Open letter to Masons

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!

Heretycs
Beta Tester

Open letter to Masons

Post by Heretycs » 21 Dec 2016, 21:12

For those of you not aware of this fact, Life is Feudal is a game of politics. On its surface it looks like a neat little game about base building and slapping your neighbor in the face with a sledge hammer once in awhile, but that mind set only scratches the surface of this amazing game we’ve all taken to playing. Recently, a guild by the name of Forged [FD] has unknowingly and without intent taken center stage of the political world of Life is Feudal. These individuals have become victims of extortion and forced vassalization by a considerably larger guild going by the name of “The Kingdom of Masons [MAS]”. Masons have in the past been known as a group that could fill up a considerable portion of multiple LiF:YO servers with their population. [MAS] have decided that the best way for their guild to introduce themselves to the multitude of new players joining the Life is Feudal community is to demand that a small group to enter into an ongoing relationship where in this small group would be required to hand over their resources, or be faced with an extended grief war with Masons.

For those of you who have no knowledge of Masons’ actions in the past, they have become somewhat notorious for exploiting unintended game mechanics for the purpose of their own amusement. To subject a small group like Forged to this level of grief war from an experienced group who is aware of every dirty trick in the book is harmful for player retention in this game.

For as many of you who have no idea who Masons are, there are probably as many of you who have no idea who I am. I am a part of a group calling ourselves Blood Pact, and am writing on behalf of the kingdoms Brothers in Arms [BIA], La Orden [LO], Prosperity [Pros], Vanirs Krigsmen [VK], and Blood Vikings [BV]. In addition we include many other guilds among our ranks participating in wave 1 of the MMO: Cuervos de la Tormenta [CDT], DNO [DNO], Forge [Frg], Framed in Blood [FIB], Heidabyr [HB], Hispania [HISP], Ordo Teutonicus [OT], Schwarzschild-Clan [SSC], Sons Of Odin [SON], and XenoTavern [XT]. Other guilds within our federation without a significant presence in this wave of the MMO include, though may not be limited to: Grande Autismo/Granducato della Uallera, Cuervos Errantes, Everstorm, Battleborn, Winterfell, and Mascarade. Additionally, other guilds of significant size, but also smaller guilds, have made offers to back Blood Pact should a war with Masons come to fruition.

To those guilds who are members of the Russian federation (United Slavic Armies), ARKONA, Arkaim, Tartaria, Vikings: We urge you to consider the better good of this game and condemn your allies actions that will result in driving away players.

If Masons continue in their attempts to aggressively vassalise smaller groups less able to defend themselves then Blood Pact and our associates will stand up in defense of these groups and begin unrestricted war on Masons and those who chose to support them.

SavageBonobo
Beta Tester

Re: Open letter to Masons

Post by SavageBonobo » 21 Dec 2016, 21:29

Life is Feudal.

I fucking hate the Masons, but part of the Sandbox is the emergence of these factions and the reactionary groups that will band together to defeat them.

It's well within the game's mechanics of having vassals, so it's up to the rest of the player base to do something about it.

We need factions. REgional conflict and shit to go down. Having a zerg vs a zerg is the death of any game.

Basically, if they want to catch some hands, I have bigly yuge hands to slap nerds around with.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 21 Dec 2016, 21:31

Drama in beta!

This sounds promising :)

LiFKarl
Beta Tester

Post by LiFKarl » 21 Dec 2016, 21:37

IzznO
True Believer

Post by IzznO » 21 Dec 2016, 21:45

Boz
Zealous Believer

Post by Boz » 21 Dec 2016, 21:50

Interesting.

I've always found their PVP friendly and without slander and flaming in chat and on forums...

Granted no-one hates a bully and I just see this a what was intended. Small group is targeted and call for help. The Blood Pact come running against the Russian Horde. World war ensues. #Butterflyeffect

This is really should be good large scale war that can only draw players in imo.

The Kingdom of Vangaria along with the rest of the Dark Age Coalition will watch with interest. :)

Boz Dagfinn,
Co-leader of the Dark Age Coalition
Co-leader of the Kingdom of Vangaria
Lord of House Dagfinn

Fearless
Zealous Believer

Post by Fearless » 21 Dec 2016, 21:53

We in [FD] "The Forged" will not go down with out a fight! :evil: and kneel to no one!

Libeer
True Believer

Post by Libeer » 21 Dec 2016, 21:53

-Ruga
-Prosperity

chipit
Devoted Believer

Post by chipit » 21 Dec 2016, 21:56

Forth. PRO's

Hanz_knife
Devoted Believer

Post by Hanz_knife » 21 Dec 2016, 21:59

Boz wrote:Interesting.

I've always found their PVP friendly and without slander and flaming in chat and on forums...

Granted no-one hates a bully and I just see this a what was intended. Small group is targeted and call for help. The Blood Pact come running against the Russian Horde. World war ensues. #Butterflyeffect

This is really should be good large scale war that can only draw players in imo.

The Kingdom of Vangaria along with the rest of the Dark Age Coalition will watch with interest. :)

Boz Dagfinn,
Co-leader of the Dark Age Coalition
Co-leader of the Kingdom of Vangaria
Lord of House Dagfinn

well, have to...kinda...agree...but... EITHNE STRONK!! EITHNE WAR!!! EITHNE BLOOD!!! EITHNE HUNT!!

Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir!
"Jistě, byl to narušitel a nejspíš vrah a s takovými se musí jednat bez milosti. To není jako práce s buzolou děti."

Moyer
Zealous Believer

Post by Moyer » 21 Dec 2016, 22:01

Patriot_eke
Zealous Believer

Post by Patriot_eke » 21 Dec 2016, 22:02

Ut oh, the YO players thought they could play the mmo and keep all their rules to protect them. Sorry, you can't have three pages of rules in the mmo, and your GM powers have no affect there. Good luck on the battlefield.

Try roleplaying with them. Maybe that will work.

TeshubMASON
Beta Tester

Post by TeshubMASON » 21 Dec 2016, 22:03

Fearless wrote:We in [FD] "The Forged" will not go down with out a fight! :evil: and kneel to no one!

It was funny, when you 7 killed our farmers, and when we came to avenge the blood, you are perfectly out of the game.

greetings, Mason

Eppen_92
True Believer

Post by Eppen_92 » 21 Dec 2016, 22:03

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 21 Dec 2016, 22:04

Can't we all just share a vodka and some roast bear and get along?
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Bello
True Believer

Post by Bello » 21 Dec 2016, 22:05

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 21 Dec 2016, 22:12

Ixchael
True Believer

Post by Ixchael » 21 Dec 2016, 22:34

TeshubMASON wrote:
Fearless wrote:We in [FD] "The Forged" will not go down with out a fight! :evil: and kneel to no one!

It was funny, when you 7 killed our farmers, and when we came to avenge the blood, you are perfectly out of the game.

greetings, Mason

News to me that we've killed any farmers. Got a name of who did it? Or any proof at all?

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 21 Dec 2016, 22:57

HAHAHA I won 50$. And as Vanirs Alliance has always been known to do, they are looking to 4 to 1 zerg all possible threats (with another lame excuse of people playing a civilization type game outside "their" rules). Many who stand for freedom and not the rules you dictate or the server you kill with your nut cupping 10+ guilds together will stand by idle in the face of slavery.

Anyone who attempts to claim their server square will vassal others. (kind of how creating a kingdom worked in those times and this is Life is Feudal, your no longer server admin.)

Be a man and beat them on your own or at least on even grounds, what is this 4 to 1 odds and a call out on the forums for help. Your honor must rest in your women, send them to war for you, your children could use the better example.

They are the free men, and would receive a warriors death. In their place I would welcome your sheep. I cant even find where I placed the respect I had left for Blood Pact.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 21 Dec 2016, 23:12

Ixchael wrote:
TeshubMASON wrote:

greetings, Mason

News to me that we've killed any farmers. Got a name of who did it? Or any proof at all?

So SEVEN people invaded you and you could not go down without a fight because you were to busy running to a large alliance to go down on you, while fighting your fight for you?

Reasonable response : :beer:

Get Popcorn, for the 300 reenactment and largest server crash to date. May as well just zerg all who have honor and will not yield or agree with you now, we know it coming.

chipit
Devoted Believer

Post by chipit » 21 Dec 2016, 23:15

Forth. PRO's

Fearless
Zealous Believer

Post by Fearless » 21 Dec 2016, 23:21

TeshubMASON wrote:

greetings, Mason

Proof or it never happened :ROFL:

Ixchael
True Believer

Post by Ixchael » 21 Dec 2016, 23:24

Meh, I don't even know OP - nor did I ask him to write this open letter.

I'm not sure where this number of 7 people is coming from, but the story seems to keep changing. Your ramblings are too incoherent for me to follow.

All I know is that we were attacked and apparently we have friends who are willing to help. That's nice to know.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 22 Dec 2016, 00:01

Simply trolling the fact its posted. :beer:

I do not know any involved but seen the massive war Dec's. And I guess this is why is there even proof? Or they needed to simply beat their chest. I thought we were all just making stuff up, was fun for me.

Reminds me of the Shadowbane board warrior days. Thought we had something real here.

Toren
True Believer

Post by Toren » 22 Dec 2016, 00:15

I gotta say, I don't know why you guys are backing the Forged. They attacked our guys on sight for no reason, and also set up an alt claim in the volcano that they used to mine out all the valuables up there and deleted it after it was warred. If it is a game of politics as you say, they really don't deserve any help.
Oh and fyi we aren't a Russian guild or even remotely affiliated with the Masons.

Creusce
Beta Tester

Post by Creusce » 22 Dec 2016, 00:30

Last edited by Creusce on 01 Jan 2017, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.

Fearless
Zealous Believer

Post by Fearless » 22 Dec 2016, 00:34

"One" of you're guys not seven came on our land past our border and walls tooled up with weapons what you expect.

Regards to the volcano we didn't remove the monument, you're intel needs to be better some one is filling you with sh#t. :ROFL:

Easton88
Beta Tester

Post by Easton88 » 22 Dec 2016, 00:39

Akershner wrote:I gotta say, I don't know why you guys are backing the Forged. They attacked our guys on sight for no reason, and also set up an alt claim in the volcano that they used to mine out all the valuables up there and deleted it after it was warred. If it is a game of politics as you say, they really don't deserve any help.
Oh and fyi we aren't a Russian guild or even remotely affiliated with the Masons.

Hello :)!

1. We are a trade/craft guild. It is highly unlikely that you were attacked for no reason or attacked at all. We do have pvpers, but even they are on the same page regarding aggression.

2. Did we really get all of the valuables? :Bravo:

We did not ask anyone for help. Our contact with these Guild's came forward from non aggression pacts. We are frankly baffled we played a inciting part in the theatre show : LIF MMO war 1. Get some popcorn & :beer: .

Fearless
Zealous Believer

Post by Fearless » 22 Dec 2016, 00:41

Easton88 wrote:
Akershner wrote:I gotta say, I don't know why you guys are backing the Forged. They attacked our guys on sight for no reason, and also set up an alt claim in the volcano that they used to mine out all the valuables up there and deleted it after it was warred. If it is a game of politics as you say, they really don't deserve any help.

Hello :)!

1. We are a trade/craft guild. It is highly unlikely that you were attacked for no reason or attacked at all. We do have pvpers, but even they are on the same page regarding aggression.

2. Did we really get all of the valuables? :Bravo:

We did not ask anyone for help. Our contact with these Guild's came forward from non aggression pacts. We are frankly baffled we played a inciting part in the theatre show : LIF MMO war 1. Get some popcorn & :beer: .

Clifford approves of this message :Yahoo!:

Freshmango55
Beta Tester

Post by Freshmango55 » 22 Dec 2016, 00:57

Last edited by Freshmango55 on 22 Dec 2016, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics