt

Post by Rdleavitt » 11 Nov 2016, 19:54

So the servers are up, is the emails going out still? How can you tell if you will be able to play?

Zerholt

Post by Zerholt » 12 Nov 2016, 20:58

:%)

Return to News and Information