Play.Lifeisfeudal.com Questions

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Play.Lifeisfeudal.com Questions

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Nov 2016, 15:40

Questions about the info on Play.LifeIsFeudal.com.

It looks like the Zealous Believer and Devoted believer can purchase access to the closed beta. Not a problem for me (and glad to see more progress is being made for the game going live), but I have some questions coming at me from guildies, and I have a few of my own.

1) Will alpha members be converted to Zealous Believers? Never been a zealot before. Do I have to dress the part?

2) If the above is true, are Beta members converted to Devoted? Does this include all LIF-YO purchasers?

3) Why do true believers not get any mainland tickets? What are they buying then? Updated: Ahhh, you can give them to others.

4) What does a purchaser of LIF-YO now get? Anything related to the MMO?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Arrakis

Re: Play.Lifeisfeudal.com Questions

Post by Arrakis » 30 Nov 2016, 16:10

Azzerhoden wrote:Questions about the info on Play.LifeIsFeudal.com.

It looks like the Zealous Believer and Devoted believer can purchase access to the closed beta. Not a problem for me (and glad to see more progress is being made for the game going live), but I have some questions coming at me from guildies, and I have a few of my own.

1) Will alpha members be converted to Zealous Believers? Never been a zealot before. Do I have to dress the part?

2) If the above is true, are Beta members converted to Devoted? Does this include all LIF-YO purchasers?

3) Why do true believers not get any mainland tickets? What are they buying then?

4) What does a purchaser of LIF-YO now get? Anything related to the MMO?

First of all, all packs include beta access.

1. We have not decided yet. But we want to keep our alpha testers to stay as special as they always are for us. We might consider some other reward.

2. Nope, beta members will not be converted. They will just have an access and that is all.

3. They get instant access to beta.

4. He gets a discount on such packs. And LiF:YO players will still get a free ticket once we release Life is Feudal:MMO.

Kriegsmann55
Zealous Believer

Post by Kriegsmann55 » 30 Nov 2016, 16:17

What about those of us who have already purchased the YO version? Is it possible for someone like myself to be able to pay for one of those packages and have it apply this account? Are the discounted prices we see on that webpage representative of the 'discounts' you mentioned?

I'm entirely willing to donate what money I can to help out with the development of this game, and getting things like the premium currency and premium subscriptions would likely be something I would do anyway.

Aout
True Believer

Post by Aout » 30 Nov 2016, 16:21

Yet another questionable move after the fake MMO steam vote. Early access and "premium in game currency" for $$$ is wrong. At least you can't construct Monuments ahead of time, that's something ...

Kriegsmann55
Zealous Believer

Post by Kriegsmann55 » 30 Nov 2016, 16:23

Aout wrote:Yet another questionable move after the fake MMO steam vote. Early access and "premium in game currency" for $$$ is wrong. At least you can't construct Monuments ahead of time, that's something ...

The currency is likely going to be used for the cash shop, which has been known about for a long time. This is just the first we've seen about the potential currency for it.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Nov 2016, 16:23

Thanks Arrakis.

As a follow up, so YO purchasers still have a random chance to join the closed beta (wave #1), but anyone who purchases a pack gets guaranteed access to wave 1?

With the open beta coming closer, we are starting our own internal promotions and I'd like to be able to include an FAQ for everyone. So anything else you can provide about the breakdown between YO buyers and the packages would be appreciated.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Aout
True Believer

Post by Aout » 30 Nov 2016, 16:25

Kriegsmann55 wrote:cash shop

Welp, I didn't know. Here I thought this might become a real good game. Most unfortunate.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 30 Nov 2016, 16:28

Please ask your questions about the supporter packs in this thread -> supporter-packs-interactive-faq-t21245/

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Nov 2016, 16:29

Arrakis, I see you have started a thread for questions about the packs. Please feel free to move any of these there and delete this one.

Aout
True Believer

Post by Aout » 30 Nov 2016, 16:41

Also, what does "premium account" entail ? All the visible information about the payment model only ever mentioned character transfers from newb island to the mainland - which is fine, but nothing about stupid cash shops or "premium accounts" .... For me, so far, this is a huge letdown and I regret having purchased YO.

antonio70

Post by antonio70 » 30 Nov 2016, 18:51

Aout wrote:Also, what does "premium account" entail ? All the visible information about the payment model only ever mentioned character transfers from newb island to the mainland - which is fine, but nothing about stupid cash shops or "premium accounts" .... For me, so far, this is a huge letdown and I regret having purchased YO.

It depends on what we will be able to buy in shop for premium currency. If it will be some skins and purely visual stuff is ok but there musn't be stuffs like boost to XP or even dmg buff and simillar.

Aout
True Believer

Post by Aout » 30 Nov 2016, 20:44

Antonio70 wrote:
Aout wrote:Also, what does "premium account" entail ? All the visible information about the payment model only ever mentioned character transfers from newb island to the mainland - which is fine, but nothing about stupid cash shops or "premium accounts" .... For me, so far, this is a huge letdown and I regret having purchased YO.

It depends on what we will be able to buy in shop for premium currency. If it will be some skins and purely visual stuff is ok but there musn't be stuffs like boost to XP or even dmg buff and simillar.

I agree. What worries me is the answer to what you can buy with favor: " In-game currency that will be used for purchase cosmetic and consumables." Nobody knows what the hell that means, but it clearly implies purchasable goods aren't restricted to only cosmetics.

There's also absolutely no information about "premium accounts". What would be the point if it doesn't give you an edge, and giving an edge for money is where I'd draw the line, even if it's only for so-called "convenience".

I don't get what's wrong with sticking to pay-per-character-transfer only. If it's not enough income to maintain the infrastructure, raise the price or do a simple monthly sub for everyone.

Words like "premium account" and "premium currency" sends a clear and negative signal outside this forum filled with white knights.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Nov 2016, 21:55

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/dev-interview-27-oct-1900-moscow-time-t20851/page40/?hilit=No%20Pay%20to%20Win%20items#p84539
24. What items will be in the ingame shop?
=> No Pay to Win items, most items are cosmetic. There will be booster items though, that temporary boost skills or items. These booster are the furthest they will go in term of ‘pay to win’ items.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 30 Nov 2016, 22:39

What was mentioned so far concerning real money is:

- rent house/spot/land in the main city
- enlarge the personal claim (up to 10 radius instead of 4 default)
- some kind of boosters (like more skillpoints gain for 1h)
- Armor reskins (like the pretty new ones they are teasing in the dev blogs)
- beautiful [no drop] clothes
- titles,
- taunts (animation and voice)
- ability to bear guild's banner flag

The whole premium stuff smells bad however - it doesn't belong in sandbox games. In games like World of Tanks or this chinese Tiger game atm premium is 30-50% more rewards per battle, we don't have that in LiF. Can't imagine what premium (with duration) can mean outside faster skill progression for 30 days or whatever you buy.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 30 Nov 2016, 22:47

Don't we all feel "Enlightened" now ha? Phew :D Xsolla <3

Aout
True Believer

Post by Aout » 30 Nov 2016, 23:33

Skill boosts and land claim ? Red flag.

Return to General Discussion