Development News #28 - ‘Now I’m a Believer - More Info’

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #28 - ‘Now I’m a Believer - More Info’

Post by Arrakis » 02 Dec 2016, 16:50

Hey feudalists!

You might have seen our news regarding our new ‘Believer’ packs for the MMO so we thought we’d elaborate a bit for you guys in this week’s news update.

Firstly, the packs are divided into three: True, Devoted, and Zealous (which you can find out more about here)

In order to elaborate a bit better, we’ve picked some useful questions from the FAQ - remember you can check out the FAQ on the forums too if you haven’t already, and submit your questions!

(Thanks Khan for the great screenshot)

What can you actually buy with real money? Just how much "pay2win" is it?
    Answer: It’s mostly cosmetic items and a ticket for character transfer. The original plans to avoid Pay2Win byall costs are still in place, while Bobik is alive and within the project!
Reserving character names for mmo (i guess it is ok) but is guild forming going to be available 2 ?
    Answer: Nope, that will work only for character names.
What is God’s favor?
    Answer: It's a premium currency that you later will be able to buy with real life currency.
What about those of us who donated in the very early days before the game was even on Steam?
    Answer: You still have an access and we want to preserve your unique status by some special unique in-game title or maybe some item. There are no final plans yet.
Are "Tickets to the Mainland of the Realm" in the open-beta available to anyone with YO ownership or only for those who have "Devoted Believer”?
    Answer: Tickets will be available at Beta Wave #2 to everyone. But LiF:YO users will have one such ticket for free.
"Ticket to the Mainland of a Realm" and its tooltip is pretty unclear… is that the "character ticket"? and then, if a YO owner buys the zealous pack, they'll have 3 character tickets and then be able to have 3 characters on their account?
    Answer: Yes, you need one ticket to move one character on the mainland. 
    Have to be: If you want to buy a pack as YO owner, you will be promoted with $10 OFF and getting package with 1 + 3 tickets on Open Beta.
How long after purchasing a package will an account be credited with the benefits? As an example I've purchased a Zealous package and was informed by a prompt that the keys would be available in my personal account, but have not yet received a key for the extra copy of LiF: YO, nor has my account name changed in color.
    Answer:If you activated your pack on your account, you should receive an email confirming the activation.
    If you applied for additional $10 discount, you will not receive additional YO key.
    In-game benefits will be available in Open Beta (Wave #2).

We hope these Q&As help clear up any initial confusion! We definitely recommend visiting the FAQ on the forums for any questions you may have in the future.

Thanks, as always, for being so great and understanding!

- The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #28 - ‘Now I’m a Believer - More Info’

Post by Khan- » 02 Dec 2016, 20:57

Disponible en Français : ICI

Keep making this game a living dream, so I must thank you all for it ! :beer:
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Murgo
Beta Tester

Post by Murgo » 03 Dec 2016, 09:42

I don't mean to be cheeky here, but I just wonder where that leaves us who bought LIF:YO? I don't find it clearly in the Q&A, but I need to know will owning LIF:YO still grant me a character slot in the MMO? or will it only grant me a discount on actually buying one of these MMO packs, which will then grant me a slot in the MMO release? I am a bit confused :D sorry
I'm awake I'm awake
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 03 Dec 2016, 11:05

Murgo wrote:I don't mean to be cheeky here, but I just wonder where that leaves us who bought LIF:YO? I don't find it clearly in the Q&A, but I need to know will owning LIF:YO still grant me a character slot in the MMO? or will it only grant me a discount on actually buying one of these MMO packs, which will then grant me a slot in the MMO release? I am a bit confused :D sorry

You are allready a beta tester, how can that not be clear lol :D
Ofc all YO owners will have a character slot, and yes its clear in the Q&A if you took the time to read it properly :)

Boz
Zealous Believer

Post by Boz » 03 Dec 2016, 17:24

Hi,

"What is God’s favor?
Answer: It's a premium currency that you later will be able to buy with real life currency."

What can Gods favour buy in game? because this will dictate whether it is "Pay to Win" or not. If it is purely cosmetic that is fine otherwise it's a form of pay to win, i think a lot are looking for clarification on this.

Edit: "Newbie tool set" What does this comprise of? Primitive tools? or advanced iron tools? A mallet?

Thanks,
Boz.

Revann1
True Believer

Post by Revann1 » 05 Dec 2016, 23:00

LIF... and its development team... this is from the heart... I believed in you guys from the beginning, but you've taken it too far, my hope in you guys is lost, its clear from your past actions that you forgot about your interest and want to make a hardcore mmorpg and you just want to earn $$ now without care about your playerbase anymore. you've been corrupted.

gods favor will make it pay 2 get advantages. they said "with real money you will only be able to buy MOSTLY cosmetic items" and now "gods favor? wow..

your just looking to set it up so in the future you have a game like swtor which spends its time making content and apparel that can only be bought with real money, and after that it evolves into game advantages that you can use to play easier than other players.

im out of here. Im gone to Wild Terra, then to Chronicles of Elyria once its out. you failed us.

Goltis

Post by Goltis » 09 Dec 2016, 14:05

What will "gods favor" allow you to do or buy?

I really dislike the sound of all this ... supporter packs, premium currency, "MOSTLY cosmetic" item shop (aka there will be advantages bought with real money).

Oh and people buying into closed Beta and YOwners can get into Open Beta? Open Beta as in everyone can download and play whether they own YO or not?

Also, if i use my character Ticket on the open Beta, i will still have a ticket for full release, right? everything else would just be ... bad

Idk guys, i expected a MMO version much earlier after the release of YO and i saw buying YO kind of as buying a supporter pack and getting access to a pretty limited prototype.

This whole thing is starting to smell bad for me...

Ashaara

Post by Ashaara » 10 Dec 2016, 22:57

So you can buyspecial costumes and special only with this premium thing... Thats pretty sad in a sandbox game like this? Well we all know how Ingame micro transactions work = pretty much like every other 0815 mmo where costumes... yeah just nice to have things you know. In a Game like Life is Feudal such things are not really nice to have? There are mandatory or something for some huge groups of people (except pvp people). I dont know the actual state of what will be purchasable, but i cant really guess where this will go at the end of the dev phase = Pretty 90% of average Players are forced to use the same clothing, the same tool skins or whatever and u probably put ingame ads, so they are convinced to put real money continually in ur pockets. That money model is not good for the games image and i hope you never go where other mmos already failed. Look at Daybreaks Games and you will know where this woud lead to.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 11 Dec 2016, 16:19

True fact - many posters in this thread (and others) should spend some time reviewing the sticky threads. They are at the top for a reason.

Granted, sticky threads can be missed from time to time (I certainly have), but these same questions and 'concerns' get posted over and over again.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Mark67
True Believer

Post by Mark67 » 13 Dec 2016, 07:48

А по русски можно дублировать инфу?

Aleksandr2
True Believer

Post by Aleksandr2 » 13 Dec 2016, 11:11

а когда по времени можно заходить на ммо и во сколько начало ведь те которые купили пакеты могут играть уже сегодня?

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 13 Dec 2016, 13:03

Aleksandr2 wrote:а когда по времени можно заходить на ммо и во сколько начало ведь те которые купили пакеты могут играть уже сегодня?

Саня, в этом разделе на английском надо писать.
тест волна запланирована на завтра - 14 декабря. сейчас сервера еще закрыты, так что ждем

sorry for rssian :angel:
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Return to Development News