What we want in Premium mode?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Saar
Zealous Believer

What we want in Premium mode?

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2016, 12:24

Hi everybody,
As the devs seems curently thinking about Permium mode and what it will contain (
Spoiler
) I wanna ask your opinion about it.

For me, a simple booster (as Bobbik evocated) seems a good idea if it's not too powerfull (a 200% boost max for one hour seems correct in my opinion).

I'd love they offer specific (AND tradeable) armor skin to Premium each month but I don't know if it can be realistif (lot of work).

A reskin for a (tiny?) house (specific for each race) can be very very valuable for me. I would love to have my one tiny and beautiful shack.

Any others idea?

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Re: What we want in Premium mode?

Post by Styxwash » 06 Dec 2016, 12:58

Skill boosters should be an automatical part of the premium service.

This would make it resemble a subscription more, which imo. is the best way to handle a premium service.

The skill boost should be constant and minor, rather than significant within a shorter, set period of time. A system like that would encourage boosted players to play no different than others.

I don't want to see a system where a boosted player is able to achieve huge gains within 2 or 4 hours for a one time fee. That could easily border on P2W.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 06 Dec 2016, 13:46

to me, a permanent boost on skill gain is already a pay2win... we could also imagine an alignement boost ? and why not a god protection from killing penalty ? if a guy pay for, can he free kill ?

maybe the premium could give access to some kind of crafting patterns ? coward warcry could be only premium (that's a troll right here, hu hu),
ethnic buildings plans available only for premiums ? giving a value to premium builders
special alchemy recipes or even no "drunk" effect for cocktails made by a premium alchemist ?
VERY special outfits for premium tailors ?
a higher luck bonus for premiums ?
if pray for home coming isn't removed, and just reduce (like being able to pray only in the same server where your home is), why not improving the radius for the pray ?

... it could be several things, and I really hope devs will tell us very very very soon ! (and show what is the believer robe)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 06 Dec 2016, 13:53

There was answer what they plan for now.

58. Will the Premium Account/In-game currency break the balance between the player with a Premium Account and a player without it?
Answer: Nope, it should not. But you can expect, that Premium account/currency will unlock special skins, one a day boost progression of skills (kinda like Power Hour in UO) and give you bigger storage in central city (probably). There is no list of goodies that you will be able to receive for Premium account/Premium currency set in stone yet. And there won't be until we get closer to Wave #2.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2016, 14:06

They only said they haven't planned goodies yet :)
I'm looking for goodies only on Premium. IMAO, it's the best choice for avoid the Pay-to-Win trap.
But it's a lot of work for them...

Guild War 2 gems shop can be an inspiration, no?

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 06 Dec 2016, 15:04

I'm sorry to side with the whiners here, but the "power hour/day" approach is horrible and P2W exploitable.

It will encourage premium players to hoard weeks worth of materials for they're profession, activate the limited skill booster and craft all the way through it, gaining a huge payoff on they're investment.

It will encourage premium players to play differently than non-premium and the premium players will have a different point of view on the use of materials and will require an alternate production schedule.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2016, 15:20

+1

but it's another debate.
The initial question is what WE WANT IN, not what we dont want ^^

If we are able to propose solution to the devs, we have better chance they follow us than if only are raging against theirs proposal, no?

That's why I launched this topic. I hoping we were able to propose idea to the devs team.

Can we envisage a dye system?
This feature exist in numberous MMO (Wildstar, GW2, etc..). Premium can have more dye diversity or better accuracy in painting (more parts, more details) -> better idea IMAO :D

Maybe the devs team planned to implement a real farming dying system with alchimy ;)

I don't like pet system witch are in others MMOs, but It can be another solution. Only premium can have pets? (only for cosmetic purpose)
A falcon on the arm/shoulder or a cat following...
Last edited by Saar on 06 Dec 2016, 15:50, edited 2 times in total.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 06 Dec 2016, 15:23

Styxwash wrote:I'm sorry to side with the whiners here, but the "power hour/day" approach is horrible and P2W exploitable.

It will encourage premium players to hoard weeks worth of materials for they're profession, activate the limited skill booster and craft all the way through it, gaining a huge payoff on they're investment.

It will encourage premium players to play differently than non-premium and the premium players will have a different point of view on the use of materials and will require an alternate production schedule.

Well don't you do absolutely the same anyway when you play on slow progression speed? Prepare lots of materials, grab the best food available in the guild (which is in very limited numbers) eat 5 times for best multiplier and craft everything you've prepared.

Tony4t3
Devoted Believer

Post by Tony4t3 » 06 Dec 2016, 16:01

So a note on posting what we do not want. It gives the Devs an idea on things that could cause people to stop playing so they are valid for this forum.

I like the idea of access to different recipes. These could be the same as the regular ones just look different (Armor, Weapons, Buildings).

I think a small skill boost would be good for the entire premium period. Something like 5% should not be too over powered but still desirable.

A small amount of in game currency each month.

A small random care package each month. It could have some common items and maybe one rare. Things like good quality seeds, sprouts, stone, ore, tools.....

The ability to summon a newly created character to them once withing the first game day of the new character life. This will be very helpful in building your guild faster so people do not have to run half way across the map to find you.

One extra character ticket.

These are just a few thoughts I have right now.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2016, 16:10

Others ideas:

- A arena in central city where everybody can see the match but only Premium can join.
Winner of each match keep the control of the Arena. After a full day, he became the Master of the Arena and obtain a title and a unique skin.

- A character with x100 on skillpoint learning ONLY on the island. Cant transfert it.
Usefull for testing a new job, combat training or assisting a friend's first step on LiF.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 06 Dec 2016, 22:09

What I'd like to see:

* Only premium can craft Royal Armors
* Premium can put maker mark on weapons and armor
* Only premium can create Kingdom (Order and villages non premium)
* Only Premium can craft boats or trade carts (When implemented)
* Only premium can craft siege engine

Seems like alot? Well, lets flip the script. If I am going to pay PER CHARACTER to get off the newbie island, why should I subscribe?

If I am a premium subscriber should I not by default get advantages over the non-premium players? Why else would I subscribe?

I don't think most players are going to get conned into subscribing for a little luck bonus and an hour's worth of skill gain bonus a day.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 06 Dec 2016, 23:09

You would subscribe, because you are fine with throwing some money at the devs (like 5-10 Euro/month) who let you have fun, the boosters, skins, storage in the central city and other stuff is bonus. If you want something specific just use the shop to buy it.

What you propose is exactly the p2w bullshit everyone (well almost I guess) tries to avoid. I mean limiting the craft? If some smith gets lucky enough to actually collect the blueprints for royal armor he should be able to craft it and possibly sell it for decent fortune. If he has to pay real money first that's p2w - isn't that the case when something endgame isn't available for non paying players?

Same with boats, carts and siege equipment. I can't imagine more p2w stuff if you have to pay real money to form a Kingdom and go siege someone...

Marking your weapons and armors with "crafted by ..." is great however, it should have been available to all not with just 1% chance, but as it's cosmetic it's perfectly fine to put it on the premium side together with skins.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 07 Dec 2016, 01:20

Sharana wrote:You would subscribe, because you are fine with throwing some money at the devs (like 5-10 Euro/month) who let you have fun, the boosters, skins, storage in the central city and other stuff is bonus. If you want something specific just use the shop to buy it.

No sorry. This is a business and I am a customer they are trying to court and coax money from on a daily/monthly basis. If they are going to try to get my monies three different ways (Cash shop, Subscription, Character Tickets) then they better make it worth my while to spend the money.

If they seriously want people to subscribe for a monthly fee then there needs to be some sort of advantage to doing so.

In fact the majority of games that utilize subscriptions in conjunction with cash shops have significant bonus's that actually make the subscription worth paying OR they lock high end content behind a paywall.

Look at what LIF is. There are very few benefits that they can offer a premium subscriber. There are no levels, no gold coins of real use, no magic items really. The only thing they can offer are skill boosts, monthly premium currency deposits, reputation boosts, and skins. Beyond that unless they lock the free accounts behind a paywall then you really are not getting much for your subscription.

Also no your definition of P2W is wrong. P2W is when the inherent advantages of having a subscription are so good that the non-subscription account is forced to pay up or be unable to compete. Limiting high end crafting doesn't do that because those players can still obtain those items through other means. Royal Armor is intended to be so rare that being unable to craft it due to a paywall would have literally zero effect on "winning" unless you consider crafting your first suit of Royal Armor and then quitting in happiness as "winning"
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 07 Dec 2016, 02:23

Sharana wrote:Well don't you do absolutely the same anyway when you play on slow progression speed? Prepare lots of materials, grab the best food available in the guild (which is in very limited numbers) eat 5 times for best multiplier and craft everything you've prepared.

True, I suppose you can compare, but it will still offset the playstyles abit.

But my main concern is that the skill gain for one such setting is going to be pretty significant or a limited time booster wouldn't be worthwhile purchasing.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 07 Dec 2016, 05:11

1.More carrying weight
2.More cosmetic stuff that can be choosed (eye,hairsyle,ear,tattoos,ect,just like the game MABINOGI )
3.Unique title showed in the game
4.Death with more less skillpoints loss(or just less skillpoints loss if above -49)
5.More lucky to do somthing (not good,less P2W)
6.If above -49 and can increase it to 0 by praying but never >0

:%)
Last edited by Artoria Pendragon on 07 Dec 2016, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 07 Dec 2016, 06:47

6.If above -49 and can increase it to 0 by praying

I'm totally against this!
It a non-sense and it let's the door open to evrything. Players will do kos and robber without any limitations!
Alignment is the system for avoiding bad behavior.

If you can overpass the system by paying... Arg! :evil:

Weye
Devoted Believer

Post by Weye » 07 Dec 2016, 07:28

I'm against the carry weight increase, death with reduced penalty, luck increase, and the alignment change, all those are blatantly p2w, all of them bypass a restriction placed on regular members or in the case of the alignment, completely removes the significance of the criminal system.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 07 Dec 2016, 09:49

Weye wrote:I'm against the carry weight increase, death with reduced penalty, luck increase, and the alignment change, all those are blatantly p2w, all of them bypass a restriction placed on regular members or in the case of the alignment, completely removes the significance of the criminal system.

then the Premium membership will be worthless,all it can be slightly,for example, weight-carring increasing just from 140 to 145 or 150
Last edited by Artoria Pendragon on 07 Dec 2016, 10:14, edited 4 times in total.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 07 Dec 2016, 09:52

Saar wrote:
6.If above -49 and can increase it to 0 by praying

I'm totally against this!
It a non-sense and it let's the door open to evrything. Players will do kos and robber without any limitations!
Alignment is the system for avoiding bad behavior.

If you can overpass the system by paying... Arg! :evil:

it can be very slowly, if the bandits regret to do what they did,they still have a chance , if they do it again,then even Premium mode cant help them anyway.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 07 Dec 2016, 15:10

If in the shop there is anything except cosmetics, not avaiable to a common player that bought the game, I personaly and i know no one cares about that will completely abandon the whole life is feudal world/idea. What is even worse that the wave 1 is now close and we have to wait months on months for definitive answer.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 07 Dec 2016, 16:10

Yep, I think devs can do more money with only cosmetics than if they propose any kind of boosters. Players hate P2W especially hardcore gamers as us for LiF. I fear any proposal about booster or advantage will be assimilated by community to P2W.

The thing I hope it's about the price. I hope they will propose low to very low price. I'm nearly sure it's more reliable for them to give cosmetic in low price than a regular affordable price.

I play to Heroes of the Storm since its release, cosmetics and heroes price are insane. Really. About 9€ for a skin!
I never bough and probably never buy something in this game (some of them are really beautifull but... i won't).

I played a lot of time to World of Warcraft for 5 years. Their mounts and pets are expensives too (20 and 10€). Never buy something.

In GW2, I played only few month, as the skin price were low, I buy for about 50€...
In my opinion, the price is very very important and, maybe devs team can do some tests with differents prices to see by themself which is more reliable for them.

Wortnes
Zealous Believer

Post by Wortnes » 07 Dec 2016, 17:35

What i would like to see in the In Game Shop:

-Cosmetic Itens skins, as new armor, clothes, weapons and Tatoos/Hair/beard, House, etc.
-Character rename/appearance change
-Low q food (max multiplier 1 or something like that, just so you dont die of hunger)
-Low q Basic tools (like primitive tools or low q iron tools, for those who want to jump right into the building/lvling 20 minutes before the others.

Maybe could be a rule like not selling anything over 40q on the shop, and nothing beyond tier 1 craft, so this items would be ONLY to gain some time. They would be cheap too.

What i expect from the Premium Time:

-Discounts for the In Game Shop and special free itens from time to time
-Exclusive skins for weapons and etc
-Remember those low q itens from shop? That, in newbie form. Cant lose your stone pickaxe now when you pay the rent.
-Pray home/bring friends (some kind of limit here)
-Redeemable set of clothes (so you will always have a nice suit on, gentleman, no stats, only for show, unlootable/untradable)
-Spot on the main city. If you pay rent, you should have at least a bank there. If you pay enough maybe have a city house with VERY LIMITED storage. (Very limited as in i cant store 300 horses and 1000 armor sets there on my safe)

What i dont want to see there
-Faster lvling. ANY amount of this would be p2w
-Bigger claims trough shop or premium. That would be p2w too.
-Faster crops or faster building or faster crafting. Anything faster would be p2w.
-Return from -50 align, or gain align on any form.
-Good Weapons/armor/tools/itens. P2w.
-Any animals/seeds/livestock. Please dont.

Pretty much that.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 07 Dec 2016, 19:21

Saar wrote:Others ideas:
- A arena in central city where everybody can see the match but only Premium can join.
Winner of each match keep the control of the Arena. After a full day, he became the Master of the Arena and obtain a title and a unique skin.
This seems to theme-park to me.

Saar wrote:- A character with x100 on skillpoint learning ONLY on the island. Cant transfert it.
Usefull for testing a new job, combat training or assisting a friend's first step on LiF.

You can do this already in LIF-YO. The newbie island is for newbies trying out the game as a consideration for buying, not for players to test things on. It will be bad enough that some players will use this as an opportunity to grief other new players just coming to the game.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 07 Dec 2016, 19:29

I don't get why so many people are so freaked out about the skill GAIN consumable item. They go completely mental over a mechanic that is already in the game.

Do you know that with cookies you can raise your skill multiplier to over 2? So if the premium service just gave a cookie every day - those players would have an instant advantage at the beginning of the game.

if they decided to give away low quality food, then something that only granted a .25 skill modifier would be more appropriate, but frankly, I wouldn't consider that service worth paying for.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 07 Dec 2016, 19:46

After giving it some thought, the list that Sharana has posted before is enough for me to subscribe. However, here is a few other points.

• There should not be anything taken away from the current game play for non-premium players.
  • There must not, under any circumstances, be anything related to changing a players alignment.
  • Anything added should cost Gods Favor (including skill GAIN consumables.
  • Any skill GAIN multiplier items should come in the form of a consumable that can be looted/stolen/sold on the marketplace, and should add no more than 1x to the players current skill gain multiplier.
  • Players should be able to purchase unique character meshes with Gods Favor. Despite the quality of the game, Ork players in Eternal Crusade can purchase peg legs and other 'orky' meshes that add to the flavor of that game.
  • Cosmetic items should contain race specific item meshes and Kingdom/Order/Guild specific item meshes. By this I mean the leader of the Kingdom should be able to have a crown for their head slot that would not be available to the rank and file or anyone in smaller organizations.

I keep emphasizing the word GAIN, because so many people seem to think that they are purchasing skill.

Janisrubins
Zealous Believer

Post by Janisrubins » 07 Dec 2016, 20:29

* Premium tools for people who bought golden package, like 100% AXE 100% Hammer starting package.
* VIP support from developers, so our request and wish will be solved at first
* 1-2 indestructible items
* VIP access to server, I mean there will be always reserved place for Zealous believer package users.
* Faster crafting, but a little bit.
* Chance to choose one skill and upgrade it 90%

If the developers are asking such a price for the gold package I want the very good service back. So if you are requesting high price, than service for us should be very good and our wishes at first place.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 07 Dec 2016, 20:34

Janisrubins wrote:* Chance to choose one skill and upgrade it 90%

No way, because 90 skill is supposed to take months. As for the pack - that is not premium. You buy many stuff in the pack like character slots, YO (standalone game), currency, premium and other stuff. The thing in question is what PREMIUM (1 item in the pack) should give.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 07 Dec 2016, 20:37

Janisrubins wrote:* Premium tools for people who bought golden package, like 100% AXE 100% Hammer starting package.
* VIP support from developers, so our request and wish will be solved at first
* 1-2 indestructible items
* VIP access to server, I mean there will be always reserved place for Zealous believer package users.
* Faster crafting, but a little bit.
* Chance to choose one skill and upgrade it 90%

If the developers are asking such a price for the gold package I want the very good service back. So if you are requesting high price, than service for us should be very good and our wishes at first place.

You're Funny!

People who bought the Zealot package knew what they were getting when they bought it. They deserve nothing else. This thread is about what folks would like to see from a premium service (as in, those who subscribe).

Janisrubins
Zealous Believer

Post by Janisrubins » 07 Dec 2016, 20:41

Developers are asking high price for the golden package, money is not issue. But I expect also to receive good service for such a price.

Wortnes
Zealous Believer

Post by Wortnes » 07 Dec 2016, 21:52

Azzerhoden wrote:
Saar wrote:Others ideas:
This seems to theme-park to me.

Saar wrote:- A character with x100 on skillpoint learning ONLY on the island. Cant transfert it.

You can do this already in LIF-YO. The newbie island is for newbies trying out the game as a consideration for buying, not for players to test things on. It will be bad enough that some players will use this as an opportunity to grief other new players just coming to the game.

Yeah, bad idea the arena thing. Hope we dont get any of that.

Also, the 1 skill to 90 thing... No. Please no.

Return to General Discussion