Development News #24 - Marching on: Continuing Improvements

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #24 - Marching on: Continuing Improvements

Post by Arrakis » 04 Nov 2016, 15:28

Hey everyone!

As you’re likely already aware, we ran more MMO Beta tests over the weekend and of course, had a blast working with you guys, and have taken onboard all feedback.

We are excited that we’re at this point in testing and we’re currently preparing for the next test run.

Firstly, of course, we’re taking some time to iron out bugs and any issues that were brought to our attention - check out this recent announcement for some more information.

In the meantime, here are a couple of MMO screenshots that some of our awesome testers have shared with us!

Thanks SonofKitt

Thanks Khan

Thanks for checking out this week’s development news, catch us next week for more!

- The team

Wookiee420
True Believer

Re: Development News #24 - Marching on: Continuing Improvements

Post by Wookiee420 » 04 Nov 2016, 16:51

Thank you for the update and the screenshots!!! Anxiously checking my email 84 times a day!!! They say patience is a virtue, they must not have been waiting for this game.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 04 Nov 2016, 19:56

Disponible en Français ICI !

You are welcome :)

As discussed on Discord, I also give my link with all my screenshots x)

http://merovee.xyz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=454
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

GrimTitan

Post by GrimTitan » 05 Nov 2016, 14:28

The drool is real, the want is real, the need is real.

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 06 Nov 2016, 20:03

Development News

Here's a couple of generic screenshots.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 06 Nov 2016, 20:07

I'm looking forward to pictures of the valley in the first picture, and watching over time as it grows and transforms from trees, to cottages, and grows and grows till the huge kingdom it is destined to be.

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 11 Nov 2016, 18:25

Wookiee420 wrote:I'm looking forward to pictures of the valley in the first picture, and watching over time as it grows and transforms from trees, to cottages, and grows and grows till the huge kingdom it is destined to be.

or tiny, compact keeps with one house, one blacksmith, one bloomery, stone walls, a 10 meter unbelievably unrealistic drop off from the terraformed plateau, and the total raping and pillaging of anyone who doesn't join one of the big alliances who is blatantly influencing development ("..big established communities should have some kind of advantages.." --Bobik), as everything indicates.

it'll be one or the other, I'm sure.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 11 Nov 2016, 18:59

JTCrowder1 wrote:<snip>

That's a lot of bitterness.

Yes - there have been several large guilds/alliances that have perfected the initial roll-out. At least so far.

Keep in mind though, that the true MMO is not released yet. We haven't even hit the main beta test wave. So the plans that everyone has set upon will have to be adjusted. Many guilds (including the Kingdom of Hyperion) haven't spent a lot of time (intentionally I might add) on 'start up' because we are still so early in the process.

Further, at the moment we are all on one server. That will change. At a minimum there will be two (based on projected interest on these forums (and global demographics). Using the number of sales for YO (around 300K now?) you will be looking at several additional servers. Unless the smelly brown stuff really hits the fan, and based on the dedicated effort and vision of Bitbox I don't see that happening. I would not be surprised if there are as many of 10 global servers.

Finally, its been proven over and over again that massively large organizations do not last in MMOs. Not even within the Kingdom of Hyperion. The difference with us is that we have been around long enough to have learned from those experiences. Doesn't mean others won't succeed, but the experience in a beta where everyone is enthused and living vicariously through the few who have access is far different then a GA launch where the grind and pressure become real across the entire organization.

So, just be patient. There is a lot of development yet to take place in this game. :)

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 11 Nov 2016, 19:07

Definitely bitterness, but zero toward the developers or the publishers.

And EVE online proves that those large alliances last for at least a decade. Go ahead and log on there and get going in null sec...then take away low sec and high sec...

And the number of servers seems a bit irrelevant to me....the number of players on the server now, during the Beta waves, isn't a fraction of what the player base is expected to be, regardless, and I believe it's already behaving that way.

I guess it's just your optimism versus my pessimism, and I sincerely hope you're right.

The problem I have isn't with the development, it's with the exploitation of the spirit of the game by the players.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 11 Nov 2016, 19:51

JTCrowder1 wrote:Definitely bitterness, but zero toward the developers or the publishers.

And EVE online proves that those large alliances last for at least a decade. Go ahead and log on there and get going in null sec...then take away low sec and high sec...

And the number of servers seems a bit irrelevant to me....the number of players on the server now, during the Beta waves, isn't a fraction of what the player base is expected to be, regardless, and I believe it's already behaving that way.

I guess it's just your optimism versus my pessimism, and I sincerely hope you're right.

The problem I have isn't with the development, it's with the exploitation of the spirit of the game by the players.

Eve is not applicable.

I played Eve for over 6 years altogether. Most of the large null sec alliances have gone through multiple iterations. RA is not the RA that made a last stand. The NC spent several years in high sec rebuilding. In fact, not a single null sec alliance has avoided going back to high sec to rebuild. In LIF there is no 'safe place' to rebuild. One design decision that I disagree with.

Further, EvE made the colossal mistake of introducing Super Caps, then allowing them to become more wide spread than a firearm at a gun convention. LIF will not have this vulnerability, unless they introduce dragons as war mounts. As a result, those with supercaps were only every really threatened by those with supercaps.

StuntmanB0b
Beta Tester

Post by StuntmanB0b » 12 Nov 2016, 08:55

Oh ... Friday is gone and no new DEV news ... sad to see that

By the way do you plan to publish a beta patch for YO?

Potrais
Devoted Believer

Post by Potrais » 13 Nov 2016, 12:04

Mr. Crowler, this is not EVE, there are not real rules in eve as it is an open game and the players make the rules and economy. their are support to be a starter city from my understanding. Also the large alliances have gotten together as due to the skill cap and the number of potential players. if your not part of a team or a semi large group, then you are going to experience the game in its full. (life is feudal) I have been a part of the this game almost since it started up, I have almost 5000 hours in this game. I have been killed so many times when I first join a server to level up. but in the end my group was dominate or at least held our own. If you have team work and everyone does there part then its not going to be a problem. Make sure you have great defenses and a group of dedicated players or just have a personal claim and good luck. its just a game at the end of the day, and I really enjoy playing it, both aspects pvp and pve. I like the balance. please enjoy the game and it will be what it will be. you can chose to play or not to play.

Lord Potrais Blackheart
Knights of the Blood Oak

Rinjii
True Believer

Post by Rinjii » 14 Nov 2016, 08:14

I am in love with all the screenshots submitted from the beta. The landscape is looking so much more natural!

Return to Development News