Crop growth

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Luc_hoss

Crop growth

Post by Luc_hoss » 03 Dec 2016, 04:18

Whats up with the crop growth rates now? It's been over 24 hours since I planted and they're still at the 1st stage! It's Nov 23rd in my server.

Sagriti
Zealous Believer

Re: Crop growth

Post by Sagriti » 03 Dec 2016, 06:57

Same issue here, Sow before our server updated with the new patch , no growth.

Sow new and still also no growth. No tgood when you need Wheat for Animal feed and building.

Glodarin
Beta Tester

Post by Glodarin » 03 Dec 2016, 10:01

Same here! We need a fix for this!

Anarius
Beta Tester

Post by Anarius » 03 Dec 2016, 11:39

"Crops, trees and livestock growth now strictly depends on weather, which in turn depends on the season"

From the patch notes.

Perhaps crops do not grow in winter and your outlook should be to fill your barns by October (much like in real life!), so that you have supply until the next harvest.

As it's winter for you already... well... take the Viking approach and roam elsewhere and see what's in your neighbours' stores :)

Glodarin
Beta Tester

Post by Glodarin » 03 Dec 2016, 11:56

If it was winter, I woudn't say something - but it was mid september and just after the patch when the crop stopped growing.

Glodarin
Beta Tester

Post by Glodarin » 04 Dec 2016, 15:58

So I guess they put in the MMO crops growth rate? After 4 rl days - or 19 ingame days the crops grows one stage.
That is not playabele for YO (and in my oppinion also not in a mmo). Is there another config for that then the day/night cycle?

Glodarin
Beta Tester

Post by Glodarin » 05 Dec 2016, 17:44

The number of views seems to indicate we are not the only one with the problem...

so could you give us a quick comment Arrakis? ;)

Is it a bug or a feature and how can we speed this up?

Deus-X-Incognita

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 05 Dec 2016, 19:43

Info needed => as are full patch notes, not some hints and stealth changes
German RP Server

Byroneastridge
Zealous Believer

Post by Byroneastridge » 05 Dec 2016, 19:50

silence is not golden
all info needed on growth formula
season/weather days/cycle etc etc
haven't seen any growth since patch

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 05 Dec 2016, 19:58

The change is that it's up to the weather now - the crops need between 9 and 12 ingame days (=ticks) to mature. But now with the new mechanic to make farming resource more valuable as with the trees it won't get a growth tick on rainy days, or if it hasn't had any rain recently. So you need good weather to get a growth tick. Too much or too little rain and the crop just sits there.
But even after the conditions are met there is RNG chance to get the growing tick or not, it was introduced to prevent whole fields (and different guild's farms) to mature with the same speed as atomic clock. They will mature with some delay, so if your neighbors farm is growing a bit faster then you just have bad luck.

So combining both changes during bad seasons for farming crops will grow very slow as they need 9-12 days of good weather + few more days if the luck is not on your side. During spring and summer the weather will be good most of the time, so the crops will grow almost as fast as we're used to with good harvests. During bad seasons however it will take more then ingame month for a single cycle with bad harvests.

So as it should have been in the first place there has to be preparation for "winter is coming" and each guild will need more farmers and way bigger fields.

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 05 Dec 2016, 21:50

Life is truely becoming feudal. Seems alot of players are having some trouble adjusting to the MMO changes, creeping into the YO world.

Before these MMO changes and on servers with liberal skill mults/caps we usually had a setup with minimal trading and crafting cooperation between guilds, in some part ofc. due to the missing alliance functions, but mainly because of how easy it is to produce most things within your own guild, with a minimal amount of people.

With materials and products becoming more rare and valuble, every little thing is going to count. Just something as simple as wood for charcoal is going to be an important thing. Good seeds to start a field might also become more of a commodity, rather than a throw away item.

Can't say I like grinding, but any game becomes a "grind" if you keep playing it for the long end-game. But the "grind" of LIF MMO promises to be fun grind, since you have to prioritize, teamwork and always have a long dynamic progression infront of you.

You might gain skill slowly and have a low cap, but you also gather materials at a slower rate and have to rely more on interacting with other people, making the MMO aspect shine.

TyrelionPrime
Devoted Believer

Post by TyrelionPrime » 06 Dec 2016, 10:18

Thanks Sharana for the explanation. I'll pass it on to my farmers :)

MrTopbanana
True Believer

Post by MrTopbanana » 06 Dec 2016, 10:30

Is there any (dev) info about the grow rate in the mmo ?

4 real life days sounds alooot, do we have to starve or do we need really big fields(sounds nearly good) + lot of meat + fish ? >D

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2016, 10:58

Thanks Sharana, I permit myself to translate your analysis to my website von Culmfor french players.

Glodarin
Beta Tester

Post by Glodarin » 06 Dec 2016, 13:01

Thanks Sharana!

Just one more question ;)
When you say "between 9 and 12 ticks to mature" you mean one visual growth step or ready to harvest?
We have a 2.5 day cycle on our server. that are are 9.6 ticks per rl day. Therefore the harvest should be mature in 1-2 rl-days. Even not been lucky and with a little bit of bad weather in autumn it should not be 4 rl days (again just for one growth step).
Also the whole filed popped up on growth step at the same time. So there seems to be no rnd in that.

I have no problem with resources becoming more rare, but i can't see the point here.
Because when it is a "grinder" i have to grind - e.g. I have something to do. But here I just can go offline and have not much reason to come back until next week or more. (If I come back at all...)

Also the MMO settings coming into YO is not a bad thing, as long as I can make them my own. I mean players and animals will still need food at the same rate as before. I could slow it down for the animals but not the players. It seems that all the "hardcore" comes from longer wait periods - and that’s not fun, because it is still a game where I don't want to be idle. We on our server experience that new players come, reach what they can do real fast and then leave because there is nothing else to do ... Cant see why that would be different in the MMO.

Therefore the way of making (farming) stuff more rare must not leave the player idle.

As for YO, i would like to ask the developer for a setting different than the day cycle to speed thinks up.

Moschops
Zealous Believer

Post by Moschops » 12 Dec 2016, 13:43

The seasonal differences are OK, but if they are going to do that it would be really nice if every time you start a new YO server it wasn't the beginning of winter.

Rakasha681

Post by Rakasha681 » 16 Dec 2016, 18:23

If i planted crops before the patch, are they bugged? I ask because i planted a field a few hours before the patch.. it was early november on the server. Now its mid march, and still havent grown. The trees i planted at the same time have all grown since winter ended, but not the crops. or do i have have bad luck/rng and need to wait more?

Purcell

Post by Purcell » 10 Jan 2018, 10:56

My experience is it takes roughly 3 real days for crops to grow. I can easily produce enough food for a 15-20 player group on my own. I am also dedicating about 70% of my planting to straw and flax for the animal lore people to make feed for animals, and make essential items like armour and crafting items.

I am solely producing 4 ingredient food for skilling and my stockpile is yet to run out.

Return to General Discussion